THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's good news then!

The FoCP have been using that tactic for the last eight weeks!

A

Anonymous

It's case law, it was specifically to stop a protest group ( or supporters) printing a letter in a standard format, in say a newsletter for people to cut out and sign. Or print off and sign!

That's why you no longer see, say the National Trust printing letters in their magazines for members to send in. Instead they ask you to write to your MP or who ever etc.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
I would have thought the chair (a magistrate not a chippendale I believe) would be aware of that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
GreenSam":22ufg475 said:
Swansea built stadiums to match their potential

Swansea didn't build their stadium. i.e. The football club didn't build the stadium. Swansea City Council built the stadium by allowing some nearby land to be developed for retail purposes and using the money gained to build the stadium. They also insisted that Swansea City FC shared with the local regional Rugby team.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Richard Blight":3j5sw6s5 said:
There was a court test case a couple of years ago regarding petitions and the use of duplicate letters. It was deemed by the judges that petitions and multiple duplicate letters would be counted as only one letter. They decided that because people hadn't used their own words and written their own letters, they probably hadn't put that much thought into it. ( Or words to that effect.)

IIRC councils have the right to ignore any submissions which do not provide an address. (which may or may not show the writer could have an interest in the application.)

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Argylegames":1w5eljzo said:
Richard Blight":1w5eljzo said:
There was a court test case a couple of years ago regarding petitions and the use of duplicate letters. It was deemed by the judges that petitions and multiple duplicate letters would be counted as only one letter. They decided that because people hadn't used their own words and written their own letters, they probably hadn't put that much thought into it. ( Or words to that effect.)

IIRC councils have the right to ignore any submissions which do not provide an address. (which may or may not show the writer could have an interest in the application.)

Does that mean that a standard letter with a unique address has to be taken as an individual letter? If so, we can cut and paste a letter, but all put our own address on it. :thumbs:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
GreenThing":6hyfoiqc said:
Argylegames":6hyfoiqc said:
Richard Blight":6hyfoiqc said:

Does that mean that a standard letter with a unique address has to be taken as an individual letter? If so, we can cut and paste a letter, but all put our own address on it. :thumbs:

No GreenThing - Richard's comment still holds true. I was adding that councils can ignore comments from people who don't supply an address, and from addresses which could not be affected by the application. i.e. the council could choose to ignore comments from, say, Tavistock as residents of Tavvy will not be affected by the planning application.

Argylegames":15y2vhna said:
GreenSam":15y2vhna said:
Swansea built stadiums to match their potential

Swansea didn't build their stadium. i.e. The football club didn't build the stadium. Swansea City Council built the stadium by allowing some nearby land to be developed for retail purposes and using the money gained to build the stadium. They also insisted that Swansea City FC shared with the local regional Rugby team.

Genuine question. Do you know how Swansea make income from the stadium (in terms of revenue streams, as opposed to actual amounts)? Obviously now they have the Premier League money, but I wonder what the plan was when they were still in the lower leagues.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
TFoCP will be going into over drive when they hear Central Park is being considered for electric car charging point

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
It always makes me laugh how they call themselves the The Friends of Central Park as everytime i am anywhere near it theres always loads of dog muck around. Surely there 1st priority is to pick up the poop haha.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I have just had an email from the planning department informing me the start time will be 4 pm lets pack out the meeting in green.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Mods I started a new post deliberately to make sure we did not turn up too late.

Mar 9, 2011
dunlop":89f519sa said:
I have just had an email from the planning department informing me the start time will be 4 pm lets pack out the meeting in green.

Ideal - thanks for that Mike! I've no need to rearrange working hours now.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Bermudian Green":devmf5dw said:
Genuine question. Do you know how Swansea make income from the stadium (in terms of revenue streams, as opposed to actual amounts)? Obviously now they have the Premier League money, but I wonder what the plan was when they were still in the lower leagues.

I don't know. Just read the history of the Stadium somewhere a while back.

EDIT: Here ya go http://www.swanseacity.net/club/liberty_stadium/

EDIT2: While I'm at it - Hull are the same. http://kcstadium.co.uk/kc-stadium/stadium-facts