Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Villa in for Cooper , only what I’ve been told , Argyle want add on clauses though.
I heard Villa and WBA. Think someone mentioned WBA keepers have extended there deals so I guess that leaves Villa

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I heard Villa and WBA. Think someone mentioned WBA keepers have extended there deals so I guess that leaves Villa
Ist: Martinez aged 29. Current Argentinian International keeper. described by Messi as the best keeper in the World.
Back up: Olsen. Aged 32. Current Swedish International keeper.
3rd: Sinisalo. Current Finnish Under 21 keeper.

Are they all out of contract? Olsen is on loan from Roma. Is he signing for Villa?
So where would Coops feature there? Ousting the 'best goalkeeper in the world' ? :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen
May 18, 2022
View attachment 3973

#incoming
The players Argyle have been linked with so far: TM is a link to player history at Transfermarkt website. YT is a link to a You Tube showreel of the player, if available.

Tyreece Simpson - Striker at Ipswich Town, on-loan at Swindon. TM. YT.
Ryan Broom - permanent transfer.
Jordon Garrick - permanent transfer.
Kion Etete - Striker at Tottenham Hotspur, loan. TM.
Nicky Cadden - winger/left midfielder at Forest Green Rovers. TM.
Aaron Pierre - centre-back released by Shrewsbury Town. TM.
Grant Ward - midfielder released by Blackpool. TM.
Christian Oxlade-Chamberlain - midfielder/defender at Aldershot Town. TM.
Alex Woodyard - midfielder at AFC Wimbledon.TM.
Ruel Sotiriou - striker at Leyton Orient. TM. YT.

#outgoing
Ollie Tomlinson
George Cooper - an agreement to leave.
Panutche Camara to Ipswich Town.
Panutche Camara to Peterborough United.
Panutche Camara to Sheffield Wednesday.
Michael Cooper to Norwich City.
Even though villa and WBA are interested in coope but what about Fulham they've been sniffing also

Reactions: Eastbourne Green
Apr 30, 2011
I’m still not convinced about Houghton personally. I don’t think he actually does start moves nor provides enough defensive security - for me he’s not a great tackler shown by the amount of yellows he’s had (and red) many of them because an opponent gets goal side of him.

I really want to see Randell given more game time - he seems a better tackler than Houghton and I also think he passes the ball quicker with either foot and more forward passes into midfield rather than Houghtons style which is more to play short passes into the defenders or wing backs.
You look at the positions that Houghton takes the ball. He makes it easy for our defenders, I doubt Randell is is comfortable taking the ball in such tight positions. I think we could find a better DM than Jordan but in terms of an overall midfielder, we would struggling to get any better. I really, really rate him. I'm just glad we have him for another season atleast.

Mar 15, 2010
plymouth
You look at the positions that Houghton takes the ball. He makes it easy for our defenders, I doubt Randell is is comfortable taking the ball in such tight positions. I think we could find a better DM than Jordan but in terms of an overall midfielder, we would struggling to get any better. I really, really rate him. I'm just glad we have him for another season atleast.
I agree was brilliant till last 2 months of season. What position was Alfie brought in to play?

Jul 27, 2021
Ist: Martinez aged 29. Current Argentinian International keeper. described by Messi as the best keeper in the World.
Back up: Olsen. Aged 32. Current Swedish International keeper.
3rd: Sinisalo. Current Finnish Under 21 keeper.

Are they all out of contract? Olsen is on loan from Roma. Is he signing for Villa?
So where would Coops feature there? Ousting the 'best goalkeeper in the world' ? :unsure:
Bingo 🤣🤣🤣. Like I said, a rumour posted on a rumours post ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jul 27, 2021
Houghton was dire post Chelsea, couldn’t pass , tackle or contribute in any way , teams sussed him , man mark , get tight and he’s ineffective. FACT. We need a strong holding midfielder who can battle and give the rough stuff back.