Plymouth photos. | Page 39 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth photos.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
View attachment 13539View attachment 13539“Jumbo” Jack Chisholm, being painted by my grandmother in her basement studio , College Avenue Mutley.

What a brilliant Photo, I'm sure Bob Wright (PAHA) will be in touch.

At this moment in time, that painting is stuck in a cupboard, with the club saying 'they may want to show it in the future' which is worryingly vague.

It was in the Jack Chisholm Lounge for many a year, but at this moment in time, it's not being shown off at it should be. Lack of space probably. :(

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
What a brilliant Photo, I'm sure Bob Wright (PAHA) will be in touch.

At this moment in time, that painting is stuck in a cupboard, with the club saying 'they may want to show it in the future' which is worryingly vague.

It was in the Jack Chisholm Lounge for many a year, but at this moment in time, it's not being shown off at it should be. Lack of space probably. :(
That’s a pity, hopefully can be shown in the future. Happy to send the original photo to Bob or you if you can provide a mailing address.

IMG_0737.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
That’s a pity, hopefully can be shown in the future. Happy to send the original photo to Bob or you if you can provide a mailing address.
You have a PM Peter.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
The
Second photo down is where I used to get the 45 (or 46) bus home to Leigham from Sutton High.

There was a cafe on the top level where I opened by O level results with my parents.

Same cafe where some Poly students had some fun having glued some coins to the pavement laughing at people trying to pick them up. My mum went out when we left and kicked them loose and picked them up :)

Dec 28, 2023
Not sure if it’s been mentioned on this thread but I picked up ‘A plan for Plymouth’ a few years ago, an excellent book on rebuilding Plymouth post war with lots of proposed plans and photos.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

Bovey Green lady

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Not sure if it’s been mentioned on this thread but I picked up ‘A plan for Plymouth’ a few years ago, an excellent book on rebuilding Plymouth post war with lots of proposed plans and photos.
Was this the Abercrombie plan?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.