The Play Off race (and bets placed) | Page 68 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Play Off race (and bets placed)

Other way around for me. My partial layoff bet (no cashout option with Unibet) of £750 at evens outside top 6 = £1500 is cashing out at £1108.33. Obviously, not tempted, so it’s still £750 profit if we fail, £2250 if we succeed.

Jan 7, 2013
Whelan11":10onguux said:
Green_Flash":10onguux said:
I notice Argyle are 7/2 to win today. If we fail to win our PO hopes are effectively over so anyone who is not thinking of cashing out may be better off cashing out and putting the lot on an Argyle win, as you will win more than the cash out is likely to go up to should we win and you won't have to worry about Saturdays game. If we lose or draw tonight, cash out is goiing to go down to bugger all anyway.

Nice idea. I will win £60 more if we win tonight than if I leave it and we make the play offs. Only risk is that a draw tonight wouldn't necessarily end our play off hopes.
Which is a big risk.. a draw tonight and we can very much still do it on Saturday as I reckon one of them will lose. Imagine cashing out putting it all on a win tonight only for us to draw then still make it on Saturday?!

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I'm still in I can remember Founavon winning the Grand National in 1967.

Foinavon won at 100/1; we’re only 50/1.

One thought- academic I’m sure, but bear with me ?
The play off for play off place scenario could theoretically still occur, if we win 2-0 and Charlton lose 4-0 on Saturday. In that event, it’s arguable the bookies should pay out on both Argyle and Charlton using dead heat rules, so you’d get half your winnings.
They may argue that the play off is for 6th place rather than for the play offs. You would then argue that they (hopefully) had separate odds for “top six” and “to make play offs”.

Anyway, it’s academic. We’ll win 3-0, they’ll lose 3-0 ;-)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Charlton media and fans on their forums think it's all over but it's not impossible for Argyle to win 3-0 and Charlton to lose 3-0 against a Rochdale team desperate for the win.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I suspect we'll see a vastly changed side on Saturday. Too may carrying injuries.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
What's the latest CASHOUT numbers ?

Don't forget my charitable gesture of goodwill to all green tints and to give your £1 bets to the Green Taverners as I'm feeling generous despite the obvious disappointment ?
If you all honour your bets and pay up I reckon we could buy another striker in the summer

Jan 6, 2004
I made £3k on Argyle this season despite them only coming 7th so am pretty pleased. Looking forward to the bookies underestimating us again next season.

Jan 6, 2004
Stiffler":21vdsxic said:
Cash out is a bookies dream, they stitch you up even when you are winning. If there are people out there that want to take cash out of nearly half the odds they originally took whilst the selection is better placed than when you placed the bet, then You shouldn’t be gambling in the first place.

I suppose the simply way is just ask yourself why this is offered in the first place.

Anyone who listened to this sage advice is going to be pretty sick right now...