Ryan Law (joins Gillingham on loan) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Law (joins Gillingham on loan)

Dec 30, 2020
Sorry to see Ryan going out on loan,excellent support player and has never let the side down,the usual contributors to pasoti giving their know all opinions,sometimes wonder if their watching the same game as I am.

I wouldn't describe it as letting us down because I'm sure he's doing his best, but he absolutely terrifies me and I can think of loads of examples from the very few games he's played where his mistakes have cost us goals.

Although he's nearly 23, he still looks very young and his main weakness is that he seems perpetually caught out by the pace and physicality of pro football.

So it's not inconceivable that with another year of physical development and regular games he could get to the level we need, but he's quite a way off at the moment.

Sep 6, 2006
He’ll get far more out of playing regularly for Gillingham than he will being our third choice wing back. Considering his age he’s played very few EFL games, and therefore if true this is the right move for him and us.
That's if he DOES play regularly for Gillingham.

Reactions: jimsing
Jun 27, 2019
Gillingham don't play wingbacks so this would be an odd move if we're looking to develop him.

Perhaps it's just about getting him in the shop window to move him on next summer?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Gillingham don't play wingbacks so this would be an odd move if we're looking to develop him.

Perhaps it's just about getting him in the shop window to move him on next summer?

Maybe Gillingham not playing wingbacks will be a good thing for Ryans development - at LB he'd have to defend more so would have more opportunity to hone skills in this area.

Reactions: pafcshaun
Apr 1, 2009
Sorry to see Ryan going out on loan,excellent support player and has never let the side down,the usual contributors to pasoti giving their know all opinions,sometimes wonder if their watching the same game as I am.
Don't know why you're feeling sorry - this loan is aimed at improving him with a chance of playing regularly which he wouldn't here. It's not apunishment. The problem for our "support" players is that the lack of reserve team football means very few minutes over a season.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Surely Law won’t be going anywhere until Grant is demonstrably fit enough to be a full member of the match day squad.

I think Grant’s injury and the obvious uncertainty about whether/when he would be sufficiently recovered to play is probably the reason that Law was offered a contract extension for this season int he first place. He provided a relatively cheap way of ensuring that we had cover at left-wing back regardless of whether we were successful in signing another player (Miller). In fact, with Grant still recovering from injury and significant questions over whether Miller can maintain his fitness to play even weekly, let along twice weekly, I’d argue that Law is currently needed at Home Park and will be for at least another month or so.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
This seems to be a circular rumour.....someone speculates on the Gillingham site, which is quickly denounced, in the interim someone mentions their rumour on here which is then requited on their site...

Not saying it couldn't happen....but it might be feeding itself

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I feel sorry for him, what was the point of a new contract? At least it's a league club.
Good luck!

I guess Butcher is the replacement left wing-back for Miller until Grant is fit. Butcher has played in that position before.

Jun 24, 2008
Now official. Good luck Ryan, seems like a sensible move for his development.

With Millers reported injury issues, and Conor still to come back (he's had his fair share of injuries in the last 36 months) I'd expect that Mumba could possibly fill in in desperate times with Craske as cover for RWB. Craske looked good against Bristol and Swansea.

Reactions: Midsomer Green

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
This is a good level to test himself at.

Defensively he needs to be more aware of situations around him.

Has something about him as an attacking LB/LWB.

Reactions: Dorset Green