Plymouth Argyle manager Derek Adams bans Plymouth Live | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle manager Derek Adams bans Plymouth Live

Is Adams right in banning the Herald?

• Yes

Votes: 67 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 39.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 37 21.6%

• Total voters
F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Nobby":igk03ego said:
So when we’re on a good run of form and everyone’s feeling more positive, what benefit does it do for the Herald to post a fairly critical article of the manager from a player who left two years ago? I’d describe that as pretty needless myself.

I don't think it's their responsibility to look out for the club. Firstly, we have a free press and to be fair I found the Nardiello story quite interesting. Don't get me wrong, the Football Manager/clickbait crap is utter nonsense. Nonetheless, it is serving a purpose (for the Herald at least).

Derek Adams is responsible for results and he has done something which may (equally it may not) have a negative impact upon getting those results. What's more, if the Herald can't speak to Adams, is it not likely to create more crap content which only creates more of an issue? It's not as if Adams was misquoted or what have you.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The Thursday press conference went ahead as normal with the Herald getting the news that came out of it from South West Sports News.

South West Sports News

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Herald can still speak to Adams for post-match interviews, which is part of EFL regulations (those interviews will be interesting), it's the pre-match press conferences that the Herald has been banned from.

Johnny Mercer also has a problem with the Herald ....

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":2ilor1eg said:
We have an aging fan base, a number of which may rely on the Herald for their Argyle news. I know it seems mad to some but not everyone uses the Internet like us on here. Strange move that won't bring Adams and the fans any closer together.

I 'm not so sure I believe that. People have been saying that since I was a kid, and that was back in the 80's...

Back on topic, I don't really blame Adams in what he has decided. He has probably been biting his lip for months on the matter anyway. The Herald is a proper rag and this is just the tip of the iceberg. It's a shame as it used to be a decent read in bygones past.

I wonder if Errington has ever considered going freelance?

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
This isn't an issue about whether or not Adams and the club can take or not take criticism. It's an issue of morals and actually downright lies. The club have had to take a stance and they are right to in this instance.

Aug 11, 2013
Ridiculous decision and his boss needs to have a word.

I'm no champion for the Herald but if they do write a load of trot - people are free to ignore it.

There is a worrying trend among football clubs to ban reporters and instead have their own hand-picked writers to peddle propaganda from the Manager's/Proprietor’s point of view. Those supporting the decision presumably prefer the Cowdery drivel from the website?

Censorship by football clubs is unacceptable; managers should be held to account for the decisions they make and in Adams case the way they run the whole club. It us fans who will be the losers. We can buy the match-day programmes to hear what DA has to say and read the website propaganda , but I personally like to read what independent commentators have to say about our local team even if I don't always agree with it or think its sometimes nonsense. DA seems unable to deal with criticism and this decision seems to follow the pattern of his previous narcissistic personality traits.

Censorship is never a good thing and does PAFC no credit at all.

Oct 16, 2016
It’s usually the death throes of a manger’s tenure when he starts banning media outlets of his (sic) want and will.

Ultimately when he’s gone it’ll be irrelevant and forgotten and those here lauding his decision will be, once again, regurgitating the statements and stories from the local hacks and current pariahs. Poor show from Adams

Sep 19, 2015
The thing that worries me is the "Derek Adams" bans Plymouth Live from Press Conferences. How much power does this bloke have for goodness sake? Surely it should be "Plymouth Argyle" bans Plymouth Live from Press Conferences.

May 1, 2011
Nobby":whobbzvt said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":whobbzvt said:
The Doctor":whobbzvt said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":whobbzvt said:
We have an aging fan base, a number of which may rely on the Herald for their Argyle news. I know it seems mad to some but not everyone uses the Internet like us on here. Strange move that won't bring Adams and the fans any closer together.

It's not intended to do that though is it? It's surely intended to make Plymouth Live and The Herald re-think their policy on the kinds of Argyle-related content they produce. But whether it will do that is anyone's guess. It is at least AS likely that they will maintain their current stance because pretty obviously that is the general approach across the whole Plymouth Live website these days.

It's not the intention - no. However, it is a consequence. Just browsing through social media and it's not a roundly popular decision, whatever you think of Plymouth Live.

I think this is a case of Derek Adams being petulant personally and it's creating needless drama and conflict when we're not certain of our League One status next season.

So when we’re on a good run of form and everyone’s feeling more positive, what benefit does it do for the Herald to post a fairly critical article of the manager from a player who left two years ago? I’d describe that as pretty needless myself.

It was correct to question Adams after throwing away the lead twice on Saturday. The Herald is there to ask awkward questions not to just toady up to Adams.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Shankster":36a82x1i said:
It’s usually the death throes of a manger’s tenure when he starts banning media outlets of his (sic) want and will.

Ultimately when he’s gone it’ll be irrelevant and forgotten and those here lauding his decision will be, once again, regurgitating the statements and stories from the local hacks and current pariahs. Poor show from Adams

You've been saying Adams is in the death throes of his reign the whole season. I'll take it about as seriously as the insistence that Carey wouldn't be here beyond last August.

And this isn't a temporary situation or a decision that will be forgotten, clickbait and the dying local newspaper industry has meant papers like the Herald have moved towards misleading or outrage-inducing stories.

That's bad for everyone and isn't going to change for the better without something fairly drastic happening.

Aug 5, 2016
PL2 3DQ":3qpu0wje said:
The Herald can still speak to Adams for post-match interviews, which is part of EFL regulations (those interviews will be interesting), it's the pre-match press conferences that the Herald has been banned from.

Johnny Mercer also has a problem with the Herald ....

I assume these other public figures in Plymouth that object to contant clickbait crap attacking them have out of control egos too?

There must be a real ego problem in Plymouth at the moment rather than a terribly low quality gutter press problem.

Aug 11, 2013
Can you point to some of the misleading and outrage-inducing stories? Don't mix those up with holding Adams to account though.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Stopped going near the Herald after the Kelvin Mellor hate article whilst he was still contracted. This started years ago. They're nasty, Chris Errington could do much better than stay there.

Oct 16, 2016
Biggs":ukwyyrmv said:
Shankster":ukwyyrmv said:

You've been saying Adams is in the death throes of his reign the whole season. I'll take it about as seriously as the insistence that Carey wouldn't be here beyond last August.

And this isn't a temporary situation or a decision that will be forgotten, clickbait and the dying local newspaper industry has meant papers like the Herald have moved towards misleading or outrage-inducing stories.

That's bad for everyone and isn't going to change for the better without something fairly drastic happening.

It’s entirely temporary because the club hasn’t banned Plymouth Live, Adams has

The Carey situation will become clear once he’s gone. Obviously can’t discuss it now. Best player the club has by many country miles

Aug 5, 2016
Shankster":n754gcvj said:
Biggs":n754gcvj said:
Shankster":n754gcvj said:

It’s entirely temporary because the club hasn’t banned Plymouth Live, Adams has

The Carey situation will become clear once he’s gone. Obviously can’t discuss it now. Best player the club has by many country miles

The club did well to keep Carey as long as we have done given his quality over 4 seasons. Lameiras has been comfortably better than Carey this season at any rate and would be my priority in the upcoming contract discussions.