Plymouth Argyle manager Derek Adams bans Plymouth Live | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle manager Derek Adams bans Plymouth Live

Is Adams right in banning the Herald?

• Yes

Votes: 67 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 39.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 37 21.6%

• Total voters

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
gaspargomez":10qsp4dr said:
All these people saying how awful the Herald is- yet you obviously still read it !

My news aggregator shows me the headlines from the Argyle RSS feed from the site. You don't need to read anything else to see how bad it is.

Jak Ball Championship players Plymouth Argyle, Sunderland and other League One clubs can sign for free
Jak Ball The day Plymouth Argyle went viral after 'miracle' of wheelchair-bound fan
Jak Ball Plymouth Argyle fan and internet sensation Paddy Cording talks going viral after Sunderland trip
Jak Ball Former Plymouth Argyle defender Sonny Bradley goes viral after 'push' from Bradford City player

The last one isn't even about Argyle!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
lunarjetman":1jv8rncp said:
Chris Errington can hardly be described as a bad journalist. I think he is excellent. And most of the the other writers are good as well. Personally I really like the Herald and rely on it for most Argyle news. The podcast they produce is good too.

I agree with all of this, but none of that is too adversely affected by not attending press conferences. You can still write about and have views on the club, and it could be that Errington and Adams still have a relationship.

You just cannot publish stories like 'Argyle sack Derek Adams....... (in Football Manager)' and expect anything else. You make your bed, you have to lie in it.

Aug 5, 2016
Stuart House":140hnfo4 said:
The Herald do write some absolute drivel, and trawling social media for 'Fans Views' to use as content makes me cringe...

... BUT - Adams is terrible at taking criticism, and thats not a good thing. Be it from fans when leaving the pitch (yobs - ironic after this weekend hey?) or whats written online.

Derek - you need to understand you are not the messiah and you're a very hard chap to like. Some times its not all about results, and I still maintain you are NOT the right manager for this club in the long run.

What has that got to do with deliberate negative clickbait reporting from an Exeter supporter?

With any luck the Herald might realise it needs Argyle more than vice versa, and dignify its set up with a degree of professionalism. As said above, I can't stand Jak Ball, I can't stand Stuart James, so as an Argyle fan I don't even read the majority of the Herald's content.

Should that not be a worry for the Herald? I'm their target audience. I coyld potentially read 5 articles a day, but instead might read one a week because their ad infested website and writers are too amateurish and irritating.

May 21, 2015
Harsh on Chris Errington imo.

Whilst the quality of the reporting from others on the site can leave a lot to be desired this feels like a bit of an unnecessarily strong reaction from DA.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Knibbsworth":2o0snkj8 said:
Stuart House":2o0snkj8 said:
The Herald do write some absolute drivel, and trawling social media for 'Fans Views' to use as content makes me cringe...

... BUT - Adams is terrible at taking criticism, and thats not a good thing. Be it from fans when leaving the pitch (yobs - ironic after this weekend hey?) or whats written online.

Derek - you need to understand you are not the messiah and you're a very hard chap to like. Some times its not all about results, and I still maintain you are NOT the right manager for this club in the long run.

What has that got to do with deliberate negative clickbait reporting from an Exeter supporter?

Ban him then - I'm not disagreeing that the Herald right some absolute dross.

This is just another example of Adam's massive out of control ego.

Every team/city has a version of Plymouth Live - and they all right the same crap to get 'clicks'. The managers don't all throw their toys out the pram and ban them though.

Name me one other manager who has banned the Plymouth Live equivalent? I know in Bristol, Coughlan hasn't banned Bristol.live or the Bristol Post.

May 16, 2016
They lost me when they started using computer games as 'a source'.

I'm waiting for

"You wont believe how Argyle Fans around the World reacted on Twitter after reading a Tweet about the banning of Plymouth Live (except for obligated access), click here to see how it went viral"

How does this affect Championship Manager Players online ? In depth investigation and results revealed later (2 Minute read).

May 16, 2016
Stuart House":2ly0urw9 said:
Knibbsworth":2ly0urw9 said:
Stuart House":2ly0urw9 said:

Ban him then - I'm not disagreeing that the Herald right some absolute dross.

This is just another example of Adam's massive out of control ego.

Every team/city has a version of Plymouth Live - and they all right the same crap to get 'clicks'. The managers don't all through the toys out the pram and ban them though.

Name me one other manager who has banned the Plymouth Live equivalent? I know in Bristol Coughlan hasn't banned Bristol.live or the Bristol Post.

Forgotten the Cherry Pickers?

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

We have an aging fan base, a number of which may rely on the Herald for their Argyle news. I know it seems mad to some but not everyone uses the Internet like us on here. Strange move that won't bring Adams and the fans any closer together.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":3jlecvm4 said:
We have an aging fan base, a number of which may rely on the Herald for their Argyle news. I know it seems mad to some but not everyone uses the Internet like us on here. Strange move that won't bring Adams and the fans any closer together.

It's not intended to do that though is it? It's surely intended to make Plymouth Live and The Herald re-think their policy on the kinds of Argyle-related content they produce. But whether it will do that is anyone's guess. It is at least AS likely that they will maintain their current stance because pretty obviously that is the general approach across the whole Plymouth Live website these days.

Jun 2, 2016
gaspargomez":1ei81azq said:
All these people saying how awful the Herald is- yet you obviously still read it !

Cowardly move by PAFC which reflects very badly on the club. What exactly are they afraid of ?

Dont think it's 'they'. Herald reports that this is an individual decision by Adams & that all Argyle staff are free to speak to them.
Adams isn't afraid. Midweek pressers are a convention , not an obligation. If he wants to bring an end to it because the outlet in question runs crap stories about him in between good ones, up to him.
If Adams reads it and isnt happy, i'd rather he argues the toss with them on Thursdays and gets it printed.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

The Doctor":h4p0joad said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":h4p0joad said:

It's not intended to do that though is it? It's surely intended to make Plymouth Live and The Herald re-think their policy on the kinds of Argyle-related content they produce. But whether it will do that is anyone's guess. It is at least AS likely that they will maintain their current stance because pretty obviously that is the general approach across the whole Plymouth Live website these days.

It's not the intention - no. However, it is a consequence. Just browsing through social media and it's not a roundly popular decision, whatever you think of Plymouth Live.

I think this is a case of Derek Adams being petulant personally and it's creating needless drama and conflict when we're not certain of our League One status next season.

Aug 5, 2015
It’s a shame about CE but as for the rest of it it’s a waste of space. Why provide privileged access to trolls from up the A38. Good riddance. Haven’t accessed it for a while now. No decision that a football manager makes is likely to be roundly popular

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":2v292myh said:
The Doctor":2v292myh said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":2v292myh said:

It's not the intention - no. However, it is a consequence. Just browsing through social media and it's not a roundly popular decision, whatever you think of Plymouth Live.

I think this is a case of Derek Adams being petulant personally and it's creating needless drama and conflict when we're not certain of our League One status next season.

So when we’re on a good run of form and everyone’s feeling more positive, what benefit does it do for the Herald to post a fairly critical article of the manager from a player who left two years ago? I’d describe that as pretty needless myself.