Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Chancellor":2kg41oni said:
Or of course it could be good news with a new investor buying out James Brents remaining shareholding and wanting his own seat at the table in due course.

Lots of knee jerks on here, many of them of the negative variety. No reason why it should be negative news.

Could well be that Chancellor. The spooky bit for me though is the change in stance of both men from just three weeks ago.

It could be that DF has said 'sod that for a game of soldiers' and that forced Simon into his change of mind.

What IS good is the fact we have a wealthy Argyle supporting man at the helm rather than some bloke we know nothing about.

Feb 2, 2007
Chancellor":1sem2l04 said:
Or of course it could be good news with a new investor buying out James Brents remaining shareholding and wanting his own seat at the table in due course.

Lots of knee jerks on here, many of them of the negative variety. No reason why it should be negative news.

Unlikely- the definitive approach announced just a few weeks ago would not have happened. This is a sudden departure and I sense a divergence in thinking is most likely the cause

Aug 5, 2015
Not too sure what the excitement here is about.
It wasn’t that long ago that out chairman was a former director of ManU. That ended well didn’t it?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Penlee":1y7dj92r said:
Maybe Mr Hallett is finalising his move back home from the states, as intimated a couple of months back

Now that WOULD be good news.

C

Cult Of Personality

Wait and see approach .. Hallett maybe the chairmen we need to kick back on maybe not who knows

Jan 13, 2017
Maybe with this news SH can move into place some big hitters from over the pond? With the 2020 stuff happening, maybe others want to have a part of Big Green Apple Pie celebrations.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
nick_PASTIE":1m1pbvpr said:
Stuart House":1m1pbvpr said:
This is good.

Hallett needs to be chairman right now. It's his club - on the field we are in a mess and he needs to ensure we get out of it - weather that's sticking with Adams or not. His choice.

As he's a fan - sure he'll do what he thinks is best. Hopefully what ever that is works.

Interesting statement- I would worry if he thought this is "his club" even if he is the major shareholder. Surely the modern way and the way JB has set us up, is to run in a colloborative, cabinet approval kind of manner. The last thing we need is another dictator of the MacCauley variety.

At least MacCauley put his hand in his pocket

Aug 5, 2005
Chancellor":1z0725x0 said:

This was my first thought. Hallett stepping in as 'caretaker' chairman until another investor moves their own person in.

Absolutely no evidence for this of course, but it make the move more logical.

Or maybe Felwick got a better offer elsewhere

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
JannerinCardiff":1khp68u5 said:
nick_PASTIE":1khp68u5 said:
Stuart House":1khp68u5 said:
This is good.

Hallett needs to be chairman right now. It's his club - on the field we are in a mess and he needs to ensure we get out of it - weather that's sticking with Adams or not. His choice.

As he's a fan - sure he'll do what he thinks is best. Hopefully what ever that is works.

Interesting statement- I would worry if he thought this is "his club" even if he is the major shareholder. Surely the modern way and the way JB has set us up, is to run in a colloborative, cabinet approval kind of manner. The last thing we need is another dictator of the MacCauley variety.

At least MacCauley put his hand in his pocket

I think that's unfair. No-one can accuse SH of NOT doing that.

Jan 27, 2012
The reasons for this cannot be second guessed. Personal reasons can mean anything- including health concerns. We just don’t know. Hallett may or may not wish to remain as chairman in the long run- this may be a temporary measure. I’m sure all will be revealed in due course. PS/ I agree with above- Hallett has injected plenty of money into the club and should be respected for that.

Jun 2, 2016
oldage":1qcriam1 said:
Has SH been stitched up? First JB steps aside followed quickly by Felwick.

I suppose if he had been left alone running a nuclear power station he might feel aggrieved.
But he's Chair of a smallish football club, so no biggie eh

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
MD is a pivotal figure now it seems. He’ll be running things with SH overseeing it all.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've seen MD at close quarters over the last couple of months. His professionalism is unquestionable.