THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat. | Page 42 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
I presume that with all the scrap metal being got rid of,the proceeds will go to who?
And hopefully,unlike the demolition of the Mayflower swimming pool etc,there wont be any mounds of rubble around the park.!!

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
On one hand I have grave reservations on this development (future expansion, low capacity etc.), but on the other I do quite like the picture as shown by Biggs which shoes that despite the modest capacity, the new stand will dominate the existing structures.
Anger/Disappointment vs Relief that 4th side will completed/optimistic that the finished stand will be very aesthetically pleasing.
It's kinda hard to feel these two conflicting emotions at the same time. I just wish I could shake off the disappointment, but I can't, maybe in time though.

Apr 21, 2005
Plympton
Took the wife to the circus yesterday but they didn't need any more clowns! Seriously though whilst she enjoyed the show along with the family I had the time to enjoy a good walk around Central Park. Whilst the plans for HP may not be the realisation of our dream to host games against Barcelona etc every week they are realistic & will satisfy for the majority of our needs for the forseeable. To my mind the Life Centre totally dominates the area & will still do so once the ground is rebuilt when viewed from the car park areas. Home Park, as it is, looks like a half finished butterfly garden with a football ground attached. The the entire area around the ground is scruffy to say the least & the plans will only enhance the general area rather than damage any public open space. The plans as such may only bring us up to a League 1/Championship standard in terms of capacity but at least it'll look something like a modern stadia instead of the rather run down effort it is presently. Traffic & parking may well be issues with the Life Centre, Park, football & cinema users all competing for space on occasion but presumably the planners have taken this into consideration. Having survived the last few seasons of hell on & off the pitch & with plans for the future of HP in line for attention dreckly, I just hope this will lead to more investment in stable & successful team on the pitch.