THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat. | Page 40 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think the people that have talked about the finer detail are bang on. We need to have something with shouts 'This is Plymouth'.

Architectural stuff is so important and can turn a normal stadium (no matter what size it is) into something which highlights our uniqueness.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pafcintheplace":3ut5v9q5 said:
IJN":3ut5v9q5 said:
Pafcintheplace":3ut5v9q5 said:
I wonder what treats and rewards await the psycophants, to be shamelessly gobbled up. Or will they be gradually discarded now they have served their purpose..
So those of us who have supported this from the get go are psycophants eh?

Yet you forward thinking visionaries talking about the Premier League, capacity, WG's, then when then that went South, you then flicked onto the wonderful Leitch Stand, and then dig up Cottage Field, and then applauded the FoCP etc etc etc are what exactly?

Grow up man, you sound like a scolded schoolgirl.
No schoolgirl here. I'm not the one getting upset! lol chill out you got what you wanted, and I think the designs look nice.

No I haven't, not at all.

I wanted a 22,500 capacity with a full two tier Grandstand, with joined in corners.

What I want, and what I knew we could achieve, are two MUCH different things.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ho Ho Green Benny":1xbz6mga said:
IJN":1xbz6mga said:
Oh I agree Patrick. It would be far more beneficial to PAFC to keep the potholes.

Much prefer the car park to be sorted out and and re laid and the grandstand built then the money for the cinema hotel ect invested back into the team and playing side....that what is owners do isn't that decalre this is all about plymouth Argyle!!!

I think that a lot of people are confused about the spending power in League Two. All clubs in our league have to abide by the Salary Cost Management Protocol which limits clubs to spending 55% of their turnover on player wages.

Fans get confused that because we have a rich owner or now have a cinema or hotel near Home Park we can then go out and buy players for big transfers. These players would command big wages and push us over the 55% threshold with ease.
The penalties for this are transfer embargo's and loss of points.

Clubs have to regularly send their budget and spending costs to the Football League at set periods throughout a season, the FL are also watching us very closely following our spell in admin.

The answer is to generate our own funds from facilities associated within the new grandstand and to increase attendances at Home Park. These factors will give us more turnover and more bang for our buck within the 55% cap.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Mark_Colling":3txc6qlj said:
argobenz":3txc6qlj said:
Reality check

When we were pushing for the play-offs in the Championship, how many times did we have 20k crowds, when have any of you been unable to get a ticket for a home game?

This will be a properly sized stadium for PAFC for the coming years, and if by some bloody miracle we actually find some success and found ourselves threatening the Championship and struggling to fit in all the supporters (Highly unlikely) we can then worry about expansion plans.
This is no place for rational thought; move on.

I know, seriously the "It's too small" brigade have no grasp on this, only a short while ago I was up to my elbows expecting to hear the terrifying "Liquidation" word.

Now with the team still bottom of the bloody 4th division, with a Chairman committed to building us a new grandstand we are worried about how we will fit in the 15 thousand new supporters who are likely to cherry-pick a couple of games a season IF we ever make the Premier League.

Simple solution if any of these future supporters are worried about getting in when the magical season arrives.

Buy a bloody season ticket now!

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
PL2 3DQ":3tsd9j9v said:
Ho Ho Green Benny":3tsd9j9v said:
IJN":3tsd9j9v said:
Oh I agree Patrick. It would be far more beneficial to PAFC to keep the potholes.

Much prefer the car park to be sorted out and and re laid and the grandstand built then the money for the cinema hotel ect invested back into the team and playing side....that what is owners do isn't that decalre this is all about plymouth Argyle!!!

I think that a lot of people are confused about the spending power in League Two. All clubs in our league have to abide by the Salary Cost Management Protocol which limits clubs to spending 55% of their turnover on player wages.

Fans get confused that because we have a rich owner or now have a cinema or hotel near Home Park we can then go out and buy players for big transfers. These players would command big wages and push us over the 55% threshold with ease.

Clubs have to regularly send their budget and spending costs to the Football League at set periods throughout a season, the FL are also watching us very closely following our spell in admin.

The answer is to generate our own funds from facilities associated within the new grandstand and to increase attendances at Home Park. These factors will give us more turnover and more bang for our buck within the 55% cap.

Well said.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Thank goodness this has been passed by the council.

