Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 43 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oldage":1otwndbl said:
davie nine":1otwndbl said:
Oldage, I think you said you bought a season ticket and I know you wanted to arrange transport from Cornwall.
Why?
Stupid question to put to a supporter of over 55 years!
I asked the question because you seem to have no respect for the manager, his recently re-signed midfielder (Danny Mayor) or any of the new signings that he has made to date. That is why I don’t understand why you call it a stupid question.
I don’t wish to troll you, I just want to try to understand what motivates you to commit to buying a season ticket and travelling up from Cornwall every other week.
The more STH’s the better but it would help if you could explain what ‘floats your boat’.

Dec 3, 2005
davie nine":1v0hqsww said:
oldage":1v0hqsww said:
davie nine":1v0hqsww said:
Oldage, I think you said you bought a season ticket and I know you wanted to arrange transport from Cornwall.
Why?
Stupid question to put to a supporter of over 55 years!
I asked the question because you seem to have no respect for the manager, his recently re-signed midfielder (Danny Mayor) or any of the new signings that he has made to date. That is why I don’t understand why you call it a stupid question.
I don’t wish to troll you, I just want to try to understand what motivates you to commit to buying a season ticket and travelling up from Cornwall every other week.
The more STH’s the better but it would help if you could explain what ‘floats your boat’.

Sorry to interupt this feud, but WHY does oldage need to justify anything?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Oldage does not need to justify anything.Its just deliberate trolling by Dave nine...

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Both of our new centre backs have previously played for Walsall alongside Joe Edwards , if RL continues with this theme Eoghan O'Connell could be our next man in having played alongside Joe in the 17/18 season

Jan 2, 2006
It sounds like we have given up on Paul Mullin if we were ever after him.

In the latest herald article Lowe talks about one or two targets have been missed and then later in talks about getting one or two loans up front to supplement our existing strikers.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
BojanTheGreat":3op7eaq9 said:
It sounds like we have given up on Paul Mullin if we were ever after him.

In the latest herald article Lowe talks about one or two targets have been missed and then later in talks about getting one or two loans up front to supplement our existing strikers.

I don't think we were ever interested in Paul Mullin to be honest. More lazy journalism just mentioning our name without any hard evidence. If we were after a forward on a permanent contract I reckon it'll be someone a lot bigger than Mullin as a target man type.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
EFL Zone reporting that we are about to sign Manny Monthe from Tranrmere. Portsmouth were interested in signing him last season but were put off by the 750k price tag Tranmere placed on him.

This guy is a serious man mountain at at just over 6ft4, is 26 and I think is left footed.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
JannerinCardiff":3jfsuwkg said:
EFL Zone reporting that we are about to sign Manny Monthe from Tranrmere. Portsmouth were interested in signing him last season but were put off by the 750k price tag Tranmere placed on him.

This guy is a serious man mountain at at just over 6ft4 and I think is left footed.

Well he did announce on Twitter he is leaving Tranmere yesterday (well that's what google told me when I asked who he was)

Jun 27, 2019
He could certainly fit into RL's 'powerful' back three description.

Again, he's an uncompromising type who prioritises defending over pretty football, so if we sign him surely it's confirmation that we're moving away from the tippy-tappy passing out from the back.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
WoodsyGreen":2z2apjgq said:

Again, he's an uncompromising type who prioritises defending over pretty football, so if we sign him surely it's confirmation that we're moving away from the tippy-tappy passing out from the back.

I like the idea of ‘tippy tappy’ football out from the back in the sense of retaining possession but we never really achieved much last season by doing it. Often we got pressed high and fast which put out CB under pressure which resulted in an aimless punt up the field.

What we need is a target for Cooper to go for . Someone who can take down and retain a long ball. Also someone able to effectively challenge for second balls.

If we have that we can readopt the goal kick negating the need for ball playing CB’s.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
WoodsyGreen":1rehqar9 said:

Or maybe highlighting the need for a deep lying play maker type holding midfielder like a lower level Pirlo, or a Steve McCall who can do all the passing at the back when we're in possession. Adam Randell anyone?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
JannerinCardiff":1evf9u6m said:
WoodsyGreen":1evf9u6m said:

Or maybe highlighting the need for a deep lying play maker type holding midfielder like a lower level Pirlo, or a Steve McCall who can do all the passing at the back when we're in possession. Adam Randell anyone?

Its a nice idea but we should be careful about loading too much too soon on the young man.