Stadium Improvements (including scoreboard) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stadium Improvements (including scoreboard)

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
I am not convinced that apportioning blame on the mistakes made during the construction of the grandstand serves any useful purpose. The pathway towards a stadium inside and outside fit for a Championship club has been identified by the club and some of the required changes are already underway. It will mean retrofitting some elements and some will express understandable concern at what might be perceived as unnecessary cost.

However, we are where we are and I would rather concentrate on the progress along the pathway and commend the club as they continue to communicate with the fans as to how and when they make that progress.

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
Interesting Tim, I can remember no time when legroom was discussed, as it was assumed that what was acceptable before would be acceptable after. Big problem was that the seats were moulded plastic and I don't think that was taken into consideration.

Certainly the concourse was brought up on more than one occasion as the answer was 'it is what it is'. No helpful but towards the end of the project, that was the answer to a lot of our questions.
Ian
Leg room was discussed on more than 1 occasion. As well as reformatt of the concrete base matters such as staggering the seats layout, reducing the number, changing the design were discussed but none were practical/ found favour.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ian
Leg room was discussed on more than 1 occasion. As well as reformatt of the concrete base matters such as staggering the seats layout, reducing the number, changing the design were discussed but none were practical/ found favour.
Just for context; years before the refurb I spent a couple of seasons sitting in the front row of the Grandstand. Front row so; great view, no access problems, no leg room issues.
However, we moved to the Lyndy because the wooden seat was very decrepit, it slanted down/forward so you had to brace yourself regularly or you'd slide off. Sat at the front because I found the previous seat legroom a bit tight esp. with people coming/going and, even then, a person leaning back in front of you or stretching could cramp your space and bang your knees.
Haven't been back but doesn't sound improved but, remember, the old seats weren't great and, when the Stand was designed, people were a bit smaller generally. (I was quite a bit smaller in the 50s than I am now!!)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ian

I didn’t attend all of the meetings Kevin.

Dec 3, 2005
The problem with the new seats is the seat backs, they are slightly reclined and bend when the person in front sits back, which then cuts into your knees. The old wooden ones the seat back was stright up or flat backed and didn't bend, therefore giving that extra legroom/knee room.

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Totally disagree!! Couldn't be more wrong IMHO

Yep, I'm willing to bet the previous manager, Schuey, Neil Dewsnip, and most of the players wouldn't have come to Argyle if the refurbishment wasn't taking place.

On a basic level, top professionals don't want to work in a cramp and crumbling 1950s relic. And on a perception level, it shows the ambitions and direction of the club. And then you have all the cash the new facilities have generated.

We're in a position now, where the mistakes can be fixed and improved relatively (stress the word RELATIVELY :ROFLMAO:) easily. So let's just look forward (y)

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
I want one of those old Turnstiles but my other half insists I can't have it and we don't need one. I'm thinking of putting my foot down and making a stand.
Hope you design it properly, wouldn’t want you to have to re-jig it once it’s built.;)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I want one of those old Turnstiles but my other half insists I can't have it and we don't need one. I'm thinking of putting my foot down and making a stand.

You make stands? I'd get in touch with PAFC, apparently there's an issue with the stand that has recently been built.. ;)