Signed and sealed The Grandstand contract has been signed!! | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Signed and sealed The Grandstand contract has been signed!!

Aug 5, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":109bfk26 said:
Quizmike":109bfk26 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":109bfk26 said:
Kentishgreen":109bfk26 said:
Especially when they’ve been banging away all summer that no contract has been signed. It makes you wonder where these people are coming from. Bit like an episode of Twin Peaks really.

You’re really not the brightest are you?

The delay now means the stand won’t be ready for the start of next season. I could go through some of the factors that this creates issues with, but I’m not sure you’d grasp it.

Grumps, it was never the plan to be ready for the start of the 2019/20 season. The plan was to be ready in time for the 2020 celebrations.

If anything, this is earlier than expected as most people were talking about an October finish date.

Sorry Mike, but it was planned to be ready for 2019/20. (See article below from Feb) The delays have now pushed it back with October now being the new target.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... d-1261206#

Apologies to Kentish and 'Don't Panic' (lol) for dealing in facts, once more.

Apologies for dealing in facts Grumps, but the completion date is 30th August 2019, not October.

Also, the article you quoted is very woolly about dates by saying 'open for the 2019/20 season'. Not saying 'the start of' is journalese for "we don't know the exact date".

I know you will argue the toss with me over the semantics of this, buy tis true.

ETA - Season ticket holders should be fine - we just ask the FA to play our first two or three games away

Mar 21, 2013
Quizmike":39no4cut said:
The Grumpy Loyal":39no4cut said:
Quizmike":39no4cut said:
The Grumpy Loyal":39no4cut said:
Kentishgreen":39no4cut said:
Especially when they’ve been banging away all summer that no contract has been signed. It makes you wonder where these people are coming from. Bit like an episode of Twin Peaks really.

The delay now means the stand won’t be ready for the start of next season. I could go through some of the factors that this creates issues with, but I’m not sure you’d grasp it.

Grumps, it was never the plan to be ready for the start of the 2019/20 season. The plan was to be ready in time for the 2020 celebrations.

If anything, this is earlier than expected as most people were talking about an October finish date.

Sorry Mike, but it was planned to be ready for 2019/20. (See article below from Feb) The delays have now pushed it back with October now being the new target.

Apologies for dealing in facts Grumps, but the completion date is 30th August 2019, not October.

Also, the article you quoted is very woolly about dates by saying 'open for the 2019/20 season'. Not saying 'the start of' is journalese for "we don't know the exact date".

I know you will argue the toss with me over the semantics of this, buy tis true.

ETA - Season ticket holders should be fine - we just ask the FA to play our first two or three games away

I was going to say the same thing Mike, the campaign is 9 months long, nowhere in that article, from Feb, does it categorically state that it will CERTAINLY be open for the START of the season, that is a FACT grumpy. It does however say that they’re working to a tight schedule. Again delays, if any, do happen on a project this big, it is to be expected & a normal adult response to this is acceptance in a mature manner. I ask again what exactly is your point grumpy? There are people here who are aware of all that is currently happening, they’ve read all the info & they are still happy to finally see the grandstand refurbished & back in use & yet you are still trying to convince them otherwise, that it’s not something they should be happy about & they’re wrong to not be negative about it all, why are you so desperate to continually post, trying to convince others to be like you? What do you have to gain?

Aug 5, 2015
It’s getting a bit like the Bible. You can find a “fact” somewhere to support your argument. The only fact that really matters is that despite the “best” efforts of some, it is going ahead. It may not be the standards some want. It may not be to the schedule some wanted but it is happening - fact.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Quizmike":1fh0wuq5 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1fh0wuq5 said:
Quizmike":1fh0wuq5 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1fh0wuq5 said:
Kentishgreen":1fh0wuq5 said:

Apologies back to you Mike, I'm sure I read October somewhere. Either way, it's behind schedule before it's even started, and if I were GL Events head honcho reading that article, I'd be taken aback slightly by the Chairman basically saying that the delay is because Argyle were trying to squeeze every last penny (or bang for their buck) out of the contractor.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":26jb0y7b said:
if I were GL Events head honcho reading that article, I'd be taken aback slightly by the Chairman basically saying that the delay is because Argyle were trying to squeeze every last penny (or bang for their buck) out of the contractor.

