Rumours | Page 26 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2011
Army green":1ja9f8n4 said:
Never gonna happen, like most league one and two clubs we don’t have a pot to pee in. We won’t be buying anyone, hardie, cooper or anyone else. Youth and free transfers hoping it pays off will be our transfer policy.

Obviously we, as with many other clubs, are going to have a reduced budget. I cannot sensible L1 or L2 paying any significant fees for players. But... if all the teams are reducing their budgets, it means that the better L1 and L2 players will have to lower their wage demands or face being unemployed. So signing higher profile L1 or L2 players is not definitely out of picture.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The local newspaper in Portsmouth has linked Argyle with a move for striker Brett Pitman ... The News

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":5hil43u8 said:
The local newspaper in Portsmouth has linked Argyle with a move for striker Brett Pitman ... The News

We’ve been linked with him before, haven’t we?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
GreenThing":39j0egwm said:
PL2 3DQ":39j0egwm said:

We’ve been linked with him before, haven’t we?

Yes, Lowe admitted in January he wanted to sign him ... The News

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
That may be wishful thinking by the journalist.
He is just speculating that ‘Plymouth and Swindon could be interested’.
We may not be interested now we are in League 1. I’d rather we signed Nicky Maynard if we are going for an experienced striker.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Pitman only played 507 minutes for the first team this season. The equivalent of five and a half games. He did score 3 goals though.

Jul 12, 2016
Slightly off topic but when can EFL clubs start to sign players?
Did RL suggest end of July? Seems a long way off?

Jun 27, 2019
Contracts expire on June 30 but they have a month's pay until the end of July. They can sign for another club on July 1 but RL was speculating that many will hold off accepting offers from elsewhere because they've got the security of an extra month's pay.

Sounds like a bit of a gamble to me but I'm not a footballer.

Apr 1, 2009
WoodsyGreen":ct93axy4 said:
Contracts expire on June 30 but they have a month's pay until the end of July. They can sign for another club on July 1 but RL was speculating that many will hold off accepting offers from elsewhere because they've got the security of an extra month's pay.

Sounds like a bit of a gamble to me but I'm not a footballer.

I think that this year it's the clubs holding off agreeing contracts until the end of July, rather than the players. Usually they need players signing now and starting pre-season. With no resumption in sight at the moment, why sign players who are being paid by someone else for the next month? At the end of July there will be thousands of footballers desperate for jobs, so wage demands will fall.

Aug 5, 2016
davie nine":2zqb53rv said:
We may not be interested now we are in League 1. I’d rather we signed Nicky Maynard if we are going for an experienced striker.

What would that be based on?

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
I read somewhere that the vote about salary caps and squad sizes is taking place on the 29 July so until all that is finalised, I don't imagine we well make too many signings. I know RL said yesterday that he got a couple of players interested but it is at an early stage.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Knibbsworth":19lyrhc3 said:
davie nine":19lyrhc3 said:

Based on my opinion that Nicky Maynard would fit better into RL’s system than Pitman, that’s all.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Matt Macey on the bench for arsenal today

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Knibbsworth":3s609d3u said:
davie nine":3s609d3u said:

I would back Tug on that. Pitman always looks overweight despite his obvious quality in front of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.