Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 75 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d argue we could afford a player if the desire was that strong.

We won’t go around paying fees Willy nilly but if a serious player with a suitable market value became available and we could make it financially viable then I think the club would support as best it could.

£500k for a proven goal scorer at a good age and medical condition will hold there value. Potently increase it if a season proves to a success.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a little pot of money is there for that special player if the management team could put a strong case together
There’s zero chance we’ll be spending 500k on anyone . That’s laughable quite frankly.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Did I miss something? Has that been officially announced?
Yes on PAFC website. He was one of the 10 scholarship players. 8 we’re from within the argyle academy- and two came in from outside. 1 from Bristol City and the other (Cole Gibbings) from Swansea.

Apr 30, 2011
That’s a working budget over a period off time to be sustainable.

We have a contingency amount that we have from unbudgeted income and transfer sales.
I reckon we have more money in the bank than Sheff Wednesday, for example. But their worth as a business in terms of turnover and assets would dwarf us.

I suppose it's akin to someone earning 50k a year, owning a brand new BMW, renting a nice apartment on the Hoe and having several female/male 'acquaintances' whilst matey up the road earns 25k a year, drives a 2010 Ford Focus, has 2.4 kids but has 10 years left on his mortgage before he owns his 3 bed semi outright?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Apr 4, 2004
Hallett doesn't care about the team to buy players, get the stadium shiny for a sell on.
That's the stupidest thing I've read on here for a while and there have been a few crackers. You're knocking our owner who's looking to me like the the best we've ever had. In case you didn't notice the team is really good at the moment. It’s also been added to by two very strong signings.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Schumacher says one deal is pretty much done and he would like another two new signings.
Hopefully one of these is a striker.

Reactions: max and Argyleloyal

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Schumacher says one deal is pretty much done and he would like another two warcnew signings.
Hopefully one of these is a striker.

Not hopefully, Shuey said one of 3 is a forward, given that as we play with 2 forwards that we need 4 in the squad.

Jul 28, 2020
Lincoln city are set to sign Danny mandriou 23 from shamrock rovers according to the Irish independent

Mandriou a Republic of Ireland international is an attacking midfielder famed for his spectacular goals ( often from distance)

According to the report because of his contractual situation he is allowed to leave the club for a modest fee this summer

Mandriou finished second leading scorer behind Georgie Kelly last season

A real shame if this report is true - I would love to have hoped that Argyle would have been interested

The report also adds that MKDons are back in for bohemians young winger Dawson Davoy, following the collapse of their previous move for the player in January