Signed and sealed The Grandstand contract has been signed!! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Signed and sealed The Grandstand contract has been signed!!

Feb 8, 2005
IJN":1nwbyiqw said:
Mike has always been suspicious of the 'Exeter Chiefs' model working for a football club.

I hope and think he's wrong.

This might allay his fears a bit.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... es-1879525

What on earth is there to be suspicious about, Ian?

I feel that Exeter Chiefs have it spot on. The infrastructure that is, the football is very different, and they have done it the right way. Their parking leaves a lot to be desired, but then again, so does ours. Their grandstand, their hospitality, their improvement year on year. All profit ploughed back into the Club.

A model to aspire to, as far as I am concerned.

Puts a fan run football club with no ambition into perspective.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ask Mike Jim, not me.

Michael.......................?

I have a feeling he could mean the corporate, prawn sandwiches brigade people, like me though. :greensmile:

Sep 25, 2010
Isnā€™t their match prices a bit steep,

My brother in law went recently, and paid Ā£45 quid.!!

Feb 8, 2005
You mean people with money to spend?

Bring 'em on. The more money they spend, the more profit the Club makes, the more money goes into the player budget.

I know football should be a working man's sport, it did used to be, but the money men took it over and they now rule. I just wish we could bring some money men down to this part of the world.

Corporate prawn sandwich brigade people to the fore is a good start. Let's fleece them of their money. If we can persuade them to spend at Home Park, then we are all winners. I hope the grandstand will do just that.

Feb 8, 2005
Martyn":195tu3f4 said:

It would appear not, the numbers they get have put us to shame in recent years. Here's hoping we can get ahead of their attendances in the not too distant future.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Martyn":3wwt4a52 said:

Single match prices start at Ā£12, season tickets at Ā£123

Your BiL must have been in the posh seats!

Mar 14, 2009
Iā€™m curious about ā€œpremium seatingā€. How much more can Argyle charge above current matchday prices for it to be viable? Is it even an option for the matchday fan or is it more cooperate.

Is that just the best view in the ground? Will they have a more comfortable seat with more leg room? Are there any other benefits?

For me biggest thing will be when HP gets safe standing. It will transform parts of the ground and give every single fan the option of what they want.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Metal_Green_Mickey":167zuj46 said:
For me biggest thing will be when HP gets safe standing. It will transform parts of the ground and give every single fan the option of what they want.

I wouldn't hold your breath ...

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Argylegames":134kxv8j said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":134kxv8j said:

I wouldn't hold your breath ...

Iā€™d love rail seating (standing is still safe in lots of lower league clubs) in the corners.. but Iā€™ll jyst take the corners being filled in to start with...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Metal_Green_Mickey":3m8r3hwi said:
Iā€™m curious about ā€œpremium seatingā€. How much more can Argyle charge above current matchday prices for it to be viable? Is it even an option for the matchday fan or is it more cooperate.

Is that just the best view in the ground? Will they have a more comfortable seat with more leg room? Are there any other benefits?

Business Class on an airplane I'd imagine.

Better seats, better food, a far more comfortable experience.

Biggs":zpft8pgl said:
dunlop":zpft8pgl said:
You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all I the time. I canā€™t believe how gullible some people are.

*Sigh*

Go on, explain what the hell that means.

You still donā€™t think the redevelopment is happening, or is it something else?

Biggs, well said

Dunlop, are you saying that those of us who are happy with developments are stupid!

Mar 21, 2013
Keen Green":25h9zrwc said:
Biggs":25h9zrwc said:
dunlop":25h9zrwc said:
You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all I the time. I canā€™t believe how gullible some people are.

*Sigh*

Go on, explain what the hell that means.

You still donā€™t think the redevelopment is happening, or is it something else?

Biggs, well said

Dunlop, are you saying that those of us who are happy with developments are stupid!

Heā€™s talking c**p, he has nothing better to do then make these pathetic little comments & then just disappear chuckling sadly to himself, & people like having these ā€˜personalitiesā€™ around?!

Aug 5, 2015
Especially when theyā€™ve been banging away all summer that no contract has been signed. It makes you wonder where these people are coming from. Bit like an episode of Twin Peaks really.

dunlop

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Nov 17, 2009