Rumours | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
The problem we have with signing new players is there are so many in knowns.

Hallett has already said he will not commit the club to contracts they might not be able to afford, so I would imagine offers will include stepped wages for when crowds return. Players will naturally not like this and hold out to see what other offers they are getting.

Adding to that the season for many hasn't finished yet, and we are actually unsure when the new season will start.

I do not think whilst they are so many unknowns we will see many if any, new signings. Fans are going to need to be patient.

Stuart House":tszv1dku said:
The problem we have with signing new players is there are so many in knowns.

Hallett has already said he will not commit the club to contracts they might not be able to afford, so I would imagine offers will include stepped wages for when crowds return. Players will naturally not like this and hold out to see what other offers they are getting.

Adding to that the season for many hasn't finished yet, and we are actually unsure when the new season will start.

I do not think whilst they are so many unknowns we will see many if any, new signings. Fans are going to need to be patient.

Agree. Can you imagine any business where you you would take on new staff before you had a clue when your business could continue trading, what your potential revenues might be, and what your future costs might be. If you had any sense you would sit on your hands, minimise your costs and wait for the future possibilities to become apparent.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
We were by far the better team against Bristol in the FA Cup. Only a fluke deflected cross saw them secure the win and probably the best save of the tournament.

In one off FA Cup games you can get unlucky and lose the tie. Over the course of a season playing like that will provide more results than loses.

We do need plenty of reasonable incomings to compete better though. There's a lot of influential players from last season that aren't with us for next. Be patient though, we've got a good set up and will recruit well before the season starts.

Feb 23, 2008
Not sure how to post images but has anyone else seen the John Lucas post a few days ago and Dom Telford's today posing with Nicky Maynard?

Jun 27, 2019
He was doing some conditioning training with Maynard and Wootton. Not sure if that means we're signing him but I'd be a bit weird if one of our coaches was getting someone else's player fit.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Maynard would be a good signing. I know he’s 33, but so was Ryan Lowe when he played for a team who got promoted from L1 in 2012. Hope there’s something in this

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It's not THAT different to when players train with clubs to get fit, is it? And even less significant, as it's more personal than a formal club thing.

But... there must be a hell of a lot of banter and persuasion going on there to get him to Argyle.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Devongreenowl":7mjo0ucg said:
Yes, don’t k ow what his contract situation is at Mansfield. His manager IS Cocko though!

It’s a better rumour than the Lowe to Bolton one :whistle:

Offered a contract by Mansfield but not accepted it as far as we know.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
oddball":2vxwbu4k said:
Palmer Hardie and Cooper were top drawer players and got us to where we were when the league was halted...need to get similar players in if we are to hold our own.....

That all three were instrumental in helping us to is beyond doubt but "top drawer players" as they arrived might be overstating it a little

Palmer, previous League experience 2 emergency loans of one game each

Hardie, languishing in Blackpool reserve team

Cooper, unable to get into the Posh first team.

So we sent back better players than when they arrived, effectively, which is why loans work both ways....it may well be as a result of what they achieved here they are now better thought of at their parent club and if so we thank them and move on...they were never "ours" we simply borrowed them and looked after them well.

Which means when RL and SS and ND make the calls for next season we are likely to be well up the list over last season for players that clubs a re seeking to develop via loan

Status
Not open for further replies.