Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
crownhillpilgrim":ieco2i3g said:
Enjoyed Sturrock's first run here, but, as a football manager, his time has long gone. We need a modern Eddie Howe type manager; someone young with good man management abilities, tactical nous and media skills.
i agree but please not wottsy,nance,rhys and the royal marine. :facepalm:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
JannerinCardiff":38n8kgag said:
Steve Evans":38n8kgag said:
i think simon will have to make a huge first decision.

Who will be chairman when he realises he can’t do it from the US..?
peter jones for me. a man who understands our DNA.i am deeply worried about this announcement.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I'll have someone who understands what it takes for a modern football club to progress, rather than vague notions of understanding the Argyle 'DNA'.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I wonder if there’s any link between poor performances and this announcement? Maybe something going on internally that we aren’t aware of yet but the players are?

Merely a question with no known information but things do seem a little flat at the minute and today’s announment can only put fuel on the fire of something being a bit wrong internally right now.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
This is good.

Hallett needs to be chairman right now. It's his club - on the field we are in a mess and he needs to ensure we get out of it - weather that's sticking with Adams or not. His choice.

As he's a fan - sure he'll do what he thinks is best. Hopefully what ever that is works.

Feb 2, 2007
I was very surprised when Mr Felwick agreed to take on the role- kind of pleased but surprised. Why surprised? When you look at his career path he has moved away from the senior leadership roles, even stepped away from the board last year and all seemed to point towards having a more quiet life, certainly not something you would get with the Argyle Chairman job and a long distance major shareholder.

I wonder whether all this has dawned on him now and with the team ailing, it has forced him to think twice.

I am concerned that Mr Hallett won't be able to give his "all" that this role demands, is inexperienced and most importantly, on the playing side, won't hold Derek to account- something that clearly needs to happen and fast.

Whatever this is- it's not good as others are saying.

Feb 2, 2007
Stuart House":1n6dx6pf said:
This is good.

Hallett needs to be chairman right now. It's his club - on the field we are in a mess and he needs to ensure we get out of it - weather that's sticking with Adams or not. His choice.

As he's a fan - sure he'll do what he thinks is best. Hopefully what ever that is works.

Interesting statement- I would worry if he thought this is "his club" even if he is the major shareholder. Surely the modern way and the way JB has set us up, is to run in a colloborative, cabinet approval kind of manner. The last thing we need is another dictator of the MacCauley variety.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Steve Evans":22qsw1o2 said:
JannerinCardiff":22qsw1o2 said:
Steve Evans":22qsw1o2 said:
i think simon will have to make a huge first decision.

Who will be chairman when he realises he can’t do it from the US..?
peter jones for me. a man who understands our DNA.i am deeply worried about this announcement.

Not sure what you are basing that on. He is not on the Board and although he may understand the DNA of the club, there are a few more qualities needed.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
No biggie.
Get someone else in with the required football knowledge to be chairman maybe. Hallett is the only bu66er chucking his money at the football club anyway so does it matter if its this Felwick guy or someone else with football nouse giving the advice. Way some people are talking it's as if the love child son of Bill Gates and Pele just walked out of the club

Or of course it could be good news with a new investor buying out James Brents remaining shareholding and wanting his own seat at the table in due course.

Lots of knee jerks on here, many of them of the negative variety. No reason why it should be negative news.

Mar 8, 2016
Shame Felwick can no longer take up the role, however having Hallett as chairman is hardly a bad thing. As people have already eluded to, he’s the main man who’s putting a substantial amount of money into the club at this moment in time.