Plymouth Argyle's new manager? | Page 108 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle's new manager?

Who do you want? New poll 25 May

• Ian Holloway

Votes: 114 50.0%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Michael Flynn

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Jocelyn Gourvennec

Votes: 25 11.0%
  • Keith Hill

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adam Sadler

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Warren Joyce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 23 10.1%
  • Ryan Lowe

Votes: 26 11.4%

• Total voters
Laido":2kjyior4 said:
feeling frustrated by this whole debacle..is he, isn't he our manager? more twists than Eastenders and Corrie put together. Come along now Mr Hallett, lets get this done..we have interest in key players to consider and contracts to be signed/re-sign. Time is a ticking... :banghead:

Can’t understand why you call this a debacle Laido. DA wasn’t appointed until June 10th and, like then, the board is keeping properly quiet until they have something to say. Assuming they are still in the the middle of the recruitment process, what else would you expect Hallett to do? Argyle’s management can hardly be blamed for the hype, rumours and expectations built up on pasoti.

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
Laido":3n1p1f5a said:
feeling frustrated by this whole debacle..is he, isn't he our manager? more twists than Eastenders and Corrie put together. Come along now Mr Hallett, lets get this done..we have interest in key players to consider and contracts to be signed/re-sign. Time is a ticking... :banghead:

Absolutely right. The transfer merry-go-round has started and I fear we will be left behind with the dross to choose from. As always, the Plymouth (area) way. A disease picked up by PAFC. Someone please make a firking decision. If Lowe is umming and aahing do a Brexit Party and walk away. There will be other (possibly more) qualified ones out there. Hallett may have put his red lines down but will have to compromise.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Martyn":7kipby4b said:
ivordewdney":7kipby4b said:
Holloway star guest at SWP league presentation dinner on Sat at Crowne Plaza on the Hoe , anyone going ? He’s bound to make some comment either way and if it’s not him ,unlikely club would announce new manager (esp if he was interviewed ) while he is in town that would distract from the big announcement and deflects spotlight from new man

Jesus, get a life

Yes Martyn, you bore a lot of us :shh:

Jan 2, 2019
I think it’s time for Argyle to tell Lowe either take the job or they’ll move on. It’s been going on for too long. The squad needs to be rebuilt and that’s not going to happen with all this dithering. Hallett or Parkinson needs to take ownership of the situation. Lowe isn’t the messiah just a lower division manager, either he wants it or he doesn’t.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
WoodfordWall":2frz0nbx said:
I think it’s time for Argyle to tell Lowe either take the job or they’ll move on. It’s been going on for too long. The squad needs to be rebuilt and that’s not going to happen with all this dithering. Hallett or Parkinson needs to take ownership of the situation. Lowe isn’t the messiah just a lower division manager, either he wants it or he doesn’t.

Maybe, just maybe we already have told him enough is enough.

Maybe, we didn't offer anything beyond what was reported officially (that we asked to talk to him).

Maybe, he's already taken the job and is going to do a full press conference when he's back from Madrid, meanwhile issued a list of targets and our board etc are hunting them down while he's off on his trip.

I would say 1 of the 3 above are correct, but as it stands nothing official is known and everything else is assumption and hearsay.

Let's not always take the negative stance on this, until something official is released it's like Schrodinger's cat.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Willis88":1c5da6xh said:
WoodfordWall":1c5da6xh said:

Maybe, he's already taken the job and is going to do a full press conference when he's back from Madrid, meanwhile issued a list of targets and our board etc are hunting them down while he's off on his trip.

Based on what I have been told, by someone usually in the know and pretty accurate, this is the case and Lowe is 100% a done deal.

Rumour though until official, I do appreciate.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
WoodfordWall":3ftzl53e said:

Apparently that’s what was said to him on Tuesday.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Argyleloyal87":2972dttu said:
WoodfordWall":2972dttu said:

Apparently that’s what was said to him on Tuesday.
Really!! So which one of the club’s representatives, apparently, “said that to him on Tuesday”?
Was it the same source who told PMPilgrim, skynet and Saturday Service that it was a ‘done deal’ a week ago?

Sep 25, 2010
Green as Grass":2q4cqca2 said:
So what did Ian Holloway have to say about things at Elburton on Saturday night ?

That I am now going for the Kilmarnock job, as the Green Army does not want me.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Martyn":797beh4u said:
Green as Grass":797beh4u said:
So what did Ian Holloway have to say about things at Elburton on Saturday night ?

Is that true? Very sad if so. He's the clear favourite in the poll on here which, in some way, represents the views of the supporters. We could end up with no-one if we're not very careful.

May 28, 2019
Green as Grass":au4qmtbm said:
why do people think he was at elburton, he was at the grand plaza on the hoe ,which is where he was the guest speaker, and the swpl held their presentation evening,there are plenty pictures on the swpl twitter and website .. and that is where he stayed ,friday and saturday, i do not know where elburton comes into it...

Apr 1, 2009
Martyn":vs3qm5bg said:
Green as Grass":vs3qm5bg said:

If that's exactly what he said, then it's very strange as it's evident that a significant part of the Green Army did want him! If he didn't get the job then it's down to the fact that the Board didn't want him. Or, that he didn't apply for it in the first place, as has been rumoured.