THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat. | Page 39 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":35xxiva0 said:
Oh I agree Patrick. It would be far more beneficial to PAFC to keep the potholes.

I haven't said that and no it wouldn't.
The cinema will be built, I don't like that as it is, but I accept it as the decision of the council, but then to be told that the WHOLE development is ALL ABOUT Argyle is frankly insulting and plain erroneous.
I always had Brent down as a hard-nosed businessman with a ruthless streak but not as a smooth-talking shyster.

Feb 19, 2013
IJN":3ew4ihb7 said:
Oh I agree Patrick. It would be far more beneficial to PAFC to keep the potholes.

Much prefer the car park to be sorted out and and re laid and the grandstand built then the money for the cinema hotel ect invested back into the team and playing side....that what is owners do isn't that decalre this is all about plymouth Argyle!!!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Ho Ho Green Benny":2vw3158m said:
Up the line i think has actually made a very vaild point.

How JB can say that this is all about plymouth Argyle i don't know because that is certainly not true. This is all about JB and him making money and only a small percentage about Argyle with a token gesture of a small stand as an inconvienince so he can push through his main priority. He has no interest in us and i would bet now that as soon as the diggers are in and the development begins he will be trying to flog us to the next bidder, and lets face it we prob know he that will be.

You know the retail units, cinema and restaurants are basically paying for the £10m stand don't you? Who do you think James Brent is? Do you think Akkeron have vast cash reserves that they can pi55 about at will, like a Qatari investment fund?

And take a look at the pic i posted, it's hardly a token stand. It towers above the rest of the ground.

Edit: flip it, i'll just post it again. Yeah, away fans will 5hit themselves laughing..... :facepalm:

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Biggs":3fo516e3 said:
Ho Ho Green Benny":3fo516e3 said:

How JB can say that this is all about plymouth Argyle i don't know because that is certainly not true. This is all about JB and him making money and only a small percentage about Argyle with a token gesture of a small stand as an inconvienince so he can push through his main priority. He has no interest in us and i would bet now that as soon as the diggers are in and the development begins he will be trying to flog us to the next bidder, and lets face it we prob know he that will be.

You know the retail units, cinema and restaurants are basically paying for the £10m stand don't you? Who do you think James Brent is? Do you think Akkeron have vast cash reserves that they can pi55 about at will, like a Qatari investment fund?

And take a look at the pic i posted, it's hardly a token stand. It towers above the rest of the ground.

Edit: flip it, i'll just post it again. Yeah, away fans will 5hit themselves laughing..... :facepalm:

I couldn't give a sh@t if fans laughed at our ground so long as we win on the pitch.

There are no points for a pretty stadium :facepalm:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pafcintheplace":35vydzbb said:
I wonder what treats and rewards await the psycophants, to be shamelessly gobbled up. Or will they be gradually discarded now they have served their purpose..

So those of us who have supported this from the get go are psycophants eh?

Yet you forward thinking visionaries talking about the Premier League, capacity, WG's, then when then that went South, you then flicked onto the wonderful Leitch Stand, and then dig up Cottage Field, and then applauded the FoCP etc etc etc are what exactly?

Grow up man, you sound like a scolded schoolgirl.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ho Ho Green Benny":2r0sn0rg said:
IJN":2r0sn0rg said:

Much prefer the car park to be sorted out and and re laid and the grandstand built then the money for the cinema hotel ect invested back into the team and playing side....that what is owners do isn't that decalre this is all about plymouth Argyle!!!

:facepalm: I can say no more than that.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Reality check

When we were pushing for the play-offs in the Championship, how many times did we have 20k crowds, when have any of you been unable to get a ticket for a home game?

This will be a properly sized stadium for PAFC for the coming years, and if by some bloody miracle we actually find some success and found ourselves threatening the Championship and struggling to fit in all the supporters (Highly unlikely) we can then worry about expansion plans.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
argobenz":2w0z0v80 said:
Reality check

When we were pushing for the play-offs in the Championship, how many times did we have 20k crowds, when have any of you been unable to get a ticket for a home game?

This will be a properly sized stadium for PAFC for the coming years, and if by some bloody miracle we actually find some success and found ourselves threatening the Championship and struggling to fit in all the supporters (Highly unlikely) we can then worry about expansion plans.
This is no place for rational thought; move on.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Biggs":2oy86568 said:
Ho Ho Green Benny":2oy86568 said:

It looks very impressive, always has done, although maybe the shelf looks a bit daft. I'm hoping that when its completed it will look even more impressive, and I can move to a shrugging "its better than nothing" and just be very impresed. Now its happening we might as well all embrace it.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
IJN":2tretvib said:
Pafcintheplace":2tretvib said:
I wonder what treats and rewards await the psycophants, to be shamelessly gobbled up. Or will they be gradually discarded now they have served their purpose..
So those of us who have supported this from the get go are psycophants eh?

Yet you forward thinking visionaries talking about the Premier League, capacity, WG's, then when then that went South, you then flicked onto the wonderful Leitch Stand, and then dig up Cottage Field, and then applauded the FoCP etc etc etc are what exactly?

Grow up man, you sound like a scolded schoolgirl.
No schoolgirl here. I'm not the one getting upset! lol chill out you got what you wanted, and I think the designs look nice.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
argobenz":1snpeios said:
Reality check

We have NEVER pushed for the play-offs in the Championship/Div 1 since I started supporting Argyle in 1988.

I hope you are not referinng to 07/08, as at no stage did we mount ant sort of charge to the play-offs, merely fluked a 4th place postion at a one off stage early in the season. Saying we challenged for the play offs that year is like saying West Brom seriously challenged for the Champions League places last season.

Dec 7, 2006
argobenz":3dt4wmq2 said:
Reality check

Zackly! Frankly, I wouldn't waste any more time or breath on the die-hard antis who will never, ever be swayed no matter how much common sense and reality you present them. Let 'em get on and wallow in their misery and indignation if that's what floats their boat. :roll: