The Herald getting worse! | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Herald getting worse!

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
God, did anyone see the article about "What upset Derek Adams" today? It's driving me mad. The Herald used to be (at some distant point in time) a good resource for finding out Argyle news. Now it's getting just as bad as the rest of the clickbait out there - yesterday an article about Matty Fryatt who has no connection to us whatsoever and today an article about DA justifiable questioning the whether the interviewer has much of a clue about football due to a stupidly phrased question.

It seems that Munday purposely tried to incite DA re "men behind the ball" and then posted a full transcript of the interview and headlined it as if he was exposing some kind of unreasonable reaction from DA. It's utterly pathetic and completely amateurish. Stop trying to bait our manager for clicks and do some actual journalism! Time to remove the Herald from my Bookmarks.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i agree with vibrating spider.the interviewer tried to rile derek and failed miserably!how about mister munday enthusing about the win at wimbledon?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's too many quota filling articles with the headline usually a dramatic question to entice the reader to click on the story.

Adams just got fed up with the young journo and told him so.

If it's not Chris Errington it's not worth reading.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I still think the sports coverage is OK considering the way print media is going. I like the podcast and I think Beren Cross in particular is a very good partner for Chris. You really just have to accept the advertising, videos and occasional clickbait as a necessary evil. I know to ignore headlines like 'Premier League ACE set to sign for Argyle rivals'.

However, the witch-hunt sensationalism of the front page online is a little weird. Three stories in a row include the phrases 'twisted paedophile', 'evil pervert' and 'horrible sex monster'.

It's meant to be a local newspaper, not an outraged Facebook post.

May 8, 2011
It does seem to be another example of where the headline bears no connection to what is in the article.
If you watch the video of the reporter saying what he talked about with Adams, there is no mention of Adams getting annoyed with any of the questions. You would have thought he would had mentioned it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It does look like someone other than the author of the article is employed purely to come up with sensational or questioning headlines to attract readers.

PL2 3DQ":1lgnzgyz said:
It does look like someone other than the author of the article is employed purely to come up with sensational or questioning headlines to attract readers.

I agree with you Posty.

CE is the only local journo with a brain cell of more than 1.

Let the pros do what they are best at - and CE is brilliant at what he does.

Yes, he is a Palace fan.

But, who cares ?

He is still a top journo.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

May 21, 2015
Nothing there to suggest the journo was baiting DA. He seemed a little bit annoyed at the question by the 'men behind the ball' question, but would rather not read too much into it.

Aug 2, 2011
I have said it before but most journalists are totally useless. They have only one interest be it factually correct or not which is get a headline. They have no interest in facts, happy to publish total rubbish a bit like estate agents description of properties for sale. Show a complete lack of integrity.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Just noticed the date on the sports page today says Tuesday.

It's a real shame as it used to be a good read but now I feel more and more interested finding mistakes for laughs