The Play Off race (and bets placed) | Page 69 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Play Off race (and bets placed)

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Flash":1kaf49lp said:
Stiffler":1kaf49lp said:
Cash out is a bookies dream, they stitch you up even when you are winning. If there are people out there that want to take cash out of nearly half the odds they originally took whilst the selection is better placed than when you placed the bet, then You shouldn’t be gambling in the first place.

I suppose the simply way is just ask yourself why this is offered in the first place.

Anyone who listened to this sage advice is going to be pretty sick right now...
Indeed. I cashed out for £865 before Saturday's game. Not bad for my fiver. I've been gambling all my life so make my own decisions.

May 4, 2015
Green_Flash":3uqoniby said:
Stiffler":3uqoniby said:
Cash out is a bookies dream, they stitch you up even when you are winning. If there are people out there that want to take cash out of nearly half the odds they originally took whilst the selection is better placed than when you placed the bet, then You shouldn’t be gambling in the first place.

I suppose the simply way is just ask yourself why this is offered in the first place.

Easy to say now, without the injury to Taylor we would surely have made the top 6 and people who had cashed out would be kicking themselves.

Once the Taylor injury became apparent (90 mins before the Pompey game) that was probably the time to cash out IF it had been known he would be out for the season.

Jan 6, 2004
I think almost everyone cashed out after the Taylor injury - funnily enough I cashed exactly at the time you point to (would have got £1k more if cashed out before the Northampton game, which my head said but my heart ignored).

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
There is still a remote chance we can do it, there was no way I was going to cash in, my bet was a tenner at 250/1 for top 6 finish.

Good luck to those who cashed out we all had a choice.

A

andyr1963

PL2 3DQ":1c089b8l said:
The Charlton media and fans on their forums think it's all over but it's not impossible for Argyle to win 3-0 and Charlton to lose 3-0 against a Rochdale team desperate for the win.

If anyone fancies the chances of this scenario

Ladbrokes have 26 and 19 / 1 respectively giving a 494 / 1 double

Still a long shot too far I reckon. :greensmile:

May 4, 2015
Green_Flash":36iqjt6f said:
I think almost everyone cashed out after the Taylor injury - funnily enough I cashed exactly at the time you point to (would have got £1k more if cashed out before the Northampton game, which my head said but my heart ignored).

But Northampton was after the Pompey game??

Jan 6, 2004
Jose446":9w8247kc said:
Green_Flash":9w8247kc said:

But Northampton was after the Pompey game??

You are quite right - got confused - I cashed out before the Rochdale game

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
I didn't cash out but what a ride its been though. And at least the top half bets landed!

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Go to - Football - Specials - EFL Specials - League One Special 2017/18 - Then you'll see:

If Charlton and Plymouth finish on exactly the same points, exactly the same goals scored and exactly the same goals conceded a play-off match will be required to determine who finishes 6th.

Charlton & Plymouth to require a play-off match to determine who finishes in 6th place
500/1

Jul 3, 2013
Jose446":va1auani said:
Green_Flash":va1auani said:
Stiffler":va1auani said:

Easy to say now, without the injury to Taylor we would surely have made the top 6 and people who had cashed out would be kicking themselves.

Once the Taylor injury became apparent (90 mins before the Pompey game) that was probably the time to cash out IF it had been known he would be out for the season.

If it was take 2 from the same position as we wrre when I posted that then I would not have cashed out on us reaching the play offs. Luckily I have £1530 back from top 12 finish which I could have cashed out at numerous times.
I totally understand those that did cash out as they mogh.bet once in a while but I can guarantee you now that anybody wjo regularly bets and regularly cashes out woukd havw lost a lot of money over time gambling.

Jul 3, 2013
Stiffler":1137a5dc said:
Jose446":1137a5dc said:
Green_Flash":1137a5dc said:
Stiffler":1137a5dc said:

If it was take 2 from the same position as we were when I posted that then I would not have cashed out on us reaching the play offs. Luckily I have £1530 back from top 12 finish which I could have cashed out at numerous times.
I totally understand those that did cash out as they might bet once in a while but I can guarantee you now that anybody wjo regularly bets and regularly cashes out would have lost a lot of money over time gambling.