Ryan Law (joins Gillingham on loan) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Law (joins Gillingham on loan)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
My guess is we may have an option on another 12 months if all goes well? See if he develops well and if so, keep him on. If not, release. Otherwise does seem odd to extend with the intention only to loan
I think that’s what the club have or at least giving law every chance of proving himself.

We could have just released him but naturally we want him to succeed and letting him go on loan for a decent run of games will give him the best chance of doing so.

Reactions: Emu
Apr 30, 2011
I'd guess he's on a pretty low wage that would justify the gamble on his development. There is a directness to his play and I'd guess he is decent to have around the dressing room. I don't see a career for him at L1 or Championship level but who knows. Glad he is finally getting a chance to show what he has in his locker and I really hope he makes it difficult for us not to offer him another contract. Good luck Ryan!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
His wages won’t be bank busting so I guess Gillingham will be covering them.

Sometimes it’s not always financially relevant.

He gets serious game time and we get to make another judgement on him once he’s made them.

He has something but he’s running out of time at Argyle.
When he came on in the second half of the Swansea, I was sitting in the front row of the Upper Tier of the Mayflower, as a result of which he was playing in front of me. I was impressed as to how he worked the inter passing on that left flank in order to get crosses into the Swansea penalty area. Against Championship opposition, for the time he was on the pitch, I thought he performed well..

Feb 8, 2005
My only worry is whether Law gets enough games.

I wouldn't think he would be first choice, but he will have to battle for his place.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
My only worry is whether Law gets enough games.

I wouldn't think he would be first choice, but he will have to battle for his place.
I think their existing player is Tutonda (sp?) who I think struggled early on in a back four but did better in a five. Think he has a good chance to play 30 plus games, which is what he needs.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
When he came on in the second half of the Swansea, I was sitting in the front row of the Upper Tier of the Mayflower, as a result of which he was playing in front of me. I was impressed as to how he worked the inter passing on that left flank in order to get crosses into the Swansea penalty area. Against Championship opposition, for the time he was on the pitch, I thought he performed well..
Exactly. In certain periods he’s decent and he does have something about him. The club see it but it’s not enough to break into the starting 11.

He needs to go away and really hone in on those purple patches to develop into a consistent player.

It’s a coin toss. If he was 2-3 years younger you’d be excited to see what kind of player he turns out to be. Sadly he’s lost time and. It progressed quickly enough to seriously challenge Grant.

Massively in favour of the loan. Hopefully Gillingham does to Law what Truro did with Randell.

Reactions: boletus edulis
Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
Exactly. In certain periods he’s decent and he does have something about him. The club see it but it’s not enough to break into the starting 11.

He needs to go away and really hone in on those purple patches to develop into a consistent player.

It’s a coin toss. If he was 2-3 years younger you’d be excited to see what kind of player he turns out to be. Sadly he’s lost time and. It progressed quickly enough to seriously challenge Grant.

Massively in favour of the loan. Hopefully Gillingham does to Law what Truro did with Randell.
Wasn’t Rands at Torquay and Jeffers at Truro? I think Law was briefly at Truro too, but the lock down stopped the season early.

Reactions: Tugboat

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I wonder if long term he would be better suited to just being a left wing midfielder rather than having any defensive duties, as he certainly has ability in an attacking sense.

Anyway, perhaps his spell at the Gills will be the making of him and his defensive skills will be improved. Let's wait and see.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Wasn’t Rands at Torquay and Jeffers at Truro? I think Law was briefly at Truro too, but the lock down stopped the season early.
Yeah my bad. 👍

Jul 12, 2016
Nothing strange about it. Fulham have just done the same with young Sessegnon, as have Villa with Azaz - and no doubt those are just two examples among many.

Argyle obviously see enough in Law's potential to commit to him for another 12 months, while at the same time wanting to see him play regular football at a decent level - something we can't offer him this season.

Personally I think he'll end up leaving us next summer because IMO he doesn't have quite enough quality for League One football
How long were the contracts offered to Sessegnon and Azaz

Jul 12, 2016
When is a loan not a loan?
What are you talking about? Finn is being loaned to us but how long is his contract with Villa? I was making the point that Law is being loaned out even though he only has a 12 month contract and wondered if Finn had a similar length contract.

Jun 27, 2019
Fulham activated a 12-month option on Sessegnon, so his situation is exactly the same as Law's in that he'll be seeing out his contract on loan at a lower division club.

It doesn't look as though Villa disclosed the details of Azaz's new deal.