The Herald getting worse! | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Herald getting worse!

Aug 5, 2016
If you read that transcript, Derek Adams doesn't even sound annoyed. He's had far terser exchanges with the media.

The way the Herald have presented it is mischievous. No wonder Adams doesn't have much respect for them with headlines like that.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
vibratingspider":1h2osos0 said:
Bloody hell. I give up.

To save you the click:
FIFA 18 predicts result between Plymouth Argyle and Rochdale, but which side comes out on top?

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... een-691988

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The industry must have scraped through the bottom of the barrel by now. I wish they would at least try to have some standards but this is the way things are going in mass-media unfortunately.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
vibratingspider":1znnsjef said:
I'm officially done with the Herald.

To save you the click:
"Derek Adams will leave his job as manager of Plymouth Argyle at Christmas time, if the cult football management game Football Manager is anything to go by."

:facepalm:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... yle-716146
So why put the link?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
That headline and story is pathetic. Just when you think the Herald couldn't stoop so low.

May 16, 2016
People born in the old Freedom Fields Hospital could possibly meet a Tall Dark Handsome Stranger, according to one time Celebrity Mystic Meg.

Man finds pen in Argos, luckily CCTV Cameras captured the moment it was dropped.

Man relives lost pen ordeal exclusively to the Herald.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
There's no defending that, that is truly horrendous.

It doesn't even reference Football Manager in the headline or sub-headline, it reads simply 'Derek Adams to leave Plymouth Argyle at Christmas time'.

I think that warrants some sort of complaint, possibly from Argyle themselves!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Has some kind of stand off opened up between Adams and the Herald?
It may have started last week when Adams was annoyed with the questions from one of the junior journos and now today's 'story' that undermines Adams.

Chris Errington is caught in the middle and we need him for the proper Argyle articles.

Media day at Home Park today will be interesting.

Aug 2, 2011
On a number of occasions in the past I have expressed my view that the Herald is just a tacky rag constructed by tacky journalists. If it were to cease trading it would be no loss to the city or in particular Argyle. My previous views have been berated on here perhaps this further example of inept and deliberately misleading journalism will enable some to understand my previous posts.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Many many older folk love the Herald dropping through the door, it's part of their lives.

Just because some pre pubescent troll writes crap about Argyle doesn't mean it should close down.

Plus, think about the job losses.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Keepitgreen":1l3xlanl said:
vibratingspider":1l3xlanl said:
I'm officially done with the Herald.

To save you the click:
"Derek Adams will leave his job as manager of Plymouth Argyle at Christmas time, if the cult football management game Football Manager is anything to go by."

:facepalm:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... yle-716146
So why put the link?
Because I think it needs to be seen to be believed. And also, I think providing sources if you use a direct quote is a thing on here.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I guess they're happy as long as they're getting hits which is an unfortunate side-product of me raising the article on here. Perhaps we should write to the Herald or something, to let them know that all hits aren't necessarily good hits.