Plan B.....Just as secretive as Plan A? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plan B.....Just as secretive as Plan A?

R

rich

FFS! Yes... why not tell Argyle fans own (un)preferred bidders what Plan B can do... if they fail I'm sure a lot more openess will come out.

You really are a bored troll, aren't you? *yawn*

B

bandwagon

yes its such an lol moment isnt it?
so im not allowed to know the answers of whats going on with the club i have always supported?
just have to go with the flow?

I think the most important thing is we are so close to 'some sort of outcome', us fans have little we can do to change the outcome - unfortunately, yes we have to go with the flow!!

The reaction to the outcome will be a personal one for each fan!! :) :(

A

Arch Stanton

IJN":32d6fcdf said:
<Sigh>

The secrecy behind the PB's is that we have no idea of who they are, if they have any money, where the money is coming from if they have it, why did Heaney lie about his involvement, why did they promise milestone payments and why were they missed etc etc etc.

The 'secrecy' behind the escape plan has been explained, and it's because we do not want to show our hand, should the escape plan be necessary.

Quite a bit of difference I'd say.

As for what people get out of it?

Me - nothing.

Postey - nothing.

Graham Clark - nothing

Chris Webb - nothing

Peter Ryan - nothing

Jamie Yabsley - nothing

Uncle Buck - nothing

Peter Jones - possibly a seat on the board (I don't know that by the way) and who the hell would disagree with that IF it happened??

James Brent - Far more hassle than it's worth, if truth be told. :)

The suggestion that Peter Jones could possibly become a Director under a successful Plan B (Brent/Trust/Rescue) package does worry me as there are many on here both pro & anti Plan A including the most vocal anti voice on these boards X Isle, who believe it is imperative that Peter Ridsdale due to the amount of work he has put in at Argyle over the last 6 months and his football operator experience is involved with said bid whether as Chairman and or CEO.

Could Jones work alongside Peter Ridsdale?

PJ already has previous of walking out on the Club when things are not going his way.
What I would be uncomfortable with here is the possible recycling of ex directors pre NWO and the likes of Dunford being brought back into the fold as they suit Mr Jones.

A

Anonymous

Martyn,

You are invited to the next meeting.

How's that?

Are you up for it?

A

Anonymous

Right then, eveyone's happy.

We will of course, expect Martyn to let you all know every detail after the meeting. :lol: :huddle:

Martyn,

Can you PM Chris Webb with your mobile, so he can include you in on the secret text he sends out, when the time and date has been decided? :wink:

Perhaps, you can also give Mr Heaney a nudge as well, make sure that Plan A has an attending Argyle fan as well, as the next meeting, just in the interest of balance and fairness you understand.

Jul 29, 2010
martynargyle":1rvlpfb3 said:
X Isle":1rvlpfb3 said:
This thread has been a riotous hoot to behold, some absolute pearlers of tosh :lol:.

In order to faithfully compare to the AFC Heaney/Ridsdale truthfulness and transparency model those involved in plan B would have to have been on a (nudge nudge) walking holiday in the area, stayed for six months, met up at Lanhydrock Golf Club under the (wink wink) guise of making preparations for an Argyle friendly with a PASOTI/Trust X1. They'd then have to have been publicly outed as putting together a bid, only to announce a few days later they were withdrawing from the process due to adverse public reaction. They'd then have to move to Gibraltar and re-engage with Guilfoyle as a "mystery consortium" on the proviso that everyone agrees to lie, openly and barefacedly, to the fanbase on legal instruction. Then they'd have to be caught with their pants down having breakfast at McDonalds in the city centre with plans for Home Park and a neon light above their heads saying "we're planning to buy Plymouth Argyle" and sheepishly scurry out quicker than an MP at a dogging spot when the feds pull in. Only then would they confirm their interest but even half would claim to be an "advisory body" with no interest in football and the other half would say they were reluctantly putting themselves forward as a buyer for £1 because they haven't got anything else to do right now..........well, apart from go to court for season ticket frauds of course.

If those involved in putting plan B together (on behalf of the whole fanbase don't forget) had bevaved with that level of skullduggery then yes, a comparison would be fair. As they've had two meetings and fully disclosed the content of all discussions, the names of all involved and thus the interests of all parties, the comparison is akin to comparing the finest fillet steak to the brown stuff that came out of the same cows ar5e :roll:.

This is another thread where the staggering myopia of certain individual posters in defending the indefensible actions of openly dishonest people (admitted so publicly) yet rounding on the honest, transparent, integrity laden and unifying process of the Plan B model continues to highlight a big question mark on their motivations for so doing :wink:.

only read the last couple of lines because it was a boring reply to begin with, but if it was open and transparent then why are we the fans not allowed to go to these meetings with god and viv?
lets stop all the bs and involve the FANS

If it's honesty you want you should begin with yourself. The honest reason you didn't bother reading it is because you know it speaks the truth and you don't like it. To desire the involvement of fans and yet somehow manage to see a lack of inclusiveness, openess or transparency in plan B whilst failing to spot it in plan A?...........now THAT's bullsh1t my friend :lol:.

I don't need to attend a meeting to know the best interests of our core values are being represented by the persons present, I trust them, I trust good people, I value good people. You are clearly 'needy' and I hope the meeting amongst people you clearly neither trust OR value gives you what you need, I suspect not.

