THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat. | Page 41 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
NorfolkGreen":yp50s5m3 said:
The problem will be that for us to self finance that may mean a place in Div 3 or 4 and we might have to accept that fact, Plymothian apathy to the club will restrict us more than the capacity arguement. I would rather more of the units generated income for the club, but if that wasn't possible to make the entire project balance, then we have to accept it as is and play our part in encouraging more bums on seats.
Whilst apathy might well be an issue, I don't agree with you Division 3/4 point.

According to last season's average attendance table, our paltry 7,096 gates were 54th (mid table Div 3) with the Div 2/3 cut off at around 11,000 so I would suggest that our "self-financing" ought to place us about where we always have been.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
IJN":3gho2g2j said:
Pafcintheplace":3gho2g2j said:
I wonder what treats and rewards await the psycophants, to be shamelessly gobbled up. Or will they be gradually discarded now they have served their purpose..

So those of us who have supported this from the get go are psycophants eh?

Yet you forward thinking visionaries talking about the Premier League, capacity, WG's, then when then that went South, you then flicked onto the wonderful Leitch Stand, and then dig up Cottage Field, and then applauded the FoCP etc etc etc are what exactly?

Grow up man, you sound like a scolded schoolgirl.

I'm hoping to be brought to my seat every game on a sedan chair carried by Amanda Sutherland (staying in the Lyndhurst though; I'm not greedy).

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
IJN":2ucaoivn said:
Pafcintheplace":2ucaoivn said:
IJN":2ucaoivn said:
Pafcintheplace":2ucaoivn said:
I wonder what treats and rewards await the psycophants, to be shamelessly gobbled up. Or will they be gradually discarded now they have served their purpose..
So those of us who have supported this from the get go are psycophants eh?

Yet you forward thinking visionaries talking about the Premier League, capacity, WG's, then when then that went South, you then flicked onto the wonderful Leitch Stand, and then dig up Cottage Field, and then applauded the FoCP etc etc etc are what exactly?

Grow up man, you sound like a scolded schoolgirl.
No schoolgirl here. I'm not the one getting upset! lol chill out you got what you wanted, and I think the designs look nice.

No I haven't, not at all.

I wanted a 22,500 capacity with a full two tier Grandstand, with joined in corners.

What I want, and what I knew we could achieve, are two MUCH different things.
20k would have done for me tbh. Anyway the capacity is just one element of this whole project.

Oct 24, 2010
buck197":a9lxgin4 said:
PL2 3DQ":a9lxgin4 said:
I think that a lot of people are confused about the spending power in League Two. All clubs in our league have to abide by the Salary Cost Management Protocol which limits clubs to spending 55% of their turnover on player wages.

Fans get confused that because we have a rich owner or now have a cinema or hotel near Home Park we can then go out and buy players for big transfers. These players would command big wages and push us over the 55% threshold with ease.
The penalties for this are transfer embargo's and loss of points.

Clubs have to regularly send their budget and spending costs to the Football League at set periods throughout a season, the FL are also watching us very closely following our spell in admin.

The answer is to generate our own funds from facilities associated within the new grandstand and to increase attendances at Home Park. These factors will give us more turnover and more bang for our buck within the 55% cap.

How come Fleetwood Town attracted a far higher quality of player on crowds of 2 to 3k when we have more than double their crowds. I am sceptical about this and think it is one way of the club not spending much money on players and hiding behind this as an excuse. I know we owe money from our financial troubles but it smells fishy to me.
Because income is not solely gate receipts, for example if Mr Brent were to sponsor the ground for say £1m and re-name it The Akkeron Stadium then 55% of that £1m could be included in the playing budget.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
esmer":1tw0bffe said:
buck197":1tw0bffe said:
PL2 3DQ":1tw0bffe said:
I think that a lot of people are confused about the spending power in League Two. All clubs in our league have to abide by the Salary Cost Management Protocol which limits clubs to spending 55% of their turnover on player wages.

Fans get confused that because we have a rich owner or now have a cinema or hotel near Home Park we can then go out and buy players for big transfers. These players would command big wages and push us over the 55% threshold with ease.

Clubs have to regularly send their budget and spending costs to the Football League at set periods throughout a season, the FL are also watching us very closely following our spell in admin.

The answer is to generate our own funds from facilities associated within the new grandstand and to increase attendances at Home Park. These factors will give us more turnover and more bang for our buck within the 55% cap.

How come Fleetwood Town attracted a far higher quality of player on crowds of 2 to 3k when we have more than double their crowds. I am sceptical about this and think it is one way of the club not spending much money on players and hiding behind this as an excuse. I know we owe money from our financial troubles but it smells fishy to me.
Because income is not solely gate receipts, for example if Mr Brent were to sponsor the ground for say £1m and re-name it The Akkeron Stadium then 55% of that £1m could be included in the playing budget.

Exactly right Essy.

But we are still comparing apples with parsnips. income is one side of the equation, but the other is equally relevant, expenditure and we have a larger stadium than most and a staff to match.

Dec 3, 2005
dunlop":277ly5ns said:
What I want to know now is when will the development start the sooner the better.

I hope your talking about the TEAM - that is I need to see developing.

Aug 10, 2006
wonderful news about the new stand etc. now is there any chance of some new players to play football you know brent football it comes with the ground you try to win football matches on it.

N

newquaygreen

buck197":aieclbl8 said:
PL2 3DQ":aieclbl8 said:

Well it would in Fleetwood :greensmile:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
newquaygreen":pfueszed said:
buck197":pfueszed said:
PL2 3DQ":pfueszed said:

Well it would in Fleetwood :greensmile:

they hit the net a lot more than us too!

Dec 7, 2006
For heavens hake give it a rest. We can only bream of having Fleetwoods quality of players but cod only knows how how they did it. See what I did there? 3 fish references in a roe...sorry, make that 4! :whistle:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
John Dory used to carp on that he could plaice a trout on his mullet and do a triple pike with a bass between his legs, but boy did he flounder when up against Martin Ling. Nine in one sentence.