Rumours | Page 25 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
greensalt":2pjwie97 said:
macleanie":2pjwie97 said:
oldage":2pjwie97 said:
Martyn":2pjwie97 said:
I would prefer a very good Ryan Hardie, to a 33 year old
Absolutely. Hardie would be the one player I would love us to sign.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Hardie was a top player too but I think Hallett would prefer Maynard as he's a free agent and would only command signing on and agent fee's whereas Hardie would require that and no doubt a transfer fee as he's under contract and young with potential. I can't imagine Maynards wages are cheap but he'll be much more affordable.

He's been in great scoring form the past couple years and is currently joint second in the scoring charts in League 2 with 14 this season.

Hardie would be a far better investment in the long run. If he joined us and develops as I expect him to, he could be worth a lot of money in a couple years time.

I like the thought, but when cash flow is a trickle, money to pay wages of already signed up players, cannot be used twice to pay inward transfer fee/s. That is the dilemma.

Jan 2, 2019
Maynard last year but not in a higher division when he is a year older. Hardie is worth considering thought he had something about him.

Jun 27, 2019
Zoo Corner on this very thread said he'd heard the following from "Ryan himself":

'Also Hardie deal is going to be made permanent when the window opens. Just finalising the finer details.'

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Strange - the Blackpool retained list includes Ryan Edwards (and Hardie). I thought I'd seen that Edwards was linked with a move to Salford so does that mean Blackpool are putting players out on the cheap or that just these rumours are bollox.

Cant see anyone paying anything other than a nominal fee for anyone at the current time.

Jul 12, 2016
WoodsyGreen":3l5k8bwf said:
Zoo Corner on this very thread said he'd heard the following from "Ryan himself":

'Also Hardie deal is going to be made permanent when the window opens. Just finalising the finer details.'

I really hope that the deal goes ahead but that post was over 5 weeks ago and a lot could have happened in that time. Blackpool may decide to stick with their current players rather than bring in new, Hallett may no longer be prepared to sanction the signing,Hardie may have changed his mind etc etc

Jun 27, 2019
Blackpool's top scorer rejected a new contract and has left, which you'd think would make them reluctant to let Hardie leave.

Throw in the fact they'll want their money back (the fee they paid Rangers was undisclosed but thought to be more than £100k), and I just can't see it happening.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
it looks as if the ex-Liverpool under 21 coach is going through a testing time at Blackpool in the post Oyston regime. What ever the position with young Hardie, I would have thought the coach's past relationship with Liverpool would put him in a good position to benefit from the loan of players from them.Obviously I would like to Hardie again playing in a green shirt, but given the current financial state of the game, I will not be putting a lot of money on it.

Mar 8, 2016
Never gonna happen, like most league one and two clubs we don’t have a pot to pee in. We won’t be buying anyone, hardie, cooper or anyone else. Youth and free transfers hoping it pays off will be our transfer policy.

Feb 8, 2005
The Club was losing money BEFORE lockdown. The added income from the grandstand will not now be coming our way until the virus can be kept under control, so NO, there will be no money to spend on the team other than what is budgeted for, and that will be less than in previous seasons, me thinks.

Nov 9, 2008
DartingtonPilgrim":1itd62k8 said:
How about Jake Doyle-Hayes , central midfielder who has spent the season on loan at Cheltenham , just released by Aston Villa .

Great for us in the Premier League on my Football Manager game! Sign him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.