Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
IJN":pmagwyyw said:
When somebody steps down or back from such a senior role and it was due to ill health, it would say 'due to ill health'.

'Personal reasons' in this context means something other than anything 'personal' as such. It's obvious something has happened or shaped up to be different than DF's expectations.

Yep.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I wonder if Brent would reconsider?

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Sorry i have to disagree.

If i was in a position of public importance, and i wanted away due to ill health, i wouldn't announce it as such, some things are private and ill health is one of them.

Thats not to say your theory may well be right, but i would want plenty more meat on the bone before jumping to any conclusion or conspiracy, as some will now do.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
We’ve had - whether people liked him or not, and I very much did - a period of real stability and a steady hand on the tiller under JB. Hallett always comes across as someone who shoots a bit more from the hip. Some might like that. I’m less keen as a point of personal style. I hope, very much hope, that we settle back into a steady regime as disruption is not good, and it has come along too quickly for my liking. I hope there’s nowt to see here, but not persuaded.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I hesitate to say this because it might not sound particularly pleasant, but I wouldn't be overly happy with Michael Dunford the only football man at the club above Adams. Not least because his last two clubs aren't exactly in a great position, Crawley and Chesterfield.

It feels as if everything at Argyle is pointed in a very modern direction now, but Dunford seems very old-fashioned to me and a bit of a strange fit. His interview on Argyle Chat the other week didn't massively reassure me, for example I'm not sure he really knew what social media was.

I would rather we delayed a shake-up until the summer, and James Brent just continued in the position until then. I'm not even sure you can call him a non-football expert now, after 7 years of pretty intense experience.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Voice_of_Reason":1t2lfemd said:
Sorry i have to disagree.

If i was in a position of public importance, and i wanted away due to ill health, i wouldn't announce it as such, some things are private and ill health is one of them.

Thats not to say your theory may well be right, but i would want plenty more meat on the bone before jumping to any conclusion or conspiracy, as some will now do.

I think it’s natural and probably healthy of Argyle fans to raise an eyebrow or two, given the fairly recent unpleasantness. Hope there’s nothing to see and we can all move on, but better we ask for honesty than just live in hope I reckon

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Im hoping we are reading too much into this. When James Brent announced he was stepping down, if he had said Simon Hallett was to be the new chairman we wouldn't have blinked. Even if David Felwick had taken up the position, id still imagine he would have felt that Simon Hallett was still the main man, I know I do.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Enjoyed Sturrock's first run here, but, as a football manager, his time has long gone. We need a modern Eddie Howe type manager; someone young with good man management abilities, tactical nous and media skills.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Biggs":2ccu322h said:
I hesitate to say this because it might not sound particularly pleasant, but I wouldn't be overly happy with Michael Dunford the only football man at the club above Adams. Not least because his last two clubs aren't exactly in a great position, Crawley and Chesterfield.

It feels as if everything at Argyle is pointed in a very modern direction now, but Dunford seems very old-fashioned to me and a bit of a strange fit. His interview on Argyle Chat the other week didn't massively reassure me, for example I'm not sure he really knew what social media was.

I would rather we delayed a shake-up until the summer, and James Brent just continued in the position until then. I'm not even sure you can call him a non-football expert now, after 7 years of pretty intense experience.

Can’t disagree with that..

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Steve Evans":sb6uvd8o said:
i think simon will have to make a huge first decision.

Who will be chairman when he realises he can’t do it from the US..?