:funny:

source.gif

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":1r3nzyc6 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1r3nzyc6 said:
if I were GL Events head honcho reading that article, I'd be taken aback slightly by the Chairman basically saying that the delay is because Argyle were trying to squeeze every last penny (or bang for their buck) out of the contractor.

:funny:

source.gif

And then of course a contractor who thinks he's getting screwed will ALWAYS find a way to cut a few corners under the radar to even things up.

Hi Ian. :wave:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Grumpy Loyal":3iu4ooch said:
Quizmike":3iu4ooch said:
Quizmike":3iu4ooch said:
Kentishgreen":3iu4ooch said:

Apologies back to you Mike, I'm sure I read October somewhere. Either way, it's behind schedule before it's even started, and if I were GL Events head honcho reading that article, I'd be taken aback slightly by the Chairman basically saying that the delay is because Argyle were trying to squeeze every last penny (or bang for their buck) out of the contractor.

And what is wrong with that? Surely JB and the directors are correct in getting the best deal for YOUR football club?

The list is growing, first it was the traffic, then parking, then drainage, now it's the budget and finish date! What next to try to stop the refurbishment - wrong colour paint! :lol:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
After a very hot summer, a hard winter is predicted, meaning that the ambient temperature for the setting mortar will definitely be wrong. How about that for a further prospective delaying phenomenon

Mar 21, 2013
Quintrell_Green":1lqmt528 said:
After a very hot summer, a hard winter is predicted, meaning that the ambient temperature for the setting mortar will definitely be wrong. How about that for a further prospective delaying phenomenon

Couldn’t agree more, nothing ever gets built in the winter, think we should delay it some more.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Don't_Panic":g1zfkjy3 said:
Doesn’t matter what it is or how stupid, any ammo will do.

:lol:

Have I read that right? Grumps is criticising James Brent for publicly confirming he was trying to get the best possible deal for PAFC?

Ridiculous, though he’s entirely reasonable compared to the vitriol on other platforms.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

PL2 3DQ":po6bu127 said:
And what is wrong with that? Surely JB and the directors are correct in getting the best deal for YOUR football club?

The list is growing, first it was the traffic, then parking, then drainage, now it's the budget and finish date! What next to try to stop the refurbishment - wrong colour paint! :lol:

Where have I ever mentioned traffic parking or drainage? And I'm not just talking about this thread Codey.

The problem there is you lob everyone that has longstanding concerns about Brent under the same umbrella. I think a few people on Pasoti are way too obsessed with what goes on in other social media outlets.

I've accepted ever since Hallett arrived and put his money where his mouth is that some sort of refurb would take place eventually. The crying shame for me has once again always been the bigger picture - i.e. a third rate third division standard mini-stand that will - if Brent ever does manage to develop something off his own back - be forever boxed in by a poxy third rate ice rink. (just to remind people once again that my beef with Brent has always stemmed from him and his woeful HHP plans hampering Argyles progress for a generation.)

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
There is none so blind as those who can see.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Biggs":2klk488s said:
Don't_Panic":2klk488s said:
Doesn’t matter what it is or how stupid, any ammo will do.

:lol:

Have I read that right? Grumps is criticising James Brent for publicly confirming he was trying to get the best possible deal for PAFC?

Ridiculous, though he’s entirely reasonable compared to the vitriol on other platforms.

Come on Biggsy, there were obviously bigger things afoot to delay things for months than James doing a bit of negotiating. But to suggest it was, for me, is laughable and embarrassingly small-time.

Can you imagine getting a quote for an extension on your house from a builder, then you spend the next few months desperately trying to haggle to price down? The builder is before long going to think " who is this joker".

That's where PAFC is at this moment in history though. More's the pity.