Plymouth Argyle's new manager? | Page 105 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle's new manager?

Who do you want? New poll 25 May

• Ian Holloway

Votes: 114 50.0%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Michael Flynn

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Jocelyn Gourvennec

Votes: 25 11.0%
  • Keith Hill

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adam Sadler

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Warren Joyce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 23 10.1%
  • Ryan Lowe

Votes: 26 11.4%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Whoever is eventually revealed, I hope to Christ we don't get treated to the usual 'this club is a sleeping giant', 'deserves to be a Premier League club' guff that seems to get trotted out. Heard it ALL before too many times to take it seriously anymore. :lol:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Actually, compared to many of the clubs in the 4th tier, it is a sleeping giant.
Unfortunately, it has been sleeping for so long, none of us know when it will wake up.
We thought it had woken 2 years ago but now it has gone back to sleep.

Mar 23, 2019
Emeraldinho":3n4gz7lg said:
Whoever is eventually revealed, I hope to Christ we don't get treated to the usual 'this club is a sleeping giant', 'deserves to be a Premier League club' guff that seems to get trotted out. Heard it ALL before too many times to take it seriously anymore. :lol:

We are literally the definition of a sleeping giant, just because we haven't woke up yet, doesn't mean it's not true.

The potential Argyle has is mammoth.

Mar 23, 2008
Indeed we are a sleeping giant but just when we seem to be on an upward curve, something goes wrong.

Look at smaller/comparably sized teams such as Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Hull City, Blackpool and a few more who have been in the Premier League. Dare to dream but one day we might take off!

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Emeraldinho":6v0bdml9 said:
How about "this bloody club has been in a deep coma for decades now........ and I'm hoping to make it blink a bit"

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
ivordewdney":2od69osk said:
Potential reasons for delay ,
1.Interviews delayed by events eg Flynn tied up with final ,lot of football people shot off on holiday immediately season ended
2.First choice dithering eg Lowe not wanting to be first to leave sinking ship at Bury
3.Candidates have other options to consider incl staying put and see what their current club promise for next season in terms of their salary and playing budget compared with what Argyle have to offer
4.waiting for contract or old club links to end eg Hollywood’s with QPR or an existing player who now wants player / manager or manager role who is still being paid by existing club til 1 June
5. Sheer incompetence ,unlikely given Hallett driving this process
2 seems the most likely then. Surely it's time to move on from him then and give one of the other candidates the job? Plenty others on the bookie's list.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
phil-thefluter24":2nwsu51w said:
GreenGoblin":2nwsu51w said:
It's a weird scenario. We had our man. Then we didn't. Now no one knows much at all.

Whoever ends up in home park I pray they do a cracking job. That's all I want.
And hit the ground running boy will they need to
Holloway would be the best person to achieve that.
Yeah he was disloyal last time but so are most managers these days.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
davie nine":3a6htrdc said:
Actually, compared to many of the clubs in the 4th tier, it is a sleeping giant.
Unfortunately, it has been sleeping for so long, none of us know when it will wake up.
We thought it had woken 2 years ago but now it has gone back to sleep.

I’d say we’re dozing.. :shifty:

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Hmm, more like semi-comatose, wake up for a pee then go back to sleep again. Rigormortis must be a real danger at this rate! :lol:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
r4h4al":1la93f1x said:
phil-thefluter24":1la93f1x said:
GreenGoblin":1la93f1x said:
It's a weird scenario. We had our man. Then we didn't. Now no one knows much at all.

Whoever ends up in home park I pray they do a cracking job. That's all I want.
And hit the ground running boy will they need to
Holloway would be the best person to achieve that.
Yeah he was disloyal last time but so are most managers these days.

Agreed. If we’re talking getting the current squad motivated mentally and tactically and bringing in a few quality signings I can’t think of anyone better than Ian Holloway to get the crowds back quickly and achieve promotion at the first time of asking...

Really really hoping Holloway comes back to awaken the potential that we have as a club. :thumbup: