The Play Off race (and bets placed) | Page 70 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Play Off race (and bets placed)

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Green_Flash":107lscyt said:
I think almost everyone cashed out after the Taylor injury - funnily enough I cashed exactly at the time you point to (would have got £1k more if cashed out before the Northampton game, which my head said but my heart ignored).
same here

Jan 6, 2004
I see Charlton are 1/250 to achieve top 6 and argyle are 50/1. I know bookies have to make a margin, but given this a two horse race (albeit a thoroughbred v a nag) the discrepancy in those odds is outrageous!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
jay_smithy":28sohtyd said:
Just noticed odds have dropped for argyle to get top 6. Now down to 25/1. Could we?.....

They’ve probably had a few bets put on. The odds are based on how much money has been placed, not the expected outcome. If enough people put money on Elvis winning the grand national riding Shergar, the odds will drop.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":31era709 said:
jay_smithy":31era709 said:
Just noticed odds have dropped for argyle to get top 6. Now down to 25/1. Could we?.....

They’ve probably had a few bets put on. The odds are based on how much money has been placed, not the expected outcome. If enough people put money on Elvis winning the grand national riding Shergar, the odds will drop.

25/1 is crazy. That mean a lot of mugs have put money on it? I wouldn't be on it at 500/1.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Rather pointless post the BG

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Ah well had a god run for a tenner.

Oct 31, 2015
Ok who had the most when cashed out?

I had 440 on top half finish but intrigued to see what the big boys did :)

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
I had £3,300 and a bit for top 6. Could have had £5,700 when we were 5th and looking at 4th.

Got £340 full payout top half.

It was some fall from grace though. Averaging over 2 points a game and then just 0.83 for the last 6 games.

A

andyr1963

So a fascinating season finishes with a really disappointing finish.
Cashed out my Top 6 bet for £350 a few weeks ago.
Won £2500 on my top half bet. :scarf:

Now feeling flush :greensmile: winnings to be invested in season tickets for me and two grandchildren, £750 to be bet on World Cup :scarf: "Cmon you Greens" (That'll be Nigeria) Canon flash gun :shock: HOW MUCH, a BIG night out

Luvverly

Sep 6, 2006
themightykeithfear":2a19e1pv said:
Balham_Green":2a19e1pv said:
Lancastergreen":2a19e1pv said:
Rather pointless post the BG

And what's the point of your post?

hey B(ig) G(ob) just to clarify why Charlton were faves yesterday, the markets rightly deduced that before very long in the game it was likely to become apparent that argyle weren't scoring a shed load of goal and charlton didn't need to win or even draw so that Rochdale desperate for 3 points were likely to win, and they did - so in future before opening big gob, engage tiny brain, right ? good boy

Not sure why you need to be abusive. Says a lot about you as a person.
Yeah you/they got one right and so humble with it. However I am not as sad as you that I spend all my time studying the markets and putting on bets. Very sad life. And you still haven't explained how if the 'markets' are so smart you have won 6k this year. I"ll give you a few days to think of an answer to that one as you haven't replied to my original question on different thread. Guess you are just not quick witted. Never mind. At least you got Rochdale winning right. Wow what a guy.