Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've no idea, and to be fair, I never know what goes on but those videos of David and Simon a few weeks ago had sound bites I liked.

'I've no ambition to be a Chairman' said Simon. 'I'm so proud to be the Chairman' said David. Now this???

Feels like a split to me.

It could just be that DF doesn't want the aggro at his age now the team is performing so badly, I get that, I've witnessed, as have many others the vile stuff JB has had to put up with, nobody should have to go through what James did.

Perhaps it's felt that Simon being so far away will be insulated from that, but knowing what the internet warriors get up to, I doubt whether that would make so much difference.

Whatever is behind this, as fans, we should be worried, it's certainly not a good sign.

We've had a consistent board for so long, and now this.

Ouch, is all that I can say.

All good decent people but as I say, us Argyle fans need to keep an eye on this. It's a worrying situation in my opinion.

This sounded like a good move when I read the story, but now having read Ianā€™s views Iā€™m now concerned whatā€™s the hidden motive why he decided it wasnā€™t for him. Easy to say personal reasons, he was up for it a few weeks ago. Wanted DA out maybe? Nobody agrees so heā€™s been shoved out? Easy to put 2+2 together.....

nikkk

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 8, 2011
All very interesting since Simon H on several occasions said he didn't want to be the number one !! Happy as a number 2 ! This is troubling. Clearly David has concerns about future plans. I suspect he anticipated a great deal more than has been suggested from Simon H and does not want to be the subject of criticism or indeed abuse as chairman. All this recent change for the better? No !!

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
As much as it pains me to say itā€™s even more important now to keep Adams in his position.

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
IJN":1uq8y056 said:
I do not like the sound of this one bit.

Yeah Iā€™ve not got the best of feelings about this either..

nikkk

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 8, 2011
GreenArmy1984":2k5vp7g5 said:
Interesting times ahead at Pafc

Good luck to Simon Hallett as Argyle Chairman

#WeAreArgyle

No doubt Ginsters are still for sale mate. :lol:

Mar 14, 2009
This situation could be down to anything.

Yet maybe itā€™s a conflict in the strategy going forward with Argyle. Tbh, is it worrying? I think Simon Hallett has invested money into this football club to re-build a stand that l canā€™t see we were going to improve without him.

This situation was always going to occur as Argyle move forward. To improve we need money. New investment. Which means unfortunately there will be unsettling periods in the board room as people with money come with their own visions of how to run a football club.

Iā€™m not too worried about Simon Hallett because l think him being chairman will be more in name than anything else. For a start he is still based in America. The question is how much power now does Dunford have?

If you want Argyle to be a safe league one club with no chance of progression to the championship then James Brent would be a safe pair of hands. However, the clubs is ambitious and so are its fans which means the club will need people with much bigger egoā€™s and wallets than Simon Hallett. There will be ruthless decisions on and off the field. So as supporters if you want Argyle to progress forward then lm afraid with that comes the risk of handing our club over to people who can do a lot of good, but also much damage.

Voice of Reason

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 30, 2004
The bad side of the internet looming here.

Surely this could be what is says, personal reasons - ill health of himself or loved one etc. We dont have a right to know, we can ask as supporters, but if it is personal reasons then that should be that.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
When somebody steps down or back from such a senior role and it was due to ill health, it would say 'due to ill health'.

'Personal reasons' in this context means something other than anything 'personal' as such. It's obvious something has happened or shaped up to be different than DF's expectations.