Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Jun 24, 2008
Reading into Woodyard, he doesn't seem a bad option to be fair. Certainly need to be more combative in midfield.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Houghton’s real strength seems to be game management and organising the team. When he gets a lot of the ball we play well, when he doesn’t I think contributes by occupying other players marking him or creating space for others. I think he is an intelligent footballer. And up until the last 2 months of the season many fans were praising his impact.

However as other posters have said he does not have the defensive and physical presence of other holding midfielders. I can see a situation where he is here for one more season and we look to sign a replacement or competition for him next season. I think Randell might compete in the number 8 roles.

Reactions: Penmaster
Feb 8, 2005
Nothing much going on, generally, for clubs, in the transfer market, yet, but Dewsnip expects thing to improve in a week or two.

Argyle will be looking to extend some current contracts through the season, as most of the squad's contracts expire at the end of the season.

Extending Contracts

Argyle not looking to sell Cooper, and he is not looking to go.

Cooper

Oct 15, 2017
Agree. He’s ok but lacks anything specific. Randell has such an eye for a pass and can be the deep lying playmaker that we need.

If Randell doesn’t make thy position his own next season then I’d be surprised. Whatever happens, I don’t expect to see Houghton having as much game time

Agree I'm not a fan and would like to see Randell in that position.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Agree I'm not a fan and would like to see Randell in that position.
I feel that Jordan Houghton edges the comparison by virtue of being 3 inches taller than Adam Randell. In the midfield anchor role protecting the back three, the greater height is a plus factor in winning aerial duels when the ball is partially headed clear by the back three, in defending both open play and set pieces, IMHO

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I feel that Jordan Houghton edges the comparison by virtue of being 3 inches taller than Adam Randell. In the midfield anchor role protecting the back three, the greater height is a plus factor in winning aerial duels when the ball is partially headed clear by the back three, in defending both open play and set pieces, IMHO

I don’t remember Houghton winning many aerial duals all season tbf. Also another benefit of Randell over Houghton would be that Randell provides better dead ball deliveries than Houghton and can actually score from a set-piece himself as he proved in brilliant style away at Sheff Wed this season.

Reactions: East End Green
Jul 12, 2016
Assuming Schuey and Lowe are still mates surely they would discuss any players leaving PNE ? Both know the type of players we need.

Jul 28, 2020
Michael Cooper to Norwich?

I am re- assured to know that Argyle these days is run by astute businessmen. What’s the best possible way to drive up the price on the sale of any asset. Simple. “ Not for sale”. I applaud their stance on Michael and panutche.And if they both end up staying- so much the better for Argyle fans next season.

Re the link above. I would associate myself with the recent comments from Neil Warnock ( not a bad idea to take him up on his offer to negotiate on Argyles behalf IMO). Don’t think Argyle will make the mistake of selling him to any club outside of England’s top 6 ( because that’s where he will inevitably end up IMO) or equivalent club abroad . Why would they? That would be the same mistake the club made when selling Milija alecksi to Luton ( who then made s large profit in re- selling Milija onto Spurs, shortly after)..

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff