The Herald getting worse! | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Herald getting worse!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Rupert still posts occasionally and his last one was in July.

I don't think he reports on sport any more though.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Quintrell_Green":2dxb9nmw said:
Knibbsworth":2dxb9nmw said:
Errington seems to be having a boom in popularity. It must be the kids at the Herald making him look good. He used to be nicknamed Error Chrissington at one point!

I think we were spoilt by the quality of his predecessor, who was an active contributor on Pasoti. We have not seen a posting by Rupert for a long time, unless he has switched to a new nom de plume.

I may be wrong but I thought Chris Errington took over from the brilliant Graham Hambly at the Herald while Rupert took over from Rick Cowdery at the Western Morning News.

Not many lower league football clubs will have three newspapers covering the club news, one dedicated in the Herald and two others in the Sunday Indy and the WMN.

Jan 3, 2013
PL2 3DQ":2si163bd said:
Quintrell_Green":2si163bd said:
Knibbsworth":2si163bd said:
Errington seems to be having a boom in popularity. It must be the kids at the Herald making him look good. He used to be nicknamed Error Chrissington at one point!

I think we were spoilt by the quality of his predecessor, who was an active contributor on Pasoti. We have not seen a posting by Rupert for a long time, unless he has switched to a new nom de plume.

I may be wrong but I thought Chris Errington took over from the brilliant Graham Hambly at the Herald while Rupert took over from Rick Cowdery at the Western Morning News.

Not many lower league football clubs will have three newspapers covering the club news, one dedicated in the Herald and two others in the Sunday Indy and the WMN.
Imho all three added together don't come to much.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Knibbsworth":1xzprey7 said:
a very harsh post in my opinion.i think he is an excellent journalist.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
I think Chris is excellent. I don't just enjoy his Herald pieces but also the weekly podcast he takes part in and co commentary for away games too.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve Evans":10rokxh1 said:
Knibbsworth":10rokxh1 said:
a very harsh post in my opinion.i think he is an excellent journalist.

It's also harsh on the 'kids' too. Just to be clear, I'm not one of them :lol: nor know any of them personally, but the only reason they've been doing social media and clickbait stories is because they've been told to.

Clearly Chris is the senior football writer, but Jak Ball and Beren Cross come across very well on the podcast and have written good reports too. Cross in particular seems a very serious and capable journo.

Aug 2, 2011
There was a Saturday evening football herald - my recollection is that it was green but maybe I am colour blind. Not sure when it was stopped but certainly it was around in the late fifties and early sixties.

Aug 2, 2011
It actually gave really good coverage of the Sat. game plus lots of local team info. I remember belting down to the Lower Compton post office/shop to get a copy around 6.30/7.00pm. Which given the lack of technology etc was very efficient of them to get a report of the game into print and distributd across the city.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Presto":ulappmao said:
It actually gave really good coverage of the Sat. game plus lots of local team info. I remember belting down to the Lower Compton post office/shop to get a copy around 6.30/7.00pm. Which given the lack of technology etc was very efficient of them to get a report of the game into print and distributd across the city.

I remember the days back in the early 1960'S when you could buy one on the street near Derry's clock just after 6pm!
Those were the days, but the paper was never pink in my failing memory. When I lived in Liverpool the football special definitely was.

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
I collected the Football Herald in Station Road regularly in the 50s. It was never yellow or pink, or any other colour in my memory.
I also own between 200 and 300 of same from about 1936 to 1970 and they are all on white paper. They are all in the main photocopyable and readable and I feature one in the Travel Club's Forever Green magazine in every edition.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Good God, those pop-up videos are annoying, attached to every single Argyle article. I don't give a monkey's what some little dweeb in a tie has to say, just let me read the bloody article.

:facepalm:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Something I do find funny is the constant sniping towards Exeter, but then when something good opens in Exeter, suddenly it becomes 'Devon gets new xxxxx' or 'exciting new xxxx opens near Plymouth'. Today the headline....

A Harry Potter themed restaurant is opening in Devon and people can't wait!
It's only a 45-minute drive from Plymouth!

Where is it? Exeter :funny: