The Herald getting worse! | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Herald getting worse!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Slow news day/week/month.

Pretty embarrassing

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Presto":2ijskgpp said:
On a number of occasions in the past I have expressed my view that the Herald is just a tacky rag constructed by tacky journalists. If it were to cease trading it would be no loss to the city or in particular Argyle. My previous views have been berated on here perhaps this further example of inept and deliberately misleading journalism will enable some to understand my previous posts.
As Ian says the Herald would be a big loss to many in the city. I buy the hard copy more often than not. As has been said, clickbait goes with the online version.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
I finally binned the Herald about 6 months ago for the WMN.

Same lefty company who own it, but at least it doesn't stoop to this kind of crap.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
vibratingspider":3ejfc63b said:
I'm officially done with the Herald.

To save you the click:
"Derek Adams will leave his job as manager of Plymouth Argyle at Christmas time, if the cult football management game Football Manager is anything to go by."

:facepalm:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... yle-716146
They may think it’s a joke but I consider it unnecessary and disloyal to the club. I would be surprised if PAFC did not officially complain to the editor.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Presto":1x5f3kdu said:
On a number of occasions in the past I have expressed my view that the Herald is just a tacky rag constructed by tacky journalists. If it were to cease trading it would be no loss to the city or in particular Argyle. My previous views have been berated on here perhaps this further example of inept and deliberately misleading journalism will enable some to understand my previous posts.

There's no logic there.

I may find it completely unacceptable that my girlfriend gets a new mug from the cupboard when there are three in the sink, it doesn't mean I'm going to leave her.

As stunningly bad and irritating as 10-15% of the Herald's output may be (and this latest example is BAD), using that to justify the closure of a newspaper that is the main and often only source of local news for an entire major city is pretty low. Not to mention the job losses that would come with it.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The Herald was always very informative for me as an expat, but since they went to their new online format, every article seems to appear at least 3 times and the sport section seems to only cover Argyle and nothing else(which i'm not complaining about) but I would like to read about the Raiders/Albion and other local sports.
In the section called Other sport, there are 5 articles, the 1st is about Heather Knight and the woman's ashes dated Oct 22nd, the next is about City speedway dated Oct 6th, then a story about 3 teenage breakdancers dated sept 16th and 2 stories about 2 players with the Raiders dated Sept 7th and 11th.
What happened to all the non Argyle articles in the sport section.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Whilst we are on the subject of press relations and communications, it was sad to see the WMNs this morning covering the FA Cup game today, with absolutely no quote from manager, DA. It was all about and from David Fox.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Quintrell_Green":n4vvmou4 said:
Whilst we are on the subject of press relations and communications, it was sad to see the WMNs this morning covering the FA Cup game today, with absolutely no quote from manager, DA. It was all about and from David Fox.

Not only that but last week's 7Day TV Guide instead of next weeks..Sloppy.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
oddball":1k9hp0c6 said:
Quintrell_Green":1k9hp0c6 said:

I thought that they were doing a second Halloween show. I never looked at anything else!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
oddball":38iyxzie said:
Quintrell_Green":38iyxzie said:

It is a new and revolutionary way of helping you find stuff on Catch Up.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's an "article" today about the wages of the Argyle players based on Football Manager. :facepalm:

Why is the Herald obsessed with the Football Manager game?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Do they get financial incentives for promoting the game?

It’s utterly lazy journalism and pretty embarrassing to read.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
ANOTHER ONE TODAY!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

We look at the best players and best young players at Argyle in this year's Football Manager