Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Apr 30, 2011
Marlon Pack wouldn't be totally out of the question financially. He has no doubt earnt decent money over the years but a 2 or 3 year deal on slightly lower wages may tempt him. He has made a lot of appearance so doesn't appear to be injury prone.

Kieran Westwood (although a bit on the old side at 37) and Connor Ripley would be possible options to replace Coops if we sell him.

James Chester could be an experienced option in defence. Probably out of our budget, but in my view would be good to have another experienced centre back in the team. Wilson was available for almost every game last season, which went against the grain for him a bit given his record over the last few seasons. We will lack a bit experience and bite at the back if he was to start picking up injuries.

Reactions: notwop
Mar 16, 2009
London
To really compete next season it's clear we need high quality loan players(from Premier League teams) as we can't afford to buy.

So you've come round to my way of thinking 😁

Let's not forget though that loan players don't come free - depends on contribution to wages etc.

We can obviously afford permanent signings too, replacing any departures, since our playing budget has increased for next season.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I’d prefer Argyle to go the more younger route, if lm honest.

l understand the need for physicality but l feel more important is mobility.

We need people to get around the pitch. Playing 3ATB leaves big gaps at times. We need legs to cover these gaps.

Now we lost Camara, the only legs in engine room positions in our team (wing back / midfield) is Edwards.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Marlon Pack wouldn't be totally out of the question financially. He has no doubt earnt decent money over the years but a 2 or 3 year deal on slightly lower wages may tempt him. He has made a lot of appearance so doesn't appear to be injury prone.

Kieran Westwood (although a bit on the old side at 37) and Connor Ripley would be possible options to replace Coops if we sell him.

James Chester could be an experienced option in defence. Probably out of our budget, but in my view would be good to have another experienced centre back in the team. Wilson was available for almost every game last season, which went against the grain for him a bit given his record over the last few seasons. We will lack a bit experience and bite at the back if he was to start picking up injuries.tv
I’d love James Chester personally. Given this next contract might be his last we might be able to get him on wages we might be able to afford if we offered him a 2 year deal. He looked the part playing as part of a back 3 when playing for Wales and would adapt to our system like a duck to water. He’d also be able to play it out from the back which is key to our system.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2006
So you've come round to my way of thinking 😁

Let's not forget though that loan players don't come free - depends on contribution to wages etc.

We can obviously afford permanent signings too, replacing any departures, since our playing budget has increased for next season.
Eh? Your 'way of thinking' is that Camara will get us promoted.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Eh? Your 'way of thinking' is that Camara will get us promoted.

With the additional quality added to the squad, yes. I made the case for one or two higher quality loans from the Premier League to aid this. Never mind, as you were dear boy. No need to twist it into an argument.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I’d love James Chester personally. Given this next contract might be his last we might be able to get him on wages we might be able to afford if we offered him a 2 year deal. He looked the part playing as part of a back 3 when playing for Wales and would adapt to our system like a duck to water. He’d also be able to play it out from the back which is key to our system.
Plus he's an ex-Green

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021

Interesting, if true.

I have a Wednesday supporting mate who explained the number of loans they have at their club this season.

One is a goalkeeper, Peacock-Farrell, as their’s was on loan at Exeter City.

Got the impression they didn’t have money to spend on transfer fees last season. Be interesting if this is true just how much we get him for.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Social media clickbait- the document uploaded on the thread- Post on Owlstalk- wage bill in L1 showing they top the charts for wages by a country mile - if true is rather scary
Also if you add in their well documented financial woes & the EFL suspended points deduction- has their rather infamous Chairman found a magic money tree to fund a purchase
Pan will be linked to every football league club in the country & we are only at the start of the close season- this will rumble on until the player & club accept what they deem an acceptable price
Social media will churn out more rumours- i will just wait for the official statement on Argyle's website

Sep 6, 2006
Bigger so called clubs could have a bigger budget than us by a country mile & blatantly sign shed loads of players in the quest of promotion but it does not guarantee success
We have to be prudent with the budget we have allocated & probably think out of the box when it comes to recruitment
Some posters have mentioned premier league loanees- we have been their once before & look at how that situation unravelled
MK Dons had quality premiership loanees this season & still missed out
I have faith the management will get the targets that will enhance what we have - if other clubs in the league want to adopt the boom & bust attitude then so be it
That is not what we are about- we overachieved the season just gone- whats to say we are not going to do the same this coming season
Er I really don't think MK Dons is a good example!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010