Stadium Improvements (including scoreboard) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stadium Improvements (including scoreboard)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think the 'PAFC Welcomes You to Home Park' signage on the Devonport will definitely be replaced, that's looking really old now.

Says 'inside and out' so surely Bobby's Garden will be included. Then the probable big screen, and I also liked the image of the hanging Lyndhurst Stand sign as a sun screen for the commentraty box.

Then we have the Grandstand rejig, whatever that will be. But that may be a separate undertaking.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I did hear that they were going to knock down the brand new offices this summer!!!

This will be the first phase of improving the space problems within the concourse and then the close season after, they will attack the narrow seating problem above.

So lots on it seems.

It might not be the biggest of stadiums these days :cry: but it sure is going to be one of the neatest!!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I suspect the majority of the Chelsea money will go towards stuff like this rather than signings, though a couple of £100k may be pushed towards the playing budget.

Will definitely be needed if those offices are disappearing :oops:... where would the new ones be? I've always kind of liked the idea of Argyle having a presence in the city centre (new signings having picture taken on the Hoe etc), but may not make much sense to split up the club staff.

Reactions: April 1971

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would imagine the staff would loathe leaving Home Park.

It all seemed rather disconnected when they were up at Crownhill.

I'm feel sure you feel 'special' working at and in a football club, but no so when you're in an office block somewhere away from our spiritual home. Then again, that could be me romanticising it as a mere fan.

Reactions: saffronwalden green

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I would imagine the staff would loathe leaving Home Park.

It all seemed rather disconnected when they were up at Crownhill.

I'm feel sure you feel 'special' working at and in a football club, but no so when you're in an office block somewhere away from our spiritual home. Then again, that could be me romanticising it as a mere fan.

No I think I agree, for those exact reasons. And obviously the long-term aim is to have this big base for the whole club.

Just a shame we don't have that club shop anymore or any visible Argyle reference in the centre.

Was just looking up other clubs as an example, Athletic Bilbao have this as their city centre offices😮 :love: https://insideathletic.com/ibaigane/

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Wow!!

I can remember someone during admin saying that the Mall shop was an unmitigated disaster, with the rent wiping out any potential profit many times over.

I also remember of a few of the ladies in the shop saying that it was far too small to cope with different products and the different sizes.

Sep 22, 2020
unfortunately the disaster of a referb is coming home to roost with not only the newly installed seats having to be replaced but the offices built being demolished.

all a very costly exercise, presumably £1m plus, that could have been put into strengthening the team

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
unfortunately the disaster of a referb is coming home to roost with not only the newly installed seats having to be replaced but the offices built being demolished.

all a very costly exercise, presumably £1m plus, that could have been put into strengthening the team
Have you ever run a business?

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset

You seem to know what's planned and an idea of budget costs too so please share the detail with the rest of us.

Mar 23, 2019
It does seem ridiculous that the seats in the upper mayflower aren't suitable for people to sit in, I would be developing bobbys garden to increase the capacity as currently its way too small. We are riding a wave and attendances and our fanbase seems to be bigger than ever from my memory.

Reactions: jerryatricjanner

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
It's just a pity that there is a nice flat, empty, fenced off plot of land right next to the Stadium that is litter and weed-strewn and getting worse and worse to look at each day that passes. it's a complete eyesore and it's a disgrace that it can be left in that condition in my opinion. But, of course, it is not owned by Argyle so there's nothing they can do about it.

Sep 2, 2008
It does seem ridiculous that the seats in the upper mayflower aren't suitable for people to sit in, I would be developing bobbys garden to increase the capacity as currently its way too small. We are riding a wave and attendances and our fanbase seems to be bigger than ever from my memory.
Its called p*ss poor planning. Whomever it was that Project Managed that part of the refurb needs to choose a different career path.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London

It's very disappointing but clearly the refurb hasn't been a 'disaster' as a whole. The stuff the club has been able to do with that hospitality area has alone made it worthwhile, not to mention the massively enhanced player facilities and improvements for most (emphasis on 'most') supporters. The issues appear to be fixable, that's the main thing.

I think the refurb and the planning permission for it, occurred at a strange time when power was being transferred from JB to SH, and there perhaps wasn't the cash for the ideal layout and 'nice to haves' that there is now.