Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 45 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

May 8, 2011
Lobster":19uxyjnx said:
WoodsyGreen":19uxyjnx said:
It must be a player already in the UK because Brexit rules mean we now have no chance of signing players from abroad.

That's just not true is it.

If it is a UK or Irish passport holder then they could.

Feb 9, 2021
The Doctor":1mbhf2x3 said:
Matt Green Army":1mbhf2x3 said:
WoodsyGreen":1mbhf2x3 said:
It must be a player already in the UK because Brexit rules mean we now have no chance of signing players from abroad.
Ive heard off one of my friends its Macauley Gillesphey from brisbane roar

That's quite a left-field suggestion. He's English (north-east, came up through Newcastle Academy) so there's no issue with him joining a club in this country. 3 seasons experience at Carlisle and then 2 years at Brisbane Roar. Signed for BR in 2019 by Robbie Fowler who has now left the club. Doesn't seem to be an obvious signing for a League 1 team.
wasnt a suggestion only what I was told never heard of him

Jun 27, 2019
Lobster":hyo6pber said:
WoodsyGreen":hyo6pber said:

Uh, yes it is.

The system that has been brought in means any player we want to sign from abroad - even the EU - has to earn enough 'points' to qualify. That means playing enough international matches and/or coming from a standard of league considered good enough to earn the player sufficient points.

League One clubs can still sign EU players of course, but they'd basically have little chance of competing for players who would qualify.

Apr 30, 2011
WoodsyGreen":pf86ecsy said:
Lobster":pf86ecsy said:
WoodsyGreen":pf86ecsy said:

Uh, yes it is.

The system that has been brought in means any player we want to sign from abroad - even the EU - has to earn enough 'points' to qualify. That means playing enough international matches and/or coming from a standard of league considered good enough to earn the player sufficient points.

League One clubs can still sign EU players of course, but they'd basically have little chance of competing for players who would qualify.

Brexit hasn't changed the requirements for non EU players?

Jul 28, 2020
Matt Green Army":1z280qor said:
WoodsyGreen":1z280qor said:

The name you’ve given seems unlikely, to me .... might it be another player from Brisbane Roar ( with more obvious connections) ? :think:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Railway sleeper":246qv9fc said:
Matt Green Army":246qv9fc said:
WoodsyGreen":246qv9fc said:

The name you’ve given seems unlikely, to me .... might it be another player from Brisbane Roar ( with more obvious connections) ? :think:

Jay O'Shea
In the summer he was strongly linked with a move to Plymouth Argyle, who were managed by former Bury boss Ryan Lowe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_O%27Shea

Played 2 years with Bury before moving to Brisbane Roar

Jul 28, 2020
Ottawa Green":2mbyppok said:
Railway sleeper":2mbyppok said:
Matt Green Army":2mbyppok said:
WoodsyGreen":2mbyppok said:

Jay O'Shea
In the summer he was strongly linked with a move to Plymouth Argyle, who were managed by former Bury boss Ryan Lowe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_O%27Shea

Played 2 years with Bury before moving to Brisbane Roar

That would be some signing. :shock:

would love to see that happen ....

Then perhaps, Argyle fans could begin to ask: “ Graham who ?”.....

Jun 27, 2019
Penmaster":3rjzku55 said:
WoodsyGreen":3rjzku55 said:
Lobster":3rjzku55 said:
WoodsyGreen":3rjzku55 said:

Uh, yes it is.

No it hasn't - and I didn't mean to imply it had. I just meant that the rules for EU players are now almost as strict as for non-EU players.

Dec 30, 2020
WoodsyGreen":3g0qub57 said:
Penmaster":3g0qub57 said:
Lobster":3g0qub57 said:

Uh, yes it is.

No it hasn't - and I didn't mean to imply it had. I just meant that the rules for EU players are now almost as strict as for non-EU players.

Yeah, it's a points based system but you effectively have to be an international for a top 50 country or playing for a top club. There's no chance of Argyle bringing in a foreign player who doesn't have UK citizenship.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
It used to be a top 70 ranked country. Have the rules changed?

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Matt Green Army":58g6ihfo said:
The Doctor":58g6ihfo said:
Matt Green Army":58g6ihfo said:
WoodsyGreen":58g6ihfo said:

That's quite a left-field suggestion. He's English (north-east, came up through Newcastle Academy) so there's no issue with him joining a club in this country. 3 seasons experience at Carlisle and then 2 years at Brisbane Roar. Signed for BR in 2019 by Robbie Fowler who has now left the club. Doesn't seem to be an obvious signing for a League 1 team.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/ ... a327f12e8e

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
RKB":hxt36pm0 said:
Matt Green Army":hxt36pm0 said:
The Doctor":hxt36pm0 said:
Matt Green Army":hxt36pm0 said:
WoodsyGreen":hxt36pm0 said:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/ ... a327f12e8e

6' 2" and left footed. Would fit playing in Kell Watts' position, and much more experience.