THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Thanks Tony. Good news regarding the statement but disappointing that some members of the PASB don't support the development. As the PASB represents the fans can we be told which members are for or against the development?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Ffs. It'll get approved, probably with a few amenments re road access. The opinions of an utterly pointless fans body and a couple fans are totally insignificant to the decision.

I must say although i want the thing built i found the pasb statement rather toe curling.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
PL2 3DQ":3il5fxmr said:
Thanks Tony. Good news regarding the statement but disappointing that some members of the PASB don't support the development. As the PASB represents the fans can we be told which members are for or against the development?

And can those in Brent's back pocket like Webb and Jon B write a letter for critics of the stand, just to make sure they are representing those supporters too (and not just themselves).

48% of the last conducted poll is an extremely large minority to marginalise and ignore.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
ejh":3psruakm said:
PL2 3DQ":3psruakm said:

And can those in Brent's back pocket like Webb and Jon B write a letter for critics of the stand, just to make sure they are representing those supporters too (and not just themselves).

48% of the last conducted poll is an extremely large minority to marginalise and ignore.

Hi EJH,

Re your comments, I made it very clear that I wrote from my personal viewpoint; it is not me acting in my role as Vice Chair of the PASB.

I do believe that everyone who wants to have a say in this decision-making process should make their voice heard whatever their view, as long of course as its done in an appropriate & respectful way.

That said, I will not offer personal help to people that want to stop the redevelopment of our grandstand - as I've written above I think that a positive outcome is profoundly important to our club. I understand that template letters of objection are available from other groups & organisations should you require one.

Currently though, my sense is that the correspondence received by PCC has been disproportionately weighted by the organised campaigns of opposition groups; hence my original post.

Regards,

L

Lee Roberts

GreenSam":132s4tow said:
As one of the most outspoken critics of this development in its current format, I think Jon is right that it's better for the club than to not have it. I do think it hugely limits our potential in the long-term but without a development of some kind who knows if there will be a long-term. I won't be happy about it, it will leave a sour taste in the mouth that it isn't what the club and the fanbase (IMHO of course) deserve. The situation I want is a bigger and better development but I think the time has come to swallow the bitter pill and hope for the least bad of two bad outcomes (again imo).

I don't think it's big enough, I think we should show the vision that Hull, Brighton etc did but having a club comes first. That's just bitter realism that I think our status as a club could be in serious danger without this stand's income. A real shame it's come to this choice but I'd give the plans my very grudging support.

This for me sums up my stance on the development.
'Grudging support', hits the nail on the head.

Jul 25, 2011
Lee Roberts":glahbho1 said:
GreenSam":glahbho1 said:
As one of the most outspoken critics of this development in its current format, I think Jon is right that it's better for the club than to not have it. I do think it hugely limits our potential in the long-term but without a development of some kind who knows if there will be a long-term. I won't be happy about it, it will leave a sour taste in the mouth that it isn't what the club and the fanbase (IMHO of course) deserve. The situation I want is a bigger and better development but I think the time has come to swallow the bitter pill and hope for the least bad of two bad outcomes (again imo).

I don't think it's big enough, I think we should show the vision that Hull, Brighton etc did but having a club comes first. That's just bitter realism that I think our status as a club could be in serious danger without this stand's income. A real shame it's come to this choice but I'd give the plans my very grudging support.

This for me sums up my stance on the development.
'Grudging support', hits the nail on the head.
Won't even get that from me,I don't think it'll be good for the club ,I've yet to see any evidence of how this will increase our revenue. I think it will only stifle the club for many years to come and that Plymouth argyle is just a temporary inconvenience that will be offloaded the second he gets what he wants. It's the worst thing to happen to our club since the M 7
That's my opinion please don't fly in with usual pasoti(facts) and insults, I accept you views even if I think they're waaaaay wrong.

