Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumours | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumours

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Nothing says lack of rumours on transfer deadline day than a discussion on corner routines!

FWIW I can’t imagine a low driven corner would beat the first man very often….
That would depend on if you are aiming at the near post which often has a man covering it. Drilling a ball to then penalty spot/edge of the box is a different story.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Chris Errington reckons Argyle linked with loan move for 21-year-old Fulham defender or midfielder Steven Sessegnon.

Apr 28, 2019
This thread has drifted from 'transfers' to the apparent ineffectiveness of corners as an opportunity to score. When I played football many years ago I looked upon corners as hopefully an advantageous opportunity to score derived from attacking pressure upon the opponents defence. I do not know the stats, which indicate the number of goals scored as an outcome from an attacking corner these days, but it is my thought that corners are no longer the positive action that they used to be. This is brought about by concentrating defending in big numbers in the penalty area and the virtual man handling by defenders against the opposition, which is seemingly accepted by referees. I refer to the arms 'loosely' arranged around the attacking opposition's upper torso. The blocking of Mike Cooper at Fleetwood is also a casing point. I do believe the FA should be looking at this whole issue for the betterment of the game.
The ineffectiveness of officials is a possible benefit as well as a threat. A low hit corner, at waist height would be difficult for a keeper to collect and might easily result in a hand ball and penalty. Sorry to appear cynical but this is the game we play now.

The arm locking also, can be exploited. With arms locked, the opposition defenders are out of the game; an Argyle player stays deep, around the D, then appears in the box at the last second to knock it in

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
👀incoming
Steven Sessegnon will sign on loan from Fulham, twin to Ryan who plays for Spurs.
Great news if true… 👍

Feb 9, 2021
👀incoming
Steven Sessegnon will sign on loan from Fulham, twin to Ryan who plays for Spurs.
I really hope this is not true
If he was an established league 1 player then fine but we seem to keep signing players Neil dewsnip has worked with or known from his England days
No disrespect to steven as I hope he does well but signing him on top of Lewis who is very slight and critchlow who dosent seem ready for this level at the moment
A background in youth football will not help dewsnip or Argyle get the right players plus what about our own aspiring young players
This is not a criticism of any of the signings but I just feel league or 2 experience would be of greater help at the moment
I hope I'm wrong!

Reactions: Larry David
Jul 12, 2016
I really hope this is not true
If he was an established league 1 player then fine but we seem to keep signing players Neil dewsnip has worked with or known from his England days
No disrespect to steven as I hope he does well but signing him on top of Lewis who is very slight and critchlow who dosent seem ready for this level at the moment
A background in youth football will not help dewsnip or Argyle get the right players plus what about our own aspiring young players
This is not a criticism of any of the signings but I just feel league or 2 experience would be of greater help at the moment
I hope I'm wrong!
if it ain't a criticism what is it?,