The Herald getting worse! | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Herald getting worse!

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
PL2 3DQ":39gww30d said:
There's an "article" today about the wages of the Argyle players based on Football Manager. :facepalm:

Why is the Herald obsessed with the Football Manager game?

Yeah but the headline didn't mention football manager. It just indicated it was going to tell you how much Argyle players earn, something that we would all be interested in.

Classic click bait.

May 8, 2011
I just wish the Herald reporters got out from behind their computer screens and did some actual reporting.
Two examples would be, today the team will be leaving for Bradford, why not send a reporter up to Home Park to see what players are getting on the bus and probably more interesting, which ones aren’t.
On a weekday afternoon go to the Life Centre and see which players are in the gym with the physio, maybe a clue on the injury front. Enough people post that information on FB that it isn’t a top secret!

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
:facepalm: It's so cringe-worthy. How can a "professional" "journalist" based an entire article on information gleaned from a computer game?

It's just embarrassing for everyone concerned. And I thought the Argyle twitter account was bad enough.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Stuart House":w9fp62f2 said:
PL2 3DQ":w9fp62f2 said:
There's an "article" today about the wages of the Argyle players based on Football Manager. :facepalm:

Why is the Herald obsessed with the Football Manager game?

Yeah but the headline didn't mention football manager. It just indicated it was going to tell you how much Argyle players earn, something that we would all be interested in.

Classic click bait.

Why should we be in any more interested in an Argyle's player's wage, than the lead cardiac surgeon at Derriford, or the captain of the tug who pulls warships out of their Dockyard Basin. At the end of the day it is confidential information and should stay that way. The world never knew mine before I retired and that is how it should be for all.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Presto":8tn3rv2k said:
The Herald cannot get worst it is already has the worst journalistic garbage available in the South West.

Stopping buying it and do not waste time trying to read it on line as all you get is page reloading and intrusive ads.

Although the grammar and spelling on PASOTI may not be perfect it is a more accurate and true reflection of Argyle events.

For me the sooner the Herald closes down the better.
You wouldn’t know this if you didn’t read it.
Just leave it to those who appreciate it despite the,admittedly, fairly regular mistakes.

May 14, 2016
Not football related but there's a cracking story on the Herald website today...

"Hungry seagulls gorge on KFC and leftover chips in Plymouth car park"

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Herald is reporting we made an offer of £135,000 for Dean Cox at Crawley ....... because they ran a simulation on the Football Manager computer game. :facepalm:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I buy it every day without fail, I still call it the evening herald why I'm addicted it I don't now it is a complete load of rubbish, one of their best days was Friday when they would publish a couple of decent ages on local sport now that is almost non existent .

The reporting on Argyle is a joke.

I'm still buying the bloody thing.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
dunlop":2lx0xwvn said:
I buy it every day without fail, I still call it the evening herald why I'm addicted it I don't now it is a complete load of rubbish, one of their best days was Friday when they would publish a couple of decent ages on local sport now that is almost non existent .

Stop. You are just throwing money away.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
The Doctor":1ssx2tub said:
dunlop":1ssx2tub said:

Stop. You are just throwing money away.

I'm told that when I buy my season ticket each year and that ain't going to stop either.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Barry you can have both the Herald and my season ticket when I have finished with them.