A

Arch Stanton

IJN":7sohfzp9 said:
Right then, eveyone's happy.

We will of course, expect Martyn to let you all know every detail after the meeting. :lol: :huddle:

Martyn,

Can you PM Chris Webb with your mobile, so he can include you in on the secret text he sends out, when the time and date has been decided? :wink:

Perhaps, you can also give Mr Heaney a nudge as well, make sure that Plan A has an attending Argyle fan as well, as the next meeting, just in the interest of balance and fairness you understand.

I VOTE FOR ESMER :)

G

grovehill

Plan B relies on Plymouth City Council buying back the freehold.

PCC have not said they are prepared to do this.

Until they do, Plan B is a pipedream.

I personally think there is no chance of PCC being prepared to buy the freehold for a price that Lombard and other secured creditors would find acceptable.

If Plan A fails, Argyle would be able to continue in Administration until another buyer is found as the day-to-day running expenses would be covered by ticket and player sales. Other clubs have operated in Administration for over a season, there's no reason why Argyle can't.

A

Anonymous

That's alright then, Grovey's got the answers.

Sorted.

What's the panic eh?

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
I don't know about anybody else but I am getting totaly bored with this thread now. Comments are being made merely on assumptions and possibilities. It is just one big headache. Is it going to change anything? No.

G

grovehill

IJN":19f08xwl said:
That's alright then, Grovey's got the answers.

Sorted.

What's the panic eh?

Some people seem to like running around in a panic saying things like "If Heaney's bid fails, we have to have an alternative RIGHT AWAYor the club will be liquidated.

I'm just pointing out that that's not the case. so there's no need to rely on a cobbled together, unfinanced, plan that might not be the best deal around.

L

Laughter My Ploy

martynargyle":cfjy6on2 said:
X Isle":cfjy6on2 said:
This thread has been a riotous hoot to behold, some absolute pearlers of tosh :lol:.

In order to faithfully compare to the AFC Heaney/Ridsdale truthfulness and transparency model those involved in plan B would have to have been on a (nudge nudge) walking holiday in the area, stayed for six months, met up at Lanhydrock Golf Club under the (wink wink) guise of making preparations for an Argyle friendly with a PASOTI/Trust X1. They'd then have to have been publicly outed as putting together a bid, only to announce a few days later they were withdrawing from the process due to adverse public reaction. They'd then have to move to Gibraltar and re-engage with Guilfoyle as a "mystery consortium" on the proviso that everyone agrees to lie, openly and barefacedly, to the fanbase on legal instruction. Then they'd have to be caught with their pants down having breakfast at McDonalds in the city centre with plans for Home Park and a neon light above their heads saying "we're planning to buy Plymouth Argyle" and sheepishly scurry out quicker than an MP at a dogging spot when the feds pull in. Only then would they confirm their interest but even half would claim to be an "advisory body" with no interest in football and the other half would say they were reluctantly putting themselves forward as a buyer for £1 because they haven't got anything else to do right now..........well, apart from go to court for season ticket frauds of course.

If those involved in putting plan B together (on behalf of the whole fanbase don't forget) had bevaved with that level of skullduggery then yes, a comparison would be fair. As they've had two meetings and fully disclosed the content of all discussions, the names of all involved and thus the interests of all parties, the comparison is akin to comparing the finest fillet steak to the brown stuff that came out of the same cows ar5e :roll:.

This is another thread where the staggering myopia of certain individual posters in defending the indefensible actions of openly dishonest people (admitted so publicly) yet rounding on the honest, transparent, integrity laden and unifying process of the Plan B model continues to highlight a big question mark on their motivations for so doing :wink:.

only read the last couple of lines because it was a boring reply to begin with, but if it was open and transparent then why are we the fans not allowed to go to these meetings with god and viv?
lets stop all the bs and involve the FANS

I'm a FAN and feel as involved as I need to be.....I feel a liitle uncomfortable that you'll be at the next meeting....so give us a clue what you expect to offer the process and how you want to influence events

A

Anonymous

grovehill":j5m7hkku said:
I'm just pointing out that that's not the case. so there's no need to rely on a cobbled together, unfinanced, plan that might not be the best deal around.

I was being sarcastic Grovey.

The running costs cannot be supported by simple match revenue, if it were that simple I'd agree with your synopsis.

Nov 27, 2009
Plymouth.
martynargyle":1gf9hfmb said:
drolyag":1gf9hfmb said:
martynargyle":1gf9hfmb said:
so i want to see the colouring books and what doodles they have on them

I wouldn't if I were you. You're going to be so jealous when you see they can stay inside the lines.

ahh ive got a trick to it that helps me improve my colouring

I am with you on hating BS so for transparency can you answer the following questions with a yes or a no.

Do you know any of the plan b people ?

Do you have a personal grudge against that person or those people?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
I have to say as a fan of no particular bid that I feel this afternoon some stress has been lifted from my shoulders.

Well done Martin your eloquence has won the day and we now have a true champion to fight the anarchist cause in future meetings. Although I have to warn you, its not along appointment, as it is unlikely to go beyond the 5th August.

Bravo!