THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat. | Page 38 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Love the plans, glad JB listened and went with the bigger capacity. New design looks great ......

.... oh wait.

home-park-aerial_1775909i.jpg

images

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Wow after catching my breath I must say that was an Oscar winning performance from Brent worthy of, well, worthy of IMAX Central Park.
I mean, I gots ta hand it to him that line;
"This is unashamedly about Plymouth Argyle", delivered with palpable sincerity almost brought a tear to my eye...Hollywood you have a new bona fide hero.
It was right up there with "Frankly my Darling, I don't give a damn", "I'll be back" and "I coulda been a contender".

Seriously, at the end of the day I fully expected approval to be given to this because when rich men want something they usually get it, but he really does credit the average Plymothian with a staggering level of gullibility if he expects them to buy it that HIS cinema and HIS hotel have been built with anything but HIS shareholders in mind.

I'm done and bored with the grandstand debate, I guess I'll come to terms in time with the fact that we are now confined to the level of also-rans for ever more in a poxy small stadium that even Southend and Bristol Rovers fans will poke fun at. I'm ready to re-calibrate my opinion of the club as medium-sized Championship outfit to perpetual League 1 drifters. What I'm not so happy to stomach is being fed a heap of steaming bullpoo that this development some kind of blessing being bestowed upon the club by the great Benefactor. Its not - Its a means to an ends.
It is what it is, which is a token gesture of a grandstand tacked on like some symbiotic, utterly dependent leech to the vast organism next door that serves one purpose, to continually crap out the loose change that chavs pump into it watching utterly derivative, ham actors, straight back into the Akkeron purse.

'Unashamedly for Plymouth Argyle'
Do you think we're all utterly stupid?!

N

NorfolkGreen

up_the_line":3vsqddsy said:
Wow after catching my breath I must say that was an Oscar winning performance from Brent worthy of, well, worthy of IMAX Central Park.
"This is unashamedly about Plymouth Argyle", delivered with palpable sincerity almost brought a tear to my eye...Hollywood you have a new bona fide hero.
It was right up there with "Frankly my Darling, I don't give a damn", "I'll be back" and "I coulda been a contender".

Seriously, at the end of the day I fully expected approval to be given to this because when rich men want something they usually get it, but he really does credit the average Plymothian with a staggering level of gullibility if he expects them to buy it that HIS cinema and HIS hotel have been built with anything but HIS shareholders in mind.

I'm done and bored with the grandstand debate, I guess I'll come to terms in time with the fact that we are now confined to the level of also-rans for ever more in a poxy small stadium that even Southend and Bristol Rovers fans will poke fun at. I'm ready to re-calibrate my opinion of the club as medium-sized Championship outfit to perpetual League 1 drifters. What I'm not so happy to stomach is being fed a heap of steaming bullpoo that this development some kind of blessing being bestowed upon the club by the great Benefactor. Its not - Its a means to an ends.
It is what it is, which is a token gesture of a grandstand tacked on like some symbiotic, utterly dependent leech to the vast organism next door that serves one purpose, to continually crap out the loose change that chavs pump into it watching utterly derivative, ham actors, straight back into the Akkeron purse.

Please, everyone count to 10 before you reply!

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
NorfolkGreen":7huzpp4w said:
up_the_line":7huzpp4w said:

Sorry only got to two. What a load of dogs do

N

NorfolkGreen

Mike Greening":1f2sujw8 said:
NorfolkGreen":1f2sujw8 said:
up_the_line":1f2sujw8 said:

Sorry only got to two. What a load of dogs do

I commend you on trying my good man :nworthy:

Feb 19, 2013
Up the line i think has actually made a very vaild point.

How JB can say that this is all about plymouth Argyle i don't know because that is certainly not true. This is all about JB and him making money and only a small percentage about Argyle with a token gesture of a small stand as an inconvienince so he can push through his main priority. He has no interest in us and i would bet now that as soon as the diggers are in and the development begins he will be trying to flog us to the next bidder, and lets face it we prob know he that will be.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Ho Ho Green Benny":3hhivx4c said:
Up the line i think has actually made a very vaild point.

How JB can say that this is all about plymouth Argyle i don't know because that is certainly not true. This is all about JB and him making money and only a small percentage about Argyle with a token gesture of a small stand as an inconvienince so he can push through his main priority. He has no interest in us and i would bet now that as soon as the diggers are in and the development begins he will be trying to flog us to the next bidder, and lets face it we prob know he that will be.

How DARE you see the reality of the situation and not buy every word that is fed to you. Wash your mouth out now and book 2 tickets to see Fast And Furious VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII in High Definition because remember that Cinema is UNASHAMEDLY about Plymouth Argyle.
The sheer nerve.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Oh I agree Patrick. It would be far more beneficial to PAFC to keep the potholes.