Threlkeld to Belgium? (joins Waasland-Beveren - confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Threlkeld to Belgium? (joins Waasland-Beveren - confirmed)

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Tugboat":3ng8szo6 said:
Slightly peeved off with him to be fair.

If he went to a championship club he would get my thabks and blessing but to Belgium? Really?

And no fee either. Another kick in the balls from an important player.

It’s not Threlkeld’s responsibility to ensure we get a fee for him. Frankly for young talented players we should be trying to contract for more than two years.

He’s said on a Twitter he’s always wanted to play overseas and this is a good opportunity. I won’t begrudge that. He’ll be hard to replace for sure.

Apr 6, 2009
Good luck to him, definitely had a soft spot for Oscar, he always talked to us and our son. Its a shame to see him go and we definitely will need to replace him but I always thought this was on the cards as he doesn't really have anything keeping him here right now

Aug 4, 2011
Army green":3e4tqp9m said:
Tugboat":3e4tqp9m said:

If he went to a championship club he would get my thabks and blessing but to Belgium? Really?

More pay, top flight football in a nice country like Belgium. Can’t blame him to be honest.

Not just the pay, he has subsidized accommodation, organised return travel to the UK, hire car all arranged, good bonus structure

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
An odd choice.

Good luck to him, he will be difficult to replace.

He's signed a three year contract, Waasland-Beveren play in a 8,200 capacity stadium, they are currently second from bottom in a play-off group.
The Belgium league is divided into play-off groups after a regular season of 30 games.

PL2 3DQ":chb77t6r said:
An odd choice.

He's signed a three year contract, Waasland-Beveren play in a 8,200 capacity stadium, they are currently second from bottom in a play-off group.
The Belgium league is divided into play-off groups after a regular season of 30 games.

Good choice then ?????? :facepalm:

Why oh Why ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Aug 24, 2008
PL2 3DQ":2u0m4vmn said:
An odd choice.

I wonder if his decision to leave may also be to the position he has been playing in, and I wonder if he has been signed as a midfielder, rather than RB. Pure speculation, but would explain a few things, such as the alleged unhappiness at our club etc.

Whatever the reason, all the best to the kid. Always gave his all wearing green.

Mar 8, 2016
PL2 3DQ":1bxkun98 said:
An odd choice.

Isn’t the playoff for who qualifies for the Europa league? Something we will never get close too. Hope it works out for the lad, if nothing else it will be good experience for him. He’s been great for argyle and wish him all the best.

Aug 2, 2011
Tugboat":z6wn8c8d said:

What is your problem. He gave 100% for us but he is no different to the current generation of footballers. They have opportunities in a global market and have every right to take up what they perceived to be in their best interests.

All modern day footballers are bag carriers and do what they and their agents think is best. He worked for us, got paid by us and now has a new challenge. Thanks for what you did and good luck in your future career.

May 16, 2016
Good luck to the chap. Not sure why it's always someone's fault that a Player decides / arranges in advance to move on. The fact it's happened so quickly, its Belgium and not some other English higher placed , better played Club says more about his desire to go abroad than anything to me.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
katkin":2uq73589 said:
Good luck to him, definitely had a soft spot for Oscar, he always talked to us and our son. Its a shame to see him go and we definitely will need to replace him but I always thought this was on the cards as he doesn't really have anything keeping him here right now

What was keeping him at Argyle before?

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Shame to read this, always liked Oscar, hoped he'd stay here for years but sadly that isn't the case. Best of luck to him in Belgium, would love to see him back playing for Argyle one day!

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Maybe it goes back to the 7th Oct when he couldn't continue after returning from his injury.....and what Derek Adams said about him at the post-match interview.