Signed and sealed The Grandstand contract has been signed!! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Signed and sealed The Grandstand contract has been signed!!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
jimsing":3gnic3nz said:
Their parking leaves a lot to be desired, but then again, so does ours.
Not sure there's many grounds in the football league with bigger car parks than Home Park's. Off the top of my head I can only think of about 10 with bigger.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
dunlop":1fvi2v0t said:

Do you want to explai... f&ck it, I can’t be bothered :lol:

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Kentishgreen":29uc8v2e said:
Especially when they’ve been banging away all summer that no contract has been signed. It makes you wonder where these people are coming from. Bit like an episode of Twin Peaks really.

You’re really not the brightest are you?

The delay now means the stand won’t be ready for the start of next season. I could go through some of the factors that this creates issues with, but I’m not sure you’d grasp it.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
The Grumpy Loyal":uo8eiiyo said:
Kentishgreen":uo8eiiyo said:
Especially when they’ve been banging away all summer that no contract has been signed. It makes you wonder where these people are coming from. Bit like an episode of Twin Peaks really.

The delay now means the stand won’t be ready for the start of next season. I could go through some of the factors that this creates issues with, but I’m not sure you’d grasp it.

I think the person who's got it spot on is Neath Green with his experience, and when he says:

Neath Green":uo8eiiyo said:
This is great news and as I said on previous posts the "non" signing of the main contract was really not an issue. It is very common in construction for the main contract not to be signed until all design issues are resolved/agreed and a final price agreed.

Then there was clearly nothing to worry about and probably no delay

Nov 2, 2004
Not of course what Mr Brent says in his excellent herald piece.This explains the delays and they were anything but routine.

Oct 24, 2010
ealinggreen":msyxwu34 said:
Not of course what Mr Brent says in his excellent herald piece.This explains the delays and they were anything but routine.
On the contrary. Tender prices coming over the original cost plan is a common occurrence; this would then necessitate cost engineering (looking for design and specification savings), negotiation with the successful tenderer and sourcing additional finance. All takes time but nothing out of the ordinary. The upside of the delay is that the contract sum should be based on full designs and completed specifications so time and cost overruns should be minimal.

Mar 21, 2013
The Grumpy Loyal":13zu6nsg said:
Kentishgreen":13zu6nsg said:

It never ceases to amaze me how you guys can find negatives in any situation, I bet even if they worked double time & it was all completed before the start of next season you’d still find something to complain about. Utterly pathetic individuals & a waste of internet usage.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Don't_Panic":itcx4txj said:
The Grumpy Loyal":itcx4txj said:
Kentishgreen":itcx4txj said:

It never ceases to amaze me how you guys can find negatives in any situation, I bet even if they worked double time & it was all completed before the start of next season you’d still find something to complain about. Utterly pathetic individuals & a waste of internet usage.

And here’s another one.

Why not deal with the actual realities of what is happening? People don’t have to ‘look for negatives’ when the whole project is strewn with them. Is it a positive that the delay now causes major issues for fans with regard to season ticket seats next year. Is it a positive that the scaled BACK design and build spec is now scaled UP to £6.5m in terms of cost?

If the club aren’t borrowing any more from Hallett to fund these cost increases, then where is the money coming from? It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out!

Aug 5, 2015
While your at it please give us the time wasted by those fudgewits who stole GOS photos and alleged that breaches of planning permission had taken place

Aug 5, 2015
On the other hand don’t bother you’ve got nothing to say anyway. I’ll just go back to ignoring you

Aug 5, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":1szu1d36 said:
Kentishgreen":1szu1d36 said:

Grumps, it was never the plan to be ready for the start of the 2019/20 season. The plan was to be ready in time for the 2020 celebrations.

If anything, this is earlier than expected as most people were talking about an October finish date.

Mar 21, 2013
The Grumpy Loyal":eay7sf95 said:
Don't_Panic":eay7sf95 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":eay7sf95 said:
Kentishgreen":eay7sf95 said:

And here’s another one.

Why not deal with the actual realities of what is happening? People don’t have to ‘look for negatives’ when the whole project is strewn with them. Is it a positive that the delay now causes major issues for fans with regard to season ticket seats next year. Is it a positive that the scaled BACK design and build spec is now scaled UP to £6.5m in terms of cost?

If the club aren’t borrowing any more from Hallett to fund these cost increases, then where is the money coming from? It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out!

You must be incredibly naive to think that the first article you read about the development is gospel, that the completion date/design/costs is not going to change, you must go through life permanently outraged. First of all they have been doing some work, they've stated that there was an enabling contract which has allowed them to carry out some works & also it’s been explained the issues with the signing of the contract. We don’t know, if any, what delay has been caused & if it has then frankly it can happen. Spurs with a lot more clout then us, were expected to have their stadium ready for the new season but have had a slight delay there, it happens, it’s not ideal but we crack on, unlike yourself who lives for the negatives in life & latches on like a leech & uses it to bash the club you supposedly support & it’s supporters that are excited about finally having a complete stadium. I can fully understand people who spend a lot of time on forums who engage in debate & chat whether overly positive or of a challenging nature but an individual who only, & I truly mean ONLY, posts negative, miserable, confrontational, conspiracy laced drivel is baffling to me, trying to dampen people’s mood? To make them feel like you? What’s the point?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Quizmike":3hynpsh0 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3hynpsh0 said:
Kentishgreen":3hynpsh0 said:

Grumps, it was never the plan to be ready for the start of the 2019/20 season. The plan was to be ready in time for the 2020 celebrations.

If anything, this is earlier than expected as most people were talking about an October finish date.

Sorry Mike, but it was planned to be ready for 2019/20. (See article below from Feb) The delays have now pushed it back with October now being the new target.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... d-1261206#

Apologies to Kentish and 'Don't Panic' (lol) for dealing in facts, once more.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Don't_Panic":2xadl6ja said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2xadl6ja said:
Don't_Panic":2xadl6ja said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2xadl6ja said:
Kentishgreen":2xadl6ja said:

And here’s another one.

You must be incredibly naive to think that the first article you read about the development is gospel, that the completion date/design/costs is not going to change, you must go through life permanently outraged. First of all they have been doing some work, they've stated that there was an enabling contract which has allowed them to carry out some works & also it’s been explained the issues with the signing of the contract. We don’t know, if any, what delay has been caused & if it has then frankly it can happen. Spurs with a lot more clout then us, were expected to have their stadium ready for the new season but have had a slight delay there, it happens, it’s not ideal but we crack on, unlike yourself who lives for the negatives in life & latches on like a leech & uses it to bash the club you supposedly support & it’s supporters that are excited about finally having a complete stadium. I can fully understand people who spend a lot of time on forums who engage in debate & chat whether overly positive or of a challenging nature but an individual who only, & I truly mean ONLY, posts negative, miserable, confrontational, conspiracy laced drivel is baffling to me, trying to dampen people’s mood? To make them feel like you? What’s the point?

There's some confrontational conspiracy laced drivel in my reply to Mike there, 'Don't Panic'. Oh no, actually it is a verified, link provided, fact-based post. I know you prefer to tragically attempt to character assasinate me instead so you may not want to read the link.