Sep 28, 2011
Womble":17qvu36b said:
Ffs. It'll get approved, probably with a few amenments re road access. The opinions of an utterly pointless fans body and a couple fans are totally insignificant to the decision.

I must say although i want the thing built i found the pasb statement rather toe curling.
Are ypu sure?
Im pro development but I must adnit jonb's op does paint a sobering picture.
Although im nowhere near connected as some on here I must admit that his words have already echoed my own thoughts for some time.
I did state ages ago in another thread that it could be worrying for argyle if this development does not get the green light and I was accused of scare mongering (I use that term lightly)
I mean there would be no gain for jb whatsoever.
I really do think this next week or so is crucial for the future of pafc.
It's a very real threat to our survival imho.

Jan 27, 2012
JonB":3o476x3l said:
What is clear to me is that without being alarmist, the Club’s future progress and stability is strongly aligned to the grandstand being successfully redeveloped.

I think you are correct about that.

But it doesn't have to be the particular grandstand development that Brent is proposing in the current application. It could be something better than that.

If it gets rejected by the Council ( and also gets rejected at appeal) then Brent may be forced to put in a revised application that gives a better deal to the city and to the club.

That's how the planning system works.

F

Furnau

JonB the correspondance received by PCC has been " dispropotionatley weighted " by the organised campaigns of opposition groups . we have all been given the opportunity to voice our opinions either pro/anti the HHP development because , the opposition groups may have delivered a more effective campaign , dont you think its a bit late in the day for sour grapes ?

A

argylealan84

i personally would love to see the redevelopment of hp, but at the same time, id rather leave it until we have got a firm footing in the football league and are safer finacially, or home park will be a waste of time when there is no team playing there. use the money to invest in the club 1st i say

Sep 28, 2011
argylealan84":1ncbexwi said:
i personally would love to see the redevelopment of hp, but at the same time, id rather leave it until we have got a firm footing in the football league and are safer finacially, or home park will be a waste of time when there is no team playing there. use the money to invest in the club 1st i say
Argylealan, this club will never be financially safer until this development is complete.
That's the whole point of it.

Dec 20, 2011
As the tradition of Councillors, we can be sure that the permission will be delayed by bureaucratic provisos and conditions which will no doubt take more time to sort out. A start on the grandstand in September may be wishful thinking, in my opinion. However, I believe that permission will eventually be granted because it will be good for Plymouth and it would take a brave council to turn it down altogether at this stage.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
argylealan84":3839xdsg said:
But it's Brent's money, not Argyle's. He has an interest in putting it into the stand as it's part of a wider project. He'd have no tangible interest out of putting the lot into the team/club coffers. It would just never happen.

We need a development TO make us financially safer. Not the other way around. I just wish it wasn't THIS development.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I still think those against the development in its current form (as I was) are still thinking of this stupidly released first image. I know I couldn't believe my eyes:

images

If this had been the first image released, I don't think we'd have half the disappointment amongst the fanbase. I'm certainly right behind it now, capacity aside. Forget figures and architects impressions, just imagine how good this will look compared to the Mayflower when it's actually there. And with the bigger roof and supporting truss, it's actually a bigger structure:

images

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Biggs":3uh92yrd said:
I still think those against the development in its current form (as I was) are still thinking of this stupidly released first image. I know I couldn't believe my eyes:

images

If this had been the first image released, I don't think we'd have half the disappointment amongst the fanbase. I'm certainly right behind it now, capacity aside. Forget figures and architects impressions, just imagine how good this will look compared to the Mayflower when it's actually there. And with the bigger roof and supporting truss, it's actually a bigger structure:

images
To be fair though, you say 'capacity aside' like it's a minor issue.

I'm broadly in favour of it 'capacity aside' and as you say it looks great. But being in favour of it capacity aside is kind of like being pro the previous Labour government 'the Iraq War aside'. Or like being happy with the Blackman signing 'attitude aside'. It may just be one thing but it's a pretty vital one and not easy to put aside.