Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 78 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Sep 2, 2008
If Lowe was to sign Charles then I really would start to get excited about this season and about where we might end up in the table. Happy to pay him big bucks for a year with a Contract extension if we get to the Championship.

Anyone fancy kicking off a crowd fund?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I see Kell Watts has signed for Wigan today. Be interesting to see how he fares for another L1 side. Thought he was good for us until February and then his form went off a cliff (much like the team to be fair to him).

Mar 14, 2009
Here we are looking at making more signings to cover up the issues our players have playing 3-1-4-2.

Seriously, it’s madness. Use more money to play a formation that doesn’t work with existing playing squad.

A shiny new player just papers over the cracks. Fix the system. We already have good enough players to at least compete in this division.

Reactions: KeithB and Tugboat

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Here we are looking at making more signings to cover up the issues our players have playing 3-1-4-2.

Seriously, it’s madness. Use more money to play a formation that doesn’t work with existing playing squad.

A shiny new player just papers over the cracks. Fix the system. We already have good enough players to at least compete in this division.
Regardless of what style or formation you wish to see, we have a maximum of two strikers, fit for purpose at league one level right now. Reliance on Ennis and Hardie to stay fit and in-form all season along with the much hoped for "second coming " of Luke Jephcott is a big ask.

Mar 14, 2009
Regardless of what style or formation you wish to see, we have a maximum of two strikers, fit for purpose at league one level right now. Reliance on Ennis and Hardie to stay fit and in-form all season along with the much hoped for "second coming " of Luke Jephcott is a big ask.
Understood.

l just think talking about more new players takes away the real elephant in the room.

Mar 21, 2006
Anyone know if Scott Wootton is fixed up with another club? I know he went Wigan last season and got injured but I have not heard whether he has got fixed up anywhere.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Anyone know if Scott Wootton is fixed up with another club? I know he went Wigan last season and got injured but I have not heard whether he has got fixed up anywhere.
On 1 February 2021, Wootton joined League One side Wigan Athletic on loan for the remainder of the 2020-21 season.[42] He scored his first goal for Wigan, a last minute winner, in a 2-1 win at Bristol Rovers on 23 February 2021.[43]

Wootton was released by the Pilgrims at the end of the 2020/21 season.[

Reactions: Cult Of Personality
Jul 28, 2020
I wonder whether the leap from league of Ireland to league 1 is too great ?

Big awkward striker Georgie Kelly, 24 , has been in great form recently and mentioned in discussions about the upcoming Republic of Ireland squad.

He is out of contract at Bohemians in December this year. He has bagged 16 goals in the league , plus 4 in the europa conference league, including scoring in the recent 2-1 win over Greek giants PAOK.

He seems big and raw - but perhaps the sort of player Argyle could look to develop ?

Sep 2, 2008
I wonder whether the leap from league of Ireland to league 1 is too great ?

Big awkward striker Georgie Kelly, 24 , has been in great form recently and mentioned in discussions about the upcoming Republic of Ireland squad.

He is out of contract at Bohemians in December this year. He has bagged 16 goals in the league , plus 4 in the europa conference league, including scoring in the recent 2-1 win over Greek giants PAOK.

He seems big and raw - but perhaps the sort of player Argyle could look to develop ?
Probably no stats or data for Lowe to look at so a non starter I reckon.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Probably no stats or data for Lowe to look at so a non starter I reckon.
Whatever happen to a good old fashioned scouting trip to see a player in action.?

subbuteo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 12, 2009
Bobby Duncan currently out of favour at Derby. Young scouse striker with a very high opinion of himself which hasn't yet transpired on the pitch.

Maybe Ryan Lowe could bring the best out of him though certainly a handful.