Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumours | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumours

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Jon Nolan being mentioned on twitter. A good player although we are pretty well stacked in CM.

Was excellent for Shrewsbury when they reached the playoff final, but just come back from a long term knee injury. As we’ve seen with George Cooper, that is problematic.

I’m not sure I’d understand this one to be honest, if it does happen.

Reactions: Lustymike9
Apr 28, 2019
Physical presence outside the box too. I think we just disagree on the definition of a target man. I keep saying I don't advocate hoofing it up aimlessly although sometimes there is no choice.
A well directed long ball directed towards the opposition corner flag for someone like Garrick or Hardie to run for, would be better than 'hoofing it aimlessly' in my opinion

Apr 28, 2019
So why does nobody do hard low corners though?
It's not such an easy thing to do. Have you tried ? How many strikers shoot over the bar. Its a bit of a skill to keep it low. Usually its achieved via a short corner, but that gives defending teams a chance to close you down.

Reactions: Drake
Sep 6, 2006
We would have nothing to lose by trying this tactic every now and again. We aren't having much sucess floating the ball in. A low hard cross would be difficult to defend.
I think it would be easier to defend which is why nobody does it.

Apr 28, 2019
I think it would be easier to defend which is why nobody does it.
No, not easier.

There's a risk of hand ball and a penalty being conceded, it's a great 'leveller' in that it annuls height advantage and the attacking team benefits because they will know roughly where the ball is going

Jan 12, 2020
Nothing says lack of rumours on transfer deadline day than a discussion on corner routines!

FWIW I can’t imagine a low driven corner would beat the first man very often….

Reactions: Dan Ellard
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
This thread has drifted from 'transfers' to the apparent ineffectiveness of corners as an opportunity to score. When I played football many years ago I looked upon corners as hopefully an advantageous opportunity to score derived from attacking pressure upon the opponents defence. I do not know the stats, which indicate the number of goals scored as an outcome from an attacking corner these days, but it is my thought that corners are no longer the positive action that they used to be. This is brought about by concentrating defending in big numbers in the penalty area and the virtual man handling by defenders against the opposition, which is seemingly accepted by referees. I refer to the arms 'loosely' arranged around the attacking opposition's upper torso. The blocking of Mike Cooper at Fleetwood is also a casing point. I do believe the FA should be looking at this whole issue for the betterment of the game.

Reactions: HerthaBSC
Sep 6, 2006
Nothing says lack of rumours on transfer deadline day than a discussion on corner routines!

FWIW I can’t imagine a low driven corner would beat the first man very often….
Exactly. I think the Hertha chap is a little confused.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Latterly, I have been very critical of Argyle ?

Why ?

Playing with little or no shape - can Brunt play with Randell play with Houghton - as an example ?

The defence have been at sixes and sevens - I believe, we are a patch of the team from several weeks ago ?

Is rotation working ?

Has it spoilt the essence of the team ?

Let you observers pick the bones !!
Left in 2016.

Reactions: Bil