We have been through hell on and off the pitch now for 5 years and we have those who would rather the club gone out of business and start again at some points. Recently we have had fans who wanted to keep the stand, the potholed car park and the portakabin village and wait until a sugar daddy arrives - unbelievable!

Now we have chance to move forward both off and hopefully on the pitch

N

NorfolkGreen

I'm not pro or anti the plans, I haven't got a good enough understanding on projections for expansion or income generation, to form an opinion either way, I like balance and all opinions to be considered in an adult manner. I think that those who are against have some valid points, but often articulate them in a way that appears too emotive and less constructed, compounded by the comments from the pros who ridicule them too readily for having a different viewpoint.

However, I think we need to accept that we need to be self financing, in order to do that we need to generate further club revenue and if we get a shiny stand out of that at the same time, then brilliant, if the person paying for it wants to earn some cash from additional builds then I don't have a problem with that (a few caveats excepted).

The problem will be that for us to self finance that may mean a place in Div 3 or 4 and we might have to accept that fact, Plymouthian apathy to the club will restrict us more than the capacity arguement. I would rather more of the units generated income for the club, but if that wasn't possible to make the entire project balance, then we have to accept it as is and play our part in encouraging more bums on seats.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Biggs":1gbyqwhq said:
Ho Ho Green Benny":1gbyqwhq said:
Up the line i think has actually made a very vaild point.

How JB can say that this is all about plymouth Argyle i don't know because that is certainly not true. This is all about JB and him making money and only a small percentage about Argyle with a token gesture of a small stand as an inconvienince so he can push through his main priority. He has no interest in us and i would bet now that as soon as the diggers are in and the development begins he will be trying to flog us to the next bidder, and lets face it we prob know he that will be.

You know the retail units, cinema and restaurants are basically paying for the £10m stand don't you? Who do you think James Brent is? Do you think Akkeron have vast cash reserves that they can pi55 about at will, like a Qatari investment fund?

And take a look at the pic i posted, it's hardly a token stand. It towers above the rest of the ground.

Edit: flip it, i'll just post it again. Yeah, away fans will 5hit themselves laughing..... :facepalm:

Wouldn't say it 'towers' above the rest of the ground (i'd go by the respective heights of the roofs rather than the support arch) but yes, it certainly looks more imposing than the horseshoe.

B

Baby Face Johnson

argobenz":lscrmmvj said:
Mark_Colling":lscrmmvj said:
argobenz":lscrmmvj said:
Reality check

When we were pushing for the play-offs in the Championship, how many times did we have 20k crowds, when have any of you been unable to get a ticket for a home game?

This will be a properly sized stadium for PAFC for the coming years, and if by some bloody miracle we actually find some success and found ourselves threatening the Championship and struggling to fit in all the supporters (Highly unlikely) we can then worry about expansion plans.
This is no place for rational thought; move on.

I know, seriously the "It's too small" brigade have no grasp on this, only a short while ago I was up to my elbows expecting to hear the terrifying "Liquidation" word.

Now with the team still bottom of the bloody 4th division, with a Chairman committed to building us a new grandstand we are worried about how we will fit in the 15 thousand new supporters who are likely to cherry-pick a couple of games a season IF we ever make the Premier League.

Simple solution if any of these future supporters are worried about getting in when the magical season arrives.

Buy a bloody season ticket now!

I'm not in the "It's too small for our current needs" brigade, nor the 'anti, no matter what' brigade. Kind of put myself in the 'It'll never realistically be expanded without moving brigade' The INRBEWMB if you will. :shh:

Mar 12, 2008
Leeds
I see this as good news for both the city of Plymouth and for James Brent/Akkeron.

I'll reserve my judgement on whether it's good news for Argyle until the spin-off investment arrives in around 2015/16. I'm not convinced by the 'new grandstand will attract better players' argument though (didn't help Darlington), but will happily be corrected in a few years.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
What I want to know now is when will the development start the sooner the better.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
What I want to know now is when will the development start the sooner the better.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009

Sorry guys iPad developed stutter.

Feb 15, 2005
PL2 3DQ":3gbz3b6t said:

How come Fleetwood Town attracted a far higher quality of player on crowds of 2 to 3k when we have more than double their crowds. I am sceptical about this and think it is one way of the club not spending much money on players and hiding behind this as an excuse. I know we owe money from our financial troubles but it smells fishy to me.