Tyreik Wright to Bradford on loan | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tyreik Wright to Bradford on loan

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
You’re holding Coventry against him? The ball went out. He defended it as well as can be expected. That has to be among the most unreasonable and clearly prejudicial things I’ve ever seen written on PASOTI.

FWIW I thought in his time on the pitch at Coventry he looked the most inventive of all our players going forward.
The ball was out.
Still doesn't stop the fact that Wright's effort to stop the player going past him was extremely weak. He backs off and backs off and then when the player goes past him it's with the lamest almost shrug by Wright. Maybe defending wasn't his forte, but I'd expect more of an attempt than that from anyone.
I've just watched it back and on viewing it again it's even more pathetic...so you can take your 'clearly prejudicial' nonsense and, 'defended as well as can be expected'...I wouldn't expect an 11 year old to defend with that little heart...I said it in real time and I firmly stand by it, it's actually p1ssed me off even more watching it again so thanks for helping me clarify that I was bang right about the incident.
'Prejudicial' 😂 flip me, get a grip.

1.28 on (if you can bear it).

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020
The ball was out.
Still doesn't stop the fact that Wright's effort to stop the player going past him was extremely weak. He backs off and backs off and then when the player goes past him it's with the lamest almost shrug by Wright. Maybe defending wasn't his forte, but I'd expect more of an attempt than that from anyone.
I've just watched it back and on viewing it again it's even more pathetic...so you can take your 'clearly prejudicial' nonsense and, 'defended as well as can be expected'...I wouldn't expect an 11 year old to defend with that little heart...I said it in real time and I firmly stand by it, it's actually p1ssed me off even more watching it again so thanks for helping me clarify that I was bang right about the incident.
'Prejudicial' 😂 flip me, get a grip.

1.28 on (if you can bear it).

I've watched the clip. It's just poor defending by a young guy who was little bit out of their depth (and probably knew it).

I genuinely think that if you watch that and your response is to go on the internet and launch into a rant using terms like pathetic, lame, weak, lack of heart etc about someone you've never met, you probably need to reflect on what football is doing to your sanity. Sadly true of a lot of modern fans.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I've watched the clip. It's just poor defending by a young guy who was little bit out of their depth (and probably knew it).

I genuinely think that if you watch that and your response is to go on the internet and launch into a rant using terms like pathetic, lame, weak, lack of heart etc about someone you've never met, you probably need to reflect on what football is doing to your sanity. Sadly true of a lot of modern fans.
He's a paid pro, paid to represent the 1000 odd supporters who'd paid good money and travelled half the length of the country on a work night.
Regardless whether you think he was out of his depth or whether you think that football isn't that important and we shouldn't get annoyed by it the way I was, if you think that level of effort to stop that player breezing past him was acceptable then you have very low standards. If someone went past me in 5 a side that easily my team would b0//0ck me. It was no surprise he didn't feature again for us after that and I think most managers would have been similarly inclined to drop that player henceforth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Green 1886 and NLG

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
The lad has gone. No point in further post mortem about his ability, attitude or concentrating only on the mistakes he made. Having been out of my depth in a job fairly late in a reasonably successful career, I know the mental toll that takes on you. Yes he is a paid pro, but that doesn't insulate him from feeling isolated. It gets to the stage that when you do think your getting somewhere, the stress you have already suffered has an effect on your performance. And it's made even worse when you go from being cock of the walk to looking like the runt of the litter. Time just to wish him well and hope he recaptures his form, and far more importantly, his self esteem.

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
Tyreik’s heart clearly wasn’t in it from day one, it really surprised me how he just didn’t want to push himself to be part of a championship team who are playing great football. Saying that, he never really looked like a fit in our system, and that’s rare with our recruitment model.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Tyreik’s heart clearly wasn’t in it from day one, it really surprised me how he just didn’t want to push himself to be part of a championship team who are playing great football. Saying that, he never really looked like a fit in our system, and that’s rare with our recruitment model.
No that is not clear at all. Apparently he worked extremely hard in the summer to get himself ready for the season.

What is clear, and this is where I agree with you, he is an out and out winger and we don't play with wingers. I suspect the latter is the reason it hasn't worked out, and maybe he didn't have the ability. We will never know because he didn't play enough minutes.

Obviously not trusted by Schuey, or ND, because they didn't play him.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012

Jesus, you talk some absolute crap on occasions! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jan 6, 2004

"modern fans"? football fans have always been over the top, perhaps even more in the past than they are now.

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
Jesus, you talk some absolute crap on occasions! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Really. Did you observe Tyriek giving it 100% on the pitch? Did he try to prove his manager and others wrong, Really?

If he gave it everything on the pitch like Ben Waine, but didn’t cut it you can accept that.

I haven’t said a negative word about the guy, but since he’s now gone I’ll say what I see. If that’s alright with you.

and maybe the buck stops with the recruitment team, but that doesn't excuse lack of effort imo. I hope he finds the right fit for him and finds his level. Just not at Argyle imo.

Last edited:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
"modern fans"? football fans have always been over the top, perhaps even more in the past than they are now.
I think the difference is that due to social media a much wider circle now see how over the top some football fans are. Previously, in most cases peoples' opinions were only heard by their family, colleagues at work, mates down the pub and the bloke next to you on the football special.

Reactions: Frank Butcher

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Really. Did you observe Tyriek giving it 100% on the pitch? Did he try to prove his manager and others wrong, Really?

If he gave it everything on the pitch like Ben Waine, but didn’t cut it you can accept that.

I haven’t said a negative word about the guy, but since he’s now gone I’ll say what I see. If that’s alright with you.

and maybe the buck stops with the recruitment team, but that doesn't excuse lack of effort imo. I hope he finds the right fit for him and finds his level. Just not at Argyle imo.
You have no idea what he did or didn’t do effort wise. I saw him chasing back for balls many times only to be called ‘lazy’ my posters on here. I’ve seen him out doing additional training with his team mates on Christmas Day to improve/keep his fitness levels up.

The bloke was not given a chance by some fans, he was labelled lazy and that was the end of him. Much like Ben Waine he has struggled because they came in to a winning side in January and rightly so couldn’t push in to a winning first team. It was always going to be hard for them both this season especially as we are now a league higher.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
You have no idea what he did or didn’t do effort wise. I saw him chasing back for balls many times only to be called ‘lazy’ my posters on here. I’ve seen him out doing additional training with his team mates on Christmas Day to improve/keep his fitness levels up.

The bloke was not given a chance by some fans, he was labelled lazy and that was the end of him. Much like Ben Waine he has struggled because they came in to a winning side in January and rightly so couldn’t push in to a winning first team. It was always going to be hard for them both this season especially as we are now a league higher.
Completely agree mate.

May 29, 2011
Bristol

Spot on. Some of the grief these young fringe developing players have been given by Argyle fans is just embarrassing. Pasoti posters have actually been kinder and more reasonable (maybe a maturity thing?!) than I’ve seen on Facebook, for example.
I feel privileged to have grown up watching some properly useless Argyle sides because now anything is a bonus!