Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 77 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Lancastergreen

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ
Cream First
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Whether you like it or not oldage is quite right.
Ijn is too, its a solid base but we all know that it needs to be a regular thing to succeed.
8500 season tickets is great but if we have a mare of a season (I don't think we will) then you can't say we are heading in the right direction if only 6000 are sold the year after.
Football is no longer a game its a business and though I don't think we will ever fall into mire like we did in recent times, we do need to be mindful that results is the be all and end all of our aspirations to become a sustainable club who wish to have a go at bigger clubs in the championship one day.
Although I am sceptical about Hallett I will admit he is doing a great job, he's thrown money at the stadium and made it look all pretty etc, and has a nice rainy day Fund for future spending on items for the stadium.
What we have in our favour is a chairman who is savvy and tight (transfers) a young manager who has a huge back room staff and players who are tied on contracts not looking to leave (camera possible exception).
I've never bought in to location being a reasonable excuse, Plymouth hasn't moved and players will come if the top dogs can sell the dream to their targets.
Wages are paid according to what a player is worth so budget is nonsense too, just means we can't sign 10k a week players.
We are currently a field of dreams set, build it and they will come, the sequel is called, based on results.

Reactions: oldage

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Apr 25, 2016

justanotherfan

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
๐Ÿš‘ Steve Hooper
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
It will be interesting to see how many of those renew their ST's if we struggle next season

It must be being so cheerful that keeps you going.

JannerinCardiff

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ
โ™ฃ๏ธ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Agree to an extent, but momentum, togetherness, belief, proper governance, even quality of life, are also important factors in success stories. It's not just about finance.

In any case, 3 relatively strapped-for-cash teams have come down from the Championship, to replace some of last season's bigger spenders. Meanwhile our playng budget has increased.

Par for Argyle is 7th or 8th, I'd say.
So who are the 16-17
Bali Mumba Norwich City Right back ? 5ft 6inch tall

He can play LB too.

Feb 15, 2005
Surely a nightmare season would be r
Whether you like it or not oldage is quite right.
Ijn is too, its a solid base but we all know that it needs to be a regular thing to succeed.
8500 season tickets is great but if we have a mare of a season (I don't think we will) then you can't say we are heading in the right direction if only 6000 are sold the year after.
Football is no longer a game its a business and though I don't think we will ever fall into mire like we did in recent times, we do need to be mindful that results is the be all and end all of our aspirations to become a sustainable club who wish to have a go at bigger clubs in the championship one day.
Although I am sceptical about Hallett I will admit he is doing a great job, he's thrown money at the stadium and made it look all pretty etc, and has a nice rainy day Fund for future spending on items for the stadium.
What we have in our favour is a chairman who is savvy and tight (transfers) a young manager who has a huge back room staff and players who are tied on contracts not looking to leave (camera possible exception).
I've never bought in to location being a reasonable excuse, Plymouth hasn't moved and players will come if the top dogs can sell the dream to their targets.
Wages are paid according to what a player is worth so budget is nonsense too, just means we can't sign 10k a week players.
We are currently a field of dreams set, build it and they will come, the sequel is called, based on results.
Surely If we have a nightmare of a season then that would have to mean relegation which would be a new manager and a host of new players? Therefore a fair percentage of ST would not renew for Div 2 football. A poor season would be avoiding relegation and a subsequent drop off in ST sales but not as bad as the nightmare scenario.

Reactions: bringonthemilkman

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Surely a nightmare season would be r

Surely If we have a nightmare of a season then that would have to mean relegation which would be a new manager and a host of new players? Therefore a fair percentage of ST would not renew for Div 2 football. A poor season would be avoiding relegation and a subsequent drop off in ST sales but not as bad as the nightmare scenario.
I'll be renewing next season unless we appoint Steve Evans and Gareth Ainsworth as joint managers with Peter Swan as Customer Relations Officer.

I'm sorry but I've got my ST, I'm mildly interested in how many we have sold but not bothered because I've got mine! I'm also immediately interested in this season, this team, our first games and the fixture list, looking forward to it.
To even think about next season before April seems bizarre to me and to worry about what might happen in a year's time? That borders on obsessive.

I love Argyle (can't remember when I didn't), I love this season (usually have), I don't worry about the longer term (never have).
Football is a: 'Enjoy it now, we've got Bolton next Saturday!!'sort of game.
If you want future doom and gloom you want Nostradamus Rangers FC!!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
Jul 28, 2010
I'll be renewing next season unless we appoint Steve Evans and Gareth Ainsworth as joint managers with Peter Swan as Customer Relations Officer.

I'm sorry but I've got my ST, I'm mildly interested in how many we have sold but not bothered because I've got mine! I'm also immediately interested in this season, this team, our first games and the fixture list, looking forward to it.
To even think about next season before April seems bizarre to me and to worry about what might happen in a year's time? That borders on obsessive.

I love Argyle (can't remember when I didn't), I love this season (usually have), I don't worry about the longer term (never have).
Football is a: 'Enjoy it now, we've got Bolton next Saturday!!'sort of game.
If you want future doom and gloom you want Nostradamus Rangers FC!!
but what if we keep playing in dark green??

• Haha
Reactions: saxman

Lancastergreen

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ
Cream First
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth

Bryan Tregunna

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Sep 22, 2003
I reckon our first game next season will be Leeds United away (and I'll have dozens of chickens that have hatched)