THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat.

Jul 25, 2011
FordGreen":8wfd2dts said:
with-menace":8wfd2dts said:
Biggs":8wfd2dts said:
EJH, not quoting all those pics again but you've compared opposite sides of the Life Centre! The front actually does look similar to the CGIs:

5101451.jpg

All I know re the Grandstand is that the architectural drawings show the new stand to be substantially taller than the horseshoe. At a guess I'd say the increased legroom, splitting of tiers, corner buildings cutting out about 2k of potential capacity, and the truss and roof adding to the height, are factors.

Regarding the legroom, at Southend on Saturday it felt like I was in a 5-6k stadium. The stadium actually holds 10k, but the legroom had to be a huge factor in that. I was 'sitting' in a space that simply wasn't big enough for one grown adult. The point is, legroom is going to be bigger in the new stand and is definitely a factor in the stand looking bigger than other c5k structures. Now for those padded seats....
Ok at last someone who has seen the dimensions of the new stands tread and depth for the seats as you have clearly stated 'the leg room will be bigger in the new stand' could you please share the information because the last time this was stated it had to be filed under pasoti fact as not one person on here could back the claim our new micro stand would provide anything of the sort. Also 'padded seats' where did you hear this? Is this throughout the whole stand or just the piddly shelf where the super chums will rewarded for their deeds? Look forward to at last knowing the actual leg room and how much bigger it will be,last time it was mentioned to try to sell us the micro stand it just sounded like a pack of lies.
What the hell are you getting so worked up about, anyway? I seem to recall in another post that you were having a hissy fit and washing your hands of Argyle over the issue? If you're not going to be coming to HP anymore then what's it to you? :roll:
'Getting worked up'? Hissy fit? Just asking a simple question bud which by the way you haven't answered so why bother chipping in? Oh just to have a pop,that's ok if it makes you feel better x

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
with-menace":2rt0txmk said:
JonB":2rt0txmk said:
Hi WM

Yes, the seats do have significantly more space allocated to them than the rest of the ground - I can't see which thread it was on but I recall John Lloyd mentioning the details a while ago. The dimensions are on the plans.

I also remember that the AFT reps asked the club to consider reducing the space per seat & reconfigure the plans, as this would allow for tens / few hundred more seats (I don't remember the actual number). I know that the club considered this in the written response to the AFT.

Hope this help.
Thanks Jon,was just puzzled how people knew it was going to have more leg room without anyone actually being able to quote the dimensions. You say the dimensions are on 'the plans' where? Does anyone have the actual figures?

Yep (if I'm reading the right version (on ipad so not ideal!)):

Seat width: 460mm
Seating row sizes - row width: 840mm, row height: 570mm

Regards,

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Though I believe the capacity to be inadequate, I do not believe the extended legroom should be compromised for a piffling 200 extra seats. Being 6ft 5, the 840mm compared to the current 720mm(?) in the horseshoe is a massive increase and will improve comfort for the taller/larger people among the fanbase.
Those shelf seats will be in very high demand I'm sure.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
JonB":2eg7bqt8 said:
with-menace":2eg7bqt8 said:
JonB":2eg7bqt8 said:
Hi WM

Yes, the seats do have significantly more space allocated to them than the rest of the ground - I can't see which thread it was on but I recall John Lloyd mentioning the details a while ago. The dimensions are on the plans.

I also remember that the AFT reps asked the club to consider reducing the space per seat & reconfigure the plans, as this would allow for tens / few hundred more seats (I don't remember the actual number). I know that the club considered this in the written response to the AFT.

Hope this help.
Thanks Jon,was just puzzled how people knew it was going to have more leg room without anyone actually being able to quote the dimensions. You say the dimensions are on 'the plans' where? Does anyone have the actual figures?

Regards,

Think you should add another zero on the row width.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Some of the comments on http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/POL...ed-Home-Park/story-19649565-detail/story.html make frustrating reading.

I have concerns over the capacity, but many seem to think that Central Park is being razed to the ground for the development. As I understand it, it's a tiny bit of land behind the BP end that's lost....? It's vital that this Daily Mail-style ill-informed outrage is ignored/drowned out on Thursday, which I'm sure it will be.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's the story the FoCP are putting out.

It's been their style since the loony Northerners took over the FoCP.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Biggs":1dz46726 said:
Some of the comments on http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/POL...ed-Home-Park/story-19649565-detail/story.html make frustrating reading.

I have concerns over the capacity, but many seem to think that Central Park is being razed to the ground for the development. As I understand it, it's a tiny bit of land behind the BP end that's lost....? It's vital that this Daily Mail-style ill-informed outrage is ignored/drowned out on Thursday, which I'm sure it will be.

There's been lot's of ill-informed scaremongering by certain groups.

When this is over will we see the FoCP again or will they campaign for other areas of Central Park and lobby for improvements?

Jul 25, 2011
JonB":ks79lcdb said:
with-menace":ks79lcdb said:
JonB":ks79lcdb said:
Hi WM

Hope this help.

Regards,
Ta very much,I'll have to get out the tape measure and check the current horseshoe measurements to see what the extra will be,hopefully the seat design will also not have a lip that curls right back into the kneecaps like they all do :mad:
Still picking out bits of green plastic from my knee caps since QPR

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
with-menace":2rqzgvfq said:
JonB":2rqzgvfq said:
with-menace":2rqzgvfq said:
JonB":2rqzgvfq said:
Hi WM

Hope this help.

Regards,
Ta very much,I'll have to get out the tape measure and check the current horseshoe measurements to see what the extra will be,hopefully the seat design will also not have a lip that curls right back into the kneecaps like they all do :mad:
Still picking out bits of green plastic from my knee caps since QPR

Think the horseshoe is 720mm WM, see my earlier post.