Ryan Broom - £500k fee | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Broom - £500k fee

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think the thing is we could acquire another player on loan, free transfer or small transfer fee that could possibly be as good as Ryan Broom. So to me spending £500k on Broom is extremely bad business.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
RL will have a budget that he cannot deviate from. Va Va Voom is a exceptional talent but as the previous poster as said is it cost effective to spent a majority of your budget (we dont know what the budget is) on one player

Whats to say we do sign him & next season he is not as effective as he is now

So many balls to juggle in regard to budget & player recruitment- football is fluid & silly season is nearly here (transfer window)

We have to trust the judgement of the management regarding Va Va Voom - he is not our player & no doubt discussions are going on in the background regarding January & summer transfer window

I will just enjoy watching him whilst he is in a green shirt & if we are able to sign him that will be a bonus but not to the detriment in other areas of player recruitment

Apr 1, 2009
SO WITH aRGYLE (UNBELIEVABLY) TO GET ANOTHER £450K OR SO FROM THE PL AS A COVID SURVIVAL GRANT HOW BETTER WAY TO SPEND ITY THAN BUYING OUR RYAN?????
As a matter of interest, would our insurers be interested in this grant? Having paid Argyle the maximum payout in lieu of the effect of Covid, would they be happy to see Argyle receiving further Covid compo from another source? Could the insurers demand some money back? All down to the small print I guess.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I think the thing is we could acquire another player on loan, free transfer or small transfer fee that could possibly be as good as Ryan Broom. So to me spending £500k on Broom is extremely bad business.
But not half as bad as Luggy spending the same amount on a certain Scottish striker who had the ability to salute the Devonport End supporters several seasons ago in Harvey Smith style

Sep 6, 2006
Do you actually believe RFC don't have a network of scouts all over England checking out players everywhere, and that they wouldn't be closely looking at the league leaders in L1 and reporting back?
Not convinced they would be taking much interest in League 1.

Jan 6, 2004
This doesn’t make sense, he will be worth nothing at the end of his 3 year contract, the hope if we do buy him for a fee will be that if he continues to perform at this level either the price and his wages will be worth it spread over the 3 years of his contract with us or we can sell him on for more after a year when there is still 2 years left on his contract and he is still only 26ish

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
What League were they in then?

They'd just been promoted to the Scottish Prem. So while they have reached a new level since, I don't think it's out of the question they'd be looking in League One.

As we know from experience (McHugh, Hartley), there are plenty of players in the English lower leagues that can more that do a job in the Scottish Prem.

That said, they are probably looking at players that can do a job in Europe at this point.