Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 80 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Nov 2, 2004
Having written my last I thought I had better check, I was partly correct, however it does not apply in either direction. Irish and UK citizens can live and work in each other’s countries without permits or restrictions. This would apply to footballers.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Not sure if he has already been mentioned but with Ipswich signing so many forward players, it appears that Kayden Jackson is available. He fits the bill of what Lowe is looking for, and he’s scored goals before. Could be a good addition.
1 goal in 25 league appearances last season doesn't instill too much confidence though.

Jul 28, 2020
Having written my last I thought I had better check, I was partly correct, however it does not apply in either direction. Irish and UK citizens can live and work in each other’s countries without permits or restrictions. This would apply to footballers.
I think that the League of Ireland is a good potential source for Argyle signings, with the restrictions post Brexit.The season there finishes in December.

The standard has been said to be league 2 level, while other commentators feel it is national league standard. Many good players have graduated from that league to do well in the English game, over the years.

From time to time players do get called up into the Republic of Ireland squad- the latest to do so is 22 year old Danny Mandroiu, a goal scoring midfielder. He has represented the republic at all age levels, and is currently with the Dublin based league leaders Shamrock Rovers.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
There is still 19 days left in the transfer window- RL will not go out & get some random player
Whoever he has targeted will probably have had experience in playing in a 2 & possibly had experience in playing in the system RL favours, add into the mix the comment he made regarding players characters when recruiting players he is probably looking for a needle in a haystack but he stated after the Rotherham game that they will carry on working on finding that player- there was also the article in the Herald yesterday regarding offers made so we just have to be patient & see who walks through the door before deadline day

Nov 22, 2006
There is still 19 days left in the transfer window- RL will not go out & get some random player
Whoever he has targeted will probably have had experience in playing in a 2 & possibly had experience in playing in the system RL favours, add into the mix the comment he made regarding players characters when recruiting players he is probably looking for a needle in a haystack but he stated after the Rotherham game that they will carry on working on finding that player- there was also the article in the Herald yesterday regarding offers made so we just have to be patient & see who walks through the door before deadline day
Where I agree we have to wait and see hasnt done himself any favours with out with impatient members of our fan base by suggesting there may be a new face or 2 in by Saturday give them another reason to whinge

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Where I agree we have to wait and see hasnt done himself any favours with out with impatient members of our fan base by suggesting there may be a new face or 2 in by Saturday give them another reason to whinge
I do agree RL probably does say to much at times without thinking that every word that comes out of his mouth will be analysed to the max
I would rather he gets the right fit instead of panic signings just to plug gaps in the squad

Reactions: LipsonJock

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ryan Lowe was supposedly at the Blackpool v Middlesbrough game last night. Who was he watching?

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Maybe he was going to see Uncle Neil about a player that caught is eye during our recent pre season friendly

If that is the case im sure they would have had conversations since that pre season friendly regarding a possible signing

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
In terms of strikers nothing much at that game, Spence maybe although he's a right-back but played at Home Park.
Sonny Carey (perfect Argyle name) at Blackpool is a young promising attacking midfielder, maybe him?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
For Kyle Wootton a fee would be needed I would suspect because January last year he was signed for £60k on a 30